[Horror Story] How HTC is so incompetent and ridiculous. Show your support!

Search This thread

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
Hello everyone, this is my horror story that began on June the 30th of 2010 and is still ongoing.

All for a swap of my defective HTC Nexus One phone.

I request that you please show your support as the only way we can ensure something like this doesnt happen again is to band together.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120012004718856&v=wall

Here is the story:

I had arranged for my nexus one which had started to accumulate dust underneath its screen to be replaced by HTC. When I received the replacement, the unit had a faulty screen, power button and the battery cover would not fit properly. As a result, I filed a complaint online and received a call back from an agent who advised my that a replacement can be set up for the DEFECTIVE REPLACEMENT UNIT that I had received.

I told her that I would like to go ahead with that, but I'm currently busy and need the device and I would appreciate it if she could call me back on the 25th of August to set up a replacement. She agreed and scheduled me for a call back.

I ended up not needing my device for as long as I had anticipated and called in myself on the 14th of August to set up the replacement myself and had it arranged. I shipped the defective unit and according to the details from FedEX the unit was received on the 24th of August at the repair facility. The previous agent did STILL give me a call back on the 25th of August. She confirmed with me that she saw on the notes for my case that I had called in and had the replacement set up, and if I was satisfied. I told her yes, I have sent in the defective unit and am just waiting for my new unit to come back to me. This was on the 25th of August.

Two weeks later, I called in to HTC and inquired about the status of my phone as I had received no notification or my new device. I was advised that for some reason, my previous ticket was CLOSED AND DISCARDED. ***WITHOUT A REPLACEMENT UNIT BEING SENT BACK TO ME***

Since that date, I have been calling HTC almost EVERY SINGLE DAY, speaking to supervisors after supervisors, who have ALL promised me call backs but have NEVER called me back (for the exception of ONE SINGLE PATHETIC PHONE CALL, to advise me that Britney, a supervisor at the call center, had NO information for me).

I have since called in almost every day, and EVERY SINGLE DAY I have been promised a call back from a manager, or Upper management, but HTC has failed to deliver EVERY single time.

I have been lied to by agent after agent, and supervisor after supervisor, and what is even more sad is that I still have NO INFORMATION about the status of my device after an astounding MONTH AND A HALF.

I have spoken to agents by the following names at the call center:

Chardene
Chantelle
Christopher
Daniella
and 3 others whose name I cannot remember

Supervisors by the following names:

Nicole
Daniella
Pamela
and two others whose names I cannot recall at this time.

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE AGENTS HAS PROMISED ME CALL BACKS EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE CALLED. AND I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED MORE THAN ONE CALL BACK (FROM BRITNEY, who is supposedly working on my case, who did not even speak to me, but left me a message on a phone number that I specifically asked *on at least 5 occassions* to not call me at).

HTC has absoloutely dissappointed me.

The following are my case numbers that were created by HTC that are relevant to this issue:

10CAC37***124 - This is a repair ticket which was created WITHOUT MY CONSENT, and I was advised by Chantelle, that the reason this was created was due to the fact that a unit cannot be in HTC's posession unless there is a ticket created. They told me not to worry about it

10CAD3****0107 - this ticket number is the replacement that was setup for my DEFECTIVE REPLACEMENT DEVICE and WAS DISCARDED WITHOUT A NEW DEVICE BEING SENT BACK TO ME

10CAD2****0073 - this ticket number was created for the defective unit which had dust underneath its screen, and was to be replaced originally with a WORKING unit.

The serial number for my device that was sent in is: HT03TP9**153

The serial number for the defective replacement device which was sent back is: HT03TP9**136

HTC promises to its customers that once a defective device has been received, a new replacement device will be shipped out the NEXT business day. Clearly, these are all lies. Not only have HTC displayed incompetency in helping out a PAYING customer, but they have LIED on many occasions to their customer.

I even called the corporate head office and left a message on the voice machine about this issue, but did not receive a call back. Hopefully, this will now get sorted out.

The original defective device was set up to be replaced on the 30th of June, 2010 and it is now September 2010 and we are still nowhere.

(Sept 20th) last time i spoke to them was on Monday, I was supposed to get a call back from upper management of the call centre on that day, but of course, that was another lie. So i called in myself and asked to speak to someone.

ended up speaking to a supervisor who claimed that she promises first hand that someone WILL call me back by the end of the day today (monday), and what do you know. today is wednesday and still no information, no call backs and im sure ill be on the phone with them again shortly to figure out whats going on now

UPDATE #1: On the 22nd of September I called in again and spoke to a supervisor first, then I was told im being transferred to a manager. When I was transferred, it was another supervisor, who said management isnt available.

End of the conversation resulted in the promise of a call back after Ms. Simpson would speak to her MANAGER, Krishana, and would call me TODAY before the end of her shift at 10 PM EST. BEfore i hung up, I told her i would gladly wait for management on hold all day and she told me that something like that is not possible. She PROMISED me that she would call me back, 100% for sure and let me know what happened.

And well, no call back, nothing at all.

UPDATE #2: September 23rd, I got an email from Google's android team and was advised that they followed up with HTC for me and if i do not hear back in 72 hours that I should call them.

This was after I submitted a complaint to google's online systems.

the saga continues.

Update #3 from September 23rd: I called in at 10:00 PM at night and asked to speak to Daniella Simpson (the supervisor who had promised to call me back) right away.

After speaking to an agent first, when I was transferred to her, she said shes sorry for not calling me back, but she got busy. She said that she had a lot of things to do, and that she was going to call me back today and how I was the first name on her list of things to do. *YEA RIGHT* Its 10 PM and she was thinking of giving me a call back now?

She told me that she emailed her superior Mr. Harris about the whole case, and he emailed the repair center. She said I should hear back today from them for sure.

That was it. I told her about how Google had contacted me and she basically said that she will forward the concerns to Mr. Harris.

and on we go

update sept 25th: so after not hearing back on Friday or today, i decided to call in and figure out if anything new had happened.

when i called i spoke to an agent named Gary, he said no supervisors are available and no managers either. Just out of curiosity i aksed him to check the notes for my account, and he goes, they were updated today last.

they read "device shipped" and had a tracking number. So no one called me back, no info from anyone, no tracking numbers before i had called in, and i don't know what they are shipping back.

talk about irresponsible. we'll i guess ill find out in a few days what happened and ill keep you all updated

follow the facebook group for up to the minute updates and information. I will keep you all updated

Last edited:

xyellx

Jun 17, 2010
hmm i think this is the case where you need your IMEI & S/N number and go to the police ...

MaybachMan

Sep 19, 2010
Damn, that is horrible service. I'd take them to court if I were you, sounds like you've gathered more than enough evidence to do so.

rickytenzer

Sep 10, 2009
****ers. Tell them that you refuse to hang up without an answer. Tell them that the next phone call is to the CC company and the police.

Can't wait to hear how this unfolds...

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
im on the phone with them as we speak. and im speaking to another supervisor.

she tells me that we have no info, and promises me again that someone will call me back as soon as possible.

i advise her that no one has called me back until now, why should i believe you now? she says because she is a different person *BULL*****

so now ive asked to speak to a call center manager and am now on hold waiting to speak to them.

just to advise you guys that in the past, ive also been put on hold to speak to management but everytime they come back after 10-15 minutes and say "oh im sorry, but he/she isnt available, and will call you back" but i dont get anything.

this time shes actually tranferring me, lets see what happens.

i will keep you posted.

MaybachMan

Sep 19, 2010
I just Googled this and it seems like a common problem with the Nexus One customer support. Look here, someone else had a very similar thing happen and one of the replies said "Another one of these. Seems a huge number of phones are going missing." :eek:

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
ok, so i just got off the phone with them.

the supervisor did NOT transfer me to management, but to a higher supervisor; one i had spoken to before (on Friday, the 17th of Sept). She told me upper management would have called me back on Monday, but of course they didnt, and then when i called back on monday another supervisor told me upper management would call me back.

okay, on to today. so i spoke to daniella simpson a higher level supervisor who said that NO ONE from upper management was available to speak to me and that no updates were received. After complaining for about one hour and going over with her about details after details, she basically told me she'd call me back today.

when i told her ill gladly wait on hold all day, she said she cant do that because she is the only supervisor on duty.

will keep u guys posted.

if you can, please show your support by joining the facebook group or relaying the story to anywhere you can. I'm hoping to get media attention to finally get this handled because nothing else is working.

and i know i can file a dispute with my cc company, but that would take even longer.

Last edited:

deprecate

Jan 3, 2009
honolulu
no bueno :( You will reach a point where you have to assess if the time you are spending is worth not just buying a new phone and washing your hands of the entire situation. I know it's the principal and such but everyone's time is worth a certain amount to them...I hope you find recourse before your reach the end of your limit dealing with this.

Sounds like you are going the distance though...best of luck!!

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
sorry you got shuffled.

the energy spent on this endeavor would be much better tossed at anything else. do a charge back on your cc and move on.

(shrug)

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
I bricked one of my Nexus Ones after one click rooting. I tried to flash a theme as a ROM...oops. :) Since I have two Nexus Ones I just decided to send it in to HTC and see what happens rather than get frustrated fixing it myself. I shipped it off and it was back in my hand in six days working great.

Sorry you are having such a difficult time...makes me feel lucky. I have to say I was very happy with HTC service tho. They even emailed me an overnight prepaid shipping label and my Nexus One was shipped off an hour after I called them.

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
no bueno :( You will reach a point where you have to assess if the time you are spending is worth not just buying a new phone and washing your hands of the entire situation. I know it's the principal and such but everyone's time is worth a certain amount to them...I hope you find recourse before your reach the end of your limit dealing with this.

Sounds like you are going the distance though...best of luck!!

i already purchased a samsung galaxy s, and yes ur right it is the principle

had i been working fulltime right now i would not have put this much time into this, but i guess graduating from uni and applying to jobs for a few weeks has its benefits during the down time.

i said the same thing to the high level supervisor, and said had i had a full time job, what would the outcome of this case be?

mind u i paid 676 dollars for this device shipped to my door, and being a student, that kind of money is not easy to come by

rickytenzer

Sep 10, 2009
If it were me, I would keep calling back. Hang up, and call right back. Just keep pissing them off the same way they're pissing you off.

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
If it were me, I would keep calling back. Hang up, and call right back. Just keep pissing them off the same way they're pissing you off.

haha well i cant sink to that level because it gets me nowhere, and it'll be more time consuming on my part than theirs who just have to answer the calls.

im going to try to issue a charge back with my credit card company soon. lets c. i told them id wait until friday

Last edited:

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
I'm still waiting for my replacement. I did my cc "authorization" sat morning.... no email sent for shipping (did get a return label email though). I finally called today, and the lady said she would "email" the warehouse for shipping.... lol.

vvaffles

Apr 3, 2009
Toronto
why not check up on the tracking number to see where your phone is, if the phone is signed and recieved its not your problem what so ever, call up htc, give them the tracking number and tell them to do something about it.

my experience with htc is very good, im quite surprised that they pull this kinda of bs on you.

gl with that

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
why not check up on the tracking number to see where your phone is, if the phone is signed and recieved its not your problem what so ever, call up htc, give them the tracking number and tell them to do something about it.

my experience with htc is very good, im quite surprised that they pull this kinda of bs on you.

gl with that
Mine has never been that great. W/ my Kaiser, HTC wouldn't he'll because it wasn't a US tilt. With my xperia x1a, went back and forth between Sony and HTC(fixed problem myself). Judging by emails, i'm guessing that ht c's websites work is based somewhere out of the united states. My emails have such weird syntax that it reminds me of the commercial that says : this is Peggy!