FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Arabic support for Froyo (vanilla and sense) now available

275 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

By ilangoadigal, Senior Member on 23rd September 2010, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Reposting this from the Incredible forum because I know quite a few people want it-

This was not written by me. It was written by Ayman al-Sanad, username UAE (I believe), who has been working for some time to create workable libraries for so Android devices can properly display Arabic. Oddly there was no thread posted here that I can find so I'm going to go ahead and post it, since I know this is a much-desired feature for many people and at least some people will find it over Google or the like.

As Google has yet to add native support for Right-To-Left languages like Arabic, Persian and Urdu (despite it being the top feature request) Ayman stepped in and created libraries for our usage.

The downloads page is available here: http://ardoid.com/?page_id=5. I'm assuming the libraries will work with any Froyo install. Put the relevant library zip on your SD card, flash it. Reboot will take some time on a black screen.

Big thanks to Ayman for his great work.

Last edited by ilangoadigal; 23rd September 2010 at 01:00 PM.

24th September 2010, 04:00 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag AGAWAM, MA
Thanks Meter: 588

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the info. I wondered how to do this and now I know.
24th September 2010, 11:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Please how can i add arabic language to my Spica 2.1 ????? I really need it.
Thank you for your response .
8th October 2010, 05:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
its working everywhere, email, web, contacts but not working with sms, my text messages will not show arabic also if I type a text message in arabic that would show but if i get a reply in arabic the reply won show arabic text, anyone know how to get it fixed or is not possible yet
8th October 2010, 05:05 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldust

its working everywhere, email, web, contacts but not working with sms, my text messages will not show arabic also if I type a text message in arabic that would show but if i get a reply in arabic the reply won show arabic text, anyone know how to get it fixed or is not possible yet

What phone/ROM are you using?
8th October 2010, 09:17 PM |#6  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 4

More
unfortunately none of the downloads worked for me... hope there 'll be another copy coming out soon.

am currently using biffmode 2.0.1 rom

thanks
12th October 2010, 01:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Question
can some one please tell me commands i don't have custom recovery i can't flash the zip but ayman the dev says i can do it via terminal but i dont know how please help
12th October 2010, 06:01 PM |#8  
Flag Algeria

Donate to Me
More
Red face
Thank you
13th October 2010, 02:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
so nobody knows?
5th November 2010, 11:17 AM |#10  

More
does anyone here know how to flash this using terminal or ADB, my device is TMobile HD2 with Andoid running from SD and i dont know how to start it in recovery mode.

please help
23rd November 2010, 04:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Could you please help me on finding the suitable way for installing the Arabic support for Acer Liquid with Froyo 2.2?

I would appreciate this please..

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread