How to get Rom.zip from RUU

OP feefeeboomboom

23rd September 2010, 04:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 42

532 posts
More
How do you access the temp folder on the computer when running the ruu? I had alot of trouble unrooting after S-OFF and would like to make an updated way to unroot. Also how do you make a unrooted nandroid?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
23rd September 2010, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
IL/WI border
Thanks Meter: 252

1,083 posts
More
As for getting the rom.zip from an ruu I've done it both on windows and linux, personally i think its a tad easier on windows. Anyway, I got it by loading up the ruu while at the same time having a folder opened up to c:\users\%usrename%\appdata\temp\

As you open up the ruu and run it, you will see a new temp folder get created in that directory, open the temp folder up and the rom.zip should/will be inside.

making unrooted nandroids? the only way you can make a nandroid is if you are rooted unless there's been something i've never heard of before haha
The Following User Says Thank You to kyouko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2010, 08:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 42

532 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouko

As for getting the rom.zip from an ruu I've done it both on windows and linux, personally i think its a tad easier on windows. Anyway, I got it by loading up the ruu while at the same time having a folder opened up to c:\users\%usrename%\appdata\temp\

As you open up the ruu and run it, you will see a new temp folder get created in that directory, open the temp folder up and the rom.zip should/will be inside.

making unrooted nandroids? the only way you can make a nandroid is if you are rooted unless there's been something i've never heard of before haha

Ty for your reply. I was being tired on the second question lol.

25th January 2013, 06:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Clarification
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefeeboomboom

Ty for your reply. I was being tired on the second question lol.

FYI, for clarification

mine was in

C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Temp\{9DC8B9E2-3D0E-4568-B291-7A2233564775}\{50F2F878-636A-496F-A7CB-544C067E0C4B}

Note that it is in Local, this wasnt specified in the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to ozhound For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread