Evoreviews :: Updated 3/16/11 sz.2.0 results

OP skydeaner

23rd September 2010, 06:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag champaign
Thanks Meter: 130

846 posts
More
9 clicks out of 10000 people again, please help me out more or I'm not gonna spend the time doing this. PLEASE SUPPORT THE ADS ON MY SITE... I must not tell you to click on them per TOS, but if you see something that interests you....

Lots of good info on my webpage, I will no longer be using the name I used before because I will be putting up a large app review section, as well as choosing the top dawg roms and reviewing them.

UPDATES (newest in red)::

:::::::::::::::::UPDATE 3/17:::::::::::::
Ziggy 471 kernels added. Perform damn well for HTC based kerns. Very excited!

:::::::::::::UPDATE 3/16:::::::::SavagedZen 2.1's:::::::
ok, this new kernel rocks. SZ .2.0 Is up on my website for download and for voting and it's on the graphs. Amazing results to say the least. Most significant battery changes in a long long time. Closest to 42 on linpack ever. They just released a .2.1cfs so I assume they forgot something in the .2.0's. Usually that is what happens when they release a .x.1 right after a .x.0 So I will update the downloads accordingly. But I know that the .2.0s perform bugfree for my everyday use. Maybe it was just the SZ governor they forgot to merge again or whatever, I dunno, I'll look into it. Enjoy the results.

I am absolutely not allowed to tell you to click on my ads. But do what you think is right. and try to do it every time you visit the page lol.

!!DON'T FORGET TO VOTE WHILE YOUR ON THERE SINCE YOU'RE GONNA BE THERE ANYWAYS.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP FINDING THESE KERNELS AS THEY DROP!!

VOTEVOTEVOTE Click here to vote on your favorite rom. Post in this thread if you want to see other roms reviewed and voteable!!! VOTEVOTEVOTE
Last edited by skydeaner; 23rd March 2011 at 04:56 AM. Reason: update
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to skydeaner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2010, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

442 posts
Wow, great work, that's a lot of info in there.

Are you planning to test some of the non-sense kernels? I saw somone post a quadrant score over 1700 with the MiUI test rom, would be interesting to see some of the AOSP results.
23rd September 2010, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

521 posts
awesome work man... its gonna be great to see everything side by side like that

one question tho: no love for the AOSP kernels?

edit: apparently I have been beaten to the punch
23rd September 2010, 06:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ormond Beach, Fl
Thanks Meter: 2

181 posts
More
looks like King's # 6 is the best all around...

from what i saw....i could be wrong
23rd September 2010, 06:55 PM   |  #5  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 10

617 posts
More
yeah, AOSP kernels would be great to see data for compared to all of these 'almost the samey' kernels.
23rd September 2010, 07:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag champaign
Thanks Meter: 130

846 posts
More
and I'm back from work lol!

Yeah aosp kernels I am going to do add in next. I just tested snap with turbo, and LOL omfg 2500 in quad is insane.
Linpacks didn't go up though, so it must not have been dalvik vm optimizations. I wonder what turbo really is.... hrmm

And yeah, on sense roms i use kings 6bfs as my daily driver. Error free, smooth as silk, and lightning fast, all with amazing battery life.. Kings 7bfs and 8cfs had some really weird problems and I wont touch it. It was jerky as hell, didn't score well. I tried several wipes/reflashes/redownloads, etc. without resolving it.
Last edited by skydeaner; 23rd September 2010 at 07:15 PM.
23rd September 2010, 07:36 PM   |  #7  
Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 82

1,093 posts
very nice!! thanks for the contribution!

ive been doing the same thing charting rom (with and without custom kernels) development progress from 2.1 stock all the way till now with fresh and netarchy.
Its just fun to see how fast the phone has gotten through the months since release.
Dunno if and when i'll get the time to illustrate the data, but its been my little side quest too!!

cheers homie.
23rd September 2010, 08:03 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 319

2,314 posts
More
Can't wait for the AOSP kernel results! nice work!
23rd September 2010, 08:06 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 23

299 posts
Great work. However, if I may offer a suggestion, please add the stock kernels so we have an idea as to how they compare?
23rd September 2010, 08:37 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I too would love to see a comparison to stock. I haven't made the jump to a new kernel yet, but I want to soon and this thread is great for helping me pick which one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
evo, kernel, review, test
Previous Thread Next Thread