Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] TV Show Favs, Help us beta test it!

Tip us?

m_kranzler11
Old
(Last edited by orb3000; 26th August 2011 at 02:21 AM.) Reason: Edited long title and added tag
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default [App] TV Show Favs, Help us beta test it!

Hi guys, an app I've been working on for the better part of 6 months has been released into the market as a free beta. It's called TV Show Favs and lets you manage all of your favorite TV shows.

It shows you a personal schedule for all upcoming shows of your favorites, has a top favs for all users, allows you to track every episode you have watched, and it even has a custom notification manager where you can either choose to be notified for all your shows, or just the shows you want, or even at an episode level. You can choose to be notified at a default time (5 min up to a week), or select an individual episode and choose the exact time/date. Also, everything is stored online, so you never lose any of your data, and once we eventually have a website to manage online, and potentially an iphone app, your info goes with!

In less than 3 days we have had over 1000 downloads already. I am working my butt off to fix any bugs that are reported and implement any feature suggestions. Any feedback is great! Thanks!

Here is our website - www.tvshowfavs.com - which has some info about the app as well as some screenshots, and the link to the app in the market. If you are too lazy to go to the site, here is the market link: http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.tvshowfavs

Here are some screen shots:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m_kranzler11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Masterface7
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Hi, I just downloaded your app and it looks great. I cant wait to try it out.
Do you have any plans to make a widget showing upcoming shows.
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: The one with Android 4.x

thesecondsfade
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 108
I love this program. You should incorporate reviews and user ratings from IMDB or something... and the ability to write reviews directly in your app and post to IMDB (if possible). Also, if you could mark all shows on all seasons watched at once instead of tapping seasons/season 1/menu/mark all watched... meaning eliminate one middle step... seasons/menu/mark all watched, that'd be sweet too.
TMOUS HTC HD7 - WP7.8 Deepshining v7.8 'NokiaLove'

My Android App:
SmartGas Free - The SMARTEST way to find the cheapest gas.

E_man5112
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Awesome. Just downloaded, will post impressions soon. I really liked droid series, but no notifications hurt.
Have: Nexus 4, Transformer+Dock, iPod Touch, Nexus 7
Had: Tab 10.1, Focus, Touchpad, iPad 1, Focus S, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Captivate
Want: Nexus 10

E_man5112
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quick impressions:

Interface is amazing for finding and searching shows
It looks like it will be invaluable for keeping on top of things (most of my shows happen to start this week, so I get lost!)

In fact, the only problem I have with this app, is it doesn't look like it will be that good at keeping up with old series your going through. To fix that, I'd like to see
  • In the page, with the show, under seasons tab, there is a list of all seasons. Under the season number, I'd like to see "x unwatched episodes"
  • I'd like to be able to mark the entire season as watched
  • An option to mark multiple seasons watched at once

Droid Series does these things excellently, if you want a good example. However, yours is far better at keeping up with current shows. Fix the above problems, and I would for sure be a buyer. Otherwise, I'll still be stuck with two programs for TV.
Have: Nexus 4, Transformer+Dock, iPod Touch, Nexus 7
Had: Tab 10.1, Focus, Touchpad, iPad 1, Focus S, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Captivate
Want: Nexus 10

johnjohn25
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Its a good app, and i saw that you added calender integration? I'm not sure how to sync it with my calender though. Is this actually a feature or something coming soon?

m_kranzler11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
I definitely plan on having an upcoming shows widget down the road.

m_kranzler11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesecondsfade View Post
I love this program. You should incorporate reviews and user ratings from IMDB or something... and the ability to write reviews directly in your app and post to IMDB (if possible). Also, if you could mark all shows on all seasons watched at once instead of tapping seasons/season 1/menu/mark all watched... meaning eliminate one middle step... seasons/menu/mark all watched, that'd be sweet too.
We do have plans on doing user reviews and ratings within the app. We also plan on having relational suggestions, as well as comments for shows and episodes. These are things that will likely make the main release, possibly the beta. Also, in the next update (Sunday or Monday), we will have the option to set a show as watched and a season as watched. As for IMDB, this is a great idea and I will look into it.

m_kranzler11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man5112 View Post
Awesome. Just downloaded, will post impressions soon. I really liked droid series, but no notifications hurt.
What exactly do you mean by no notifications? There are notifications in the app, in fact the most customizable notifications of any app I can imagine.

m_kranzler11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man5112 View Post
Quick impressions:

Interface is amazing for finding and searching shows
It looks like it will be invaluable for keeping on top of things (most of my shows happen to start this week, so I get lost!)

In fact, the only problem I have with this app, is it doesn't look like it will be that good at keeping up with old series your going through. To fix that, I'd like to see
  • In the page, with the show, under seasons tab, there is a list of all seasons. Under the season number, I'd like to see "x unwatched episodes"
  • I'd like to be able to mark the entire season as watched
  • An option to mark multiple seasons watched at once

Droid Series does these things excellently, if you want a good example. However, yours is far better at keeping up with current shows. Fix the above problems, and I would for sure be a buyer. Otherwise, I'll still be stuck with two programs for TV.
Thanks for the suggestions! Like I mentioned, we do plan on the option to mark shows/seasons as watched. I do like the idea for showing how many unwatched episodes though, so I will add that to my todo list!

Tags
faves, show, tv show, tv show favs