Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Arabic support for Froyo (vanilla and sense) now available

OP ilangoadigal

23rd September 2010, 12:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107

275 posts
Reposting this from the Incredible forum because I know quite a few people want it-

This was not written by me. It was written by Ayman al-Sanad, username UAE (I believe), who has been working for some time to create workable libraries for so Android devices can properly display Arabic. Oddly there was no thread posted here that I can find so I'm going to go ahead and post it, since I know this is a much-desired feature for many people and at least some people will find it over Google or the like.

As Google has yet to add native support for Right-To-Left languages like Arabic, Persian and Urdu (despite it being the top feature request) Ayman stepped in and created libraries for our usage.

The downloads page is available here: http://ardoid.com/?page_id=5. I'm assuming the libraries will work with any Froyo install. Put the relevant library zip on your SD card, flash it. Reboot will take some time on a black screen.

Big thanks to Ayman for his great work.

Last edited by ilangoadigal; 23rd September 2010 at 01:00 PM.
24th September 2010, 04:00 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Newington CT
Thanks Meter: 565

955 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the info. I wondered how to do this and now I know.
24th September 2010, 11:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 109

1,462 posts
Please how can i add arabic language to my Spica 2.1 ????? I really need it.
Thank you for your response .
8th October 2010, 05:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
its working everywhere, email, web, contacts but not working with sms, my text messages will not show arabic also if I type a text message in arabic that would show but if i get a reply in arabic the reply won show arabic text, anyone know how to get it fixed or is not possible yet
8th October 2010, 05:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107

275 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldust

its working everywhere, email, web, contacts but not working with sms, my text messages will not show arabic also if I type a text message in arabic that would show but if i get a reply in arabic the reply won show arabic text, anyone know how to get it fixed or is not possible yet

What phone/ROM are you using?
8th October 2010, 09:17 PM   |  #6  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 4

81 posts
More
unfortunately none of the downloads worked for me... hope there 'll be another copy coming out soon.

am currently using biffmode 2.0.1 rom

thanks
12th October 2010, 01:41 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 43

491 posts
More
Question
can some one please tell me commands i don't have custom recovery i can't flash the zip but ayman the dev says i can do it via terminal but i dont know how please help
12th October 2010, 06:01 PM   |  #8  
Flag Algeria

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Red face
Thank you
13th October 2010, 02:17 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 43

491 posts
More
so nobody knows?
5th November 2010, 11:17 AM   |  #10  

13 posts
does anyone here know how to flash this using terminal or ADB, my device is TMobile HD2 with Andoid running from SD and i dont know how to start it in recovery mode.

please help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread