Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen burn-in??

Tip us?

bryank930
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Screen burn-in??

On my brothers captivate when anything really light is displayed, I noticed that I can still see the numbers from the clock in the notification bar. This shows up on the ATT boot animation screen too.

Anybody else noticing this?

BTW: The AT&T store wouldn't do anything about it, they told him to call samsung and try to get it warrantied. If that doesn't work, he will have to pay $125 for an insurance claim to get a refurb.

a.n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I think I understand what you mean. That's strange. I don't think there's anything you can do about that other than having Samsung look at it. Hopefully it will go away or something and you'll save a few bucks. If he hasn't had it long, Samsung should fix it for him without him having to pay for anything, unless they find that your brother caused it to happen. Just call them and ask about it.

Samsung customer support - 1.800.726.7864

BoostedSR20
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Bringing this thread back because I also have burn in problems and didn't want to make a new thread.

Since I was using the early versions of NoLed, my phone used to sit at night plugged in, and get notifications. In the early version you couldn't time it out, so the phone would sit all night with the "battery fully charged" box in the middle of a black screen. I didn't think OLED screens would have problems, but its burned in.

Is there any thing you can do to work it out? (similar to the programs that can sometimes un-stick a pixel on an LCD monitor)
One+ One - stock/rooted/TWRP
Dell XPS 12
-----
My cars, bikes, phones, and high powered lasers
My photography

SamsungVibrant
Old
(Last edited by SamsungVibrant; 14th December 2010 at 05:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Did you guys in the captivate thread find a resolution to the screen burn in? Or is it sadly permanent?

My notification bar is burnt in on my Vibrant, annoys the heck out of me.

Here is a thread I made in the vibrant forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=799750

bulletproof1013
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
If I have helped you please hit the THANKS button