5,597,937 Members 38,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safe HTC apps to remove

Tip us?

CrimzonEyed
Old
(Last edited by CrimzonEyed; 24th September 2010 at 12:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default [Q] Safe HTC apps to remove

Is there a list of apps that are safe to remove from the HTC wildfire? Like footprint, peep and other **** like that.

EDIT: by the way tryed to with Root explorer to change bootanimation in the system folder but i can't get it to R/W, even tryed
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw /system

ryandi7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I know when I removed HTC Peep, I can't go to Account & Sync in Settings, it always FCs. You need to have the AUFS overlay kernel in order to mount system to R/W while not in recovery mode. And if you haven't known this already, the bootanimation.zip that you need to replace is located in system/customize/resources. Have fun =)

CrimzonEyed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandi7 View Post
I know when I removed HTC Peep, I can't go to Account & Sync in Settings, it always FCs. You need to have the AUFS overlay kernel in order to mount system to R/W while not in recovery mode. And if you haven't known this already, the bootanimation.zip that you need to replace is located in system/customize/resources. Have fun =)
I have AUFS overlay kernel allready and it still didn't work to get R/W on system folder.
And I'm using Titanium Backup to unsintall stock apps. However, i wan't to know if it is safe to remove certain apps. for example from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581976
I dont know if its safe to remove those apps only because it was safe on the Hero.

ryandi7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah I just tried, AUFS overlay kernel doesn't let me write files too.

Have you gotten adb working?

CloseToEureka
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you managed to delete some safely? I'm planning to do this too but quite dubious of which ones to remove. Basically I wanted to get rid of bloatware like peep, friendstream, g-talk etc

Izzysoft
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Though the questions are a bit older here, I still see no answer. Did you figure out something?

I use Titanium Backup as well, but I didn't yet dare to really delete any of the stock apps. However, I tried freezing some (one by one), and it looks safe for the following apps so far:
  • MobileTV (came with the T-mobile branding)
  • TopApps (came with the T-mobile branding)
  • Peep
  • Stocks
  • Stocks Widget (obviously belongs to the Stocks app)
  • Facebook for HTC Sense
  • Friend Stream
  • Friend Stream Widget
  • Twitter Widget
  • Flickr

Froze them about 2 months ago, looks fine so far. Ah, besides: I'm still running Eclair (Android 2.1), so I cannot tell for sure if this applies to Froyo (2.2) as well.

Did anyone figure out some more meanwhile?

topjor
Old
Thanks Meter 33
sorry but i want a list of system apps that are safe to delete to