It is an updated version of Odin3, version 1.30.
All the existing ROM's that I see packaged here that require Odin to flash are bundling Odin3 v1.00, and it seems people have tons of problems with that version. I myself have v1.00 stall/hang more often than it works when flashing.
I figured it'd be a good idea to have a Dev thread on this for several reasons.
1). For people to post feedback on it relative to Odin3 v1.00
2). To find out precisely where this came from, and whether or not it's the most current version.
Odin3 v1.30 works insanely better for me as it hasn't once hung on a flash for me......(yet), though given the differences we all experience in Windows versions (XP, 2003, Vista, 7, x86, x64, etc..) and differences in USB chipset hardware I figure it'd be a good thing to have some feedback and discussion about it's relative merits or lack thereof.
(i.e. Just because *I* think it's way better doesn't necessarily mean that it is)
I do know one thing for certain. If we can all discover a safer way to flash we'll all significantly reduce our chance of bricking our lovely phones.
(note: I figured it'd be a good idea to cross-post this here as it's gotten a bit buried over in Themes and Apps, and Odin3 is a Dev tool of sorts...)