Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

DI01 update with root and busybox / DI01 baseband update

23rd September 2010, 06:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,135

1,085 posts
Donate to Me
Please find below an update.zip containing a stock DI01 system with root and busybox. Stick it somewhere on your sdcard and flash with clockwork recovery. Now you can bring your phone back to stock without having to use Odin.

The system update will NOT flash your radio. I've replaced the radio attachment, it should work now.

This update does not remove any bloatware. It should leave you at a complete stock DI01 system with root and busybox. It will completely reformat /system, so it will work regardless of changes you may have made to your phone.

I've also attached a few apps built from aosp with a few mods. Included are the DeskClock, Gallery3D, Mms and Music apps. They will REPLACE your existing versions so back sure you have a backup in case blah blah.. The Music app is forked from Eliot Stocker's music mod (CM), and the Gallery3D app is forked from code aurora forum. DeskClock and Mms apps are forked from aosp with a few slight mods (black background in mms,etc).

DO NOT put this on your sdcard as /sdcard/update.zip. That's where clockworkmod lives.

stock DI01 system update
Attached Files
File Type: zip aosp-apps.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.80 MB, 470 views)
File Type: zip modem_update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (166.7 KB, 608 views)
Last edited by jt1134; 28th September 2010 at 06:49 AM.
23rd September 2010, 06:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

162 posts
Thanks man working on flashing it now!
23rd September 2010, 07:32 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Flagstaff
Thanks Meter: 25

392 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1134

Attached is an update.zip that will take you from a stock DH12 to DI01 with root and busybox. Stick it somewhere on your sdcard and flash with clockwork recovery.

This meant to be flashed on a completely stock system. If you have trouble with missing apps or signatures, then flash back to stock using the odin file here.

This update will NOT flash your radio. If you applied the previous fix I posted that included the radio update, you will need to put a stock DH12 build.prop back into /system or the attached update will FAIL.

This update does not remove any bloatware. It should leave you at a complete stock DI01 system with root and busybox.

EDIT: also attached is the radio update for those who may need it.

I've also attached a few apps built from aosp with a few mods. Included are the DeskClock, Gallery3D, Mms and Music apps. They will REPLACE your existing versions so back sure you have a backup in case blah blah.. The Music app is forked from Eliot Stocker's music mod (CM), and the Gallery3D app is forked from code aurora forum. DeskClock and Mms apps are forked from aosp with a few slight mods (black background in mms,etc).

DO NOT put this on your sdcard as /sdcard/update.zip. That's where clockworkmod lives.

Attachment 406347

Attachment 406349

Attachment 406355

i think the radio update you attached has something wrong with it.
23rd September 2010, 12:07 PM   |  #4  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 21

313 posts
so where do we save it? also is this zip already rooted? or will I lose root access?
23rd September 2010, 12:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poulosjr

so where do we save it? also is this zip already rooted? or will I lose root access?

Doesn't matter, just use the "choose zip file" option in CWM recovery. Original post says it has root and busy box so I'm sure you're safe.
23rd September 2010, 12:55 PM   |  #6  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 21

313 posts
I'm having errors trying to get clockworkrecovery to work
23rd September 2010, 01:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 39

259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poulosjr

I'm having errors trying to get clockworkrecovery to work

Did you have it working before? Like were you able to make and restore backups?
23rd September 2010, 02:40 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
mine just gets stuck after it reboots into recovery and says it's installing the update but then nothing happens.
23rd September 2010, 03:48 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

338 posts
ok installed the stripped update from other post while i was rooted,no lag,clockwork,bloat removed

come over here and all i did was restored the /system only and ran the rest of the update from here in rom manager with no problems kept all data from apps n what not since all i did was reflash the /system all i gotta do is remove the bloat again tysm for all the work
23rd September 2010, 04:01 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlp1213

ok installed the stripped update from other post while i was rooted,no lag,clockwork,bloat removed

come over here and all i did was restored the /system only and ran the rest of the update from here in rom manager with no problems kept all data from apps n what not since all i did was reflash the /system all i gotta do is remove the bloat again tysm for all the work

Seems like flashing /system might be a good idea for anyone unsure of the status of their renames/deletes regarding the bloatware; after that, seems like it'd be easier to hit the OTA without any worries.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread