Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stock 3.30.651.2 PC36IMG.ZIP Format

OP weidnerj

24th September 2010, 04:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

297 posts
Phone: HTC Evo
Requirement: NAND unlock S-OFF (this allows for unsigned ROM)
Format: PC36IMG.ZIP
Radio: 9.01
hboot: 2.02.0000
recovery: clockworkMod 2.5.0.1
WIMAX: 26023
PRI Version: 1.77_003
Wipes all user data: YES
Rooted: Yes
Link: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...36IMG-zip.html

How to install: Download the file from the link above and and rename it from [Megafileupload]PC36IMG.zip to PC36IMG.zip. Place the file "PC36IMG.ZIP" file on the root of the SD-CARD. Power down the phone. Power up the phone while holding down the volume down button. The phone will prompt you to install a new rom, follow the prompts and reboot after flashing.

Purpose:
To create a current base rom to flash other roms without starting at the 1.47 PC36IMG.zip version.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to your phone! Please do a nano backup prior to using this rom. This definately is a test rom, worked perfectly for myself, but not tested by anyone else. If you have any problems, boot into recovery and restore your nano backup.

Acknowledgments:
All the developers that have shared their hard work on XDA!

Note: You can unzip the file, remove the modules like ClockWorksMod or hboot then rezip the file as PC36IMG.zip to prevent those portions from being installed if you prefer.
Last edited by weidnerj; 28th October 2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Updated to 3.30.651.2
24th September 2010, 05:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I was just about to request this. Thanks!
24th September 2010, 05:18 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sugar Creek
Thanks Meter: 145

488 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just to Clarify: (not that your directions weren't clear, just want to make sure there are no hiccups for anyone.)

The phone will scan for and find the image.
It will take a little while to load. Should have a blue status bar to the right.
Do you want to start update? Volume Up: Yes
Once it is finished: Do you want to reboot device? Volume Up: Yes
24th September 2010, 05:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

297 posts
uberlemur let me know how it works for you. Like I said I only tested it on my phone. But I am confident that it will work, or I wouldn't have tried it on my own phone.

Karadorde, thanks for the more detailed instructions.
24th September 2010, 05:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sugar Creek
Thanks Meter: 145

488 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidnerj

uberlemur let me know how it works for you. Like I said I only tested it on my phone. But I am confident that it will work, or I wouldn't have tried it on my own phone.

Karadorde, thanks for the more detailed instructions.

Yours were fine and it is pretty self explanatory, but I know doing things through HBoot can sometimes be daunting for those who have never tried it.
24th September 2010, 06:08 AM   |  #6  

35 posts
Just wanted to clarify if flashing this IMG with the .79 hboot will re lock Nand protection. I've used Toasts part 1&2 and yet skeptical about using unrevoked forever.
24th September 2010, 06:09 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 67

1,929 posts
good stuff man!
24th September 2010, 06:24 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

297 posts
Here is a picture of my Evo screen. I had used unrevoked forever prior to flashing the rom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01954.jpg
Views:	2365
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	406929  
24th September 2010, 06:38 AM   |  #9  

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidnerj

Here is a picture of my Evo screen. I had used unrevoked forever prior to flashing the rom.

The reason why I asked is that when rooting a new EVO,the radio, pri and wimax partitions get downgraded(using the traditional root method). With this, you can revert to the most current partitions all in a single flash including the Rom base instead of multiple flashes correct ??
24th September 2010, 06:45 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

297 posts
You are correct, as long as you have ran the unrevoked forever to turn off the NAND unlock S-OFF prior to installing this ROM so that you can flash unsigned ROMs. This ROM has root built into it, so it would be just one step process to flash with this rom to have the latest of everything yet still have root.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3.29.651.5, pc36img.zip
Previous Thread Next Thread