XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to get Rom.zip from RUU

Tip us?

feefeeboomboom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default How to get Rom.zip from RUU

How do you access the temp folder on the computer when running the ruu? I had alot of trouble unrooting after S-OFF and would like to make an updated way to unroot. Also how do you make a unrooted nandroid?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
DEVICE:
  • Sprint Epic 4G SPH-D700
SOFTWARE:
  • DevoidV0.3

LOL

kyouko
Old
Thanks Meter 250
As for getting the rom.zip from an ruu I've done it both on windows and linux, personally i think its a tad easier on windows. Anyway, I got it by loading up the ruu while at the same time having a folder opened up to c:\users\%usrename%\appdata\temp\

As you open up the ruu and run it, you will see a new temp folder get created in that directory, open the temp folder up and the rom.zip should/will be inside.

making unrooted nandroids? the only way you can make a nandroid is if you are rooted unless there's been something i've never heard of before haha
Greed is for amateurs
The Following User Says Thank You to kyouko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feefeeboomboom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouko View Post
As for getting the rom.zip from an ruu I've done it both on windows and linux, personally i think its a tad easier on windows. Anyway, I got it by loading up the ruu while at the same time having a folder opened up to c:\users\%usrename%\appdata\temp\

As you open up the ruu and run it, you will see a new temp folder get created in that directory, open the temp folder up and the rom.zip should/will be inside.

making unrooted nandroids? the only way you can make a nandroid is if you are rooted unless there's been something i've never heard of before haha
Ty for your reply. I was being tired on the second question lol.

DEVICE:
  • Sprint Epic 4G SPH-D700
SOFTWARE:
  • DevoidV0.3

LOL

ozhound
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefeeboomboom View Post
Ty for your reply. I was being tired on the second question lol.

FYI, for clarification

mine was in

C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Temp\{9DC8B9E2-3D0E-4568-B291-7A2233564775}\{50F2F878-636A-496F-A7CB-544C067E0C4B}

Note that it is in Local, this wasnt specified in the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to ozhound For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]