NEW VERSION 2.30 of 26-June-2011 (+ CHTSLoco 1.10) - final versions
(changelogs see below & CHTSLoco-Thread)
Please consider: CHTS & Loco are in ONE .cab!
CHTS extends your CHT & Sense with much features. You can choose, which of this features you want to use and which not. Therefore some users called it as "Swiss Knife" for CHT.
CHT v2 -> CHT 2 - Thread
Before we start wie the details: Big Thanx to all people who helped for this Release - especially to our CHTS-Beta-Team!!!. Please look into "About"-Box for the Thank-You's and what they've done. We spent much night to make CHTS & CHTSLoco, that you get them in this advanced state, as they are.
Please consider: CHTS is provided as it is. It is tested by CHTS-Beta-Team, but that were not much people and it can't cover all kind of devices, ROMs, Sense-Version,additional Apps - so please help to improve CHTS because of your Feedbacks.
You get much more new Quicklinks for CHT, you can use a scheduled Wallpaper-Switcher, you can save your Sense-/CHT-Layout, you can profile your Device manually, by time of day or by your current location.
Just look below in this Post for the sections, which will tell you more about the main features. There are so many sub-features, that this can't be explained in a thread. Please consult for the start at best the -> QUICK Manual for CHTS <-
Also big Thanx to ebhoelzner for his great Sense SDK
Integrated Languages (sometimes not all translated) : English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Chinese, Slovak, Russian (thx to yaMoPkoBka for that!)
The other languages are to find in Post #3
Changelog 2.30 (and Loco 1.10) :
- Run Modes for a "light CHTS" You can define a Run Mode, which allows you, that you can use CHTS only for the things you personally need and the unused features will be invisible.
Light: Only Day&Night or manually mode, Wallpaper scheduling and simple Data switches
Average: Light + named Sub-profiles + Location event handling + Backlight-Settings
Advanced: Average + All Profiles + Layout switching with profile + ring modes + Execute/Kill Apps
Full: All Features (like former)
User defined: Define the single features for your personally needs
- Icon-Saving You can save/restore different icon-themes for your Layout or simply change them on-the-fly. So if you like Glass Icons in your Sparetime and solid icons at work... no problem. Thanx to osidacz for investigations
- CHT(E)-Saving You can save/restore only the settings, which are mostly the settings of CHTEditor, bit also the most important settings of CHT. Easy & Fast.
- Theme-Saving! Thanx to osiedacz & BHS Interceptor for this outstanding work to create the necessary new xml-files for that! Now there are more than 1000 files are saved, but quite fast restored. Use Theme saving, if you want to change between themes. Otherwise "Standard" is enough for your CHT Hometab.
- Profile copying You can copy each profile over another profile. So you can define one or more "Master Profiles" with much changes and can copy it to another profile for a quick&easy-configuration (you find it in General settings)
- Much more options for Audio-Switches:
-- mp3-files allowed now
-- restrict file list to maximum amount of items (20,50,100, unlimitted) for memory-weaker devices
-- restrict file lists to one or some of: .wav, .wma, .mp3
-- extended check if file really exists, also after deleting some things
- Automatic Audio mode You can not only use Silent, Normal, Vibrate - now also "Automatic", which silents device while entry in calendar. If this doesn't work, you can try MortScripts to toggle settings
- LocoReminder improved! You can add Reminders according to the Location.
It is quick accessible also by Quicklink.
... I think it's easy to understand... you will see
- EMail-Synchronisation by Profile Change improved.
- Improved Options for Wallpapers: . More Sizes and so on
- New Quicklinks: Save Layout, Restore Layout, Loco Reminder. For the full list of all Quicklinks look to Post #3: -->to List of all Quicklinks & Toggles<--
- Improved CHTS Layout-Logging - all files, which are not copied are logged together with the reason, why. Settings in Misc of Main Settings underneath usual CHTS-Logging. Also added Button to delete this Loggs older than 1 day. Logg-Files for Profile Switch are to find in <storage card>\_CHTScheduler\Logging\CHTS_RestoreSense
Fixed all known Bugs (e.g. in Location events) - thanx for the feedbacks and thanx to the great Beta-Group-Members!
- much more fixes and internal improvements. Too much to list all the single things.
Post #2: Configuration Hints & FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Post #3: Additional things: Quicklinks-List+Languages+Manuals
Post #4: Graphical AddOn's - CHTS-Icon-Sets
Post #5: Weather Wallpapers 9-/44pics
Post #6: For WIDGET-/Theme-Creators & ROM-Cooks (with Whitepaper)
Post #7: some Screenshots
Post #8: former Changelogs
So let's start with the main parts of CHTS:
You can save your current Layout or your whole Sense.
Baseline: This is the smallest thing - it simply saves the Sense-files of your ROM like a "Layout standard", but without Quicklinks
Layout standard: All items of your HomeTab, so also Widgets, Clocks, Quicklinks, Freelinks, Positions of all of them, configuration,...
Layout extended: All of Layout standard but also much more things of the other tabs, if the Skinner also has added an appropriate configuration-definition (as .xml-file). By Default e.g. the Weather-Animation-Icons are saved in extended
Sense-Saving: All of above, but also all Manila-Files! Therefore, that this is very big, it will be zipped on the fly by CHTS. So Saving doesn't needs much time. Restoring needs a bit more time, because CHTS has to compare each file, if this is already in ROM and has to intelligent restore the correct files. This is often called "Lifesaver" by the CHTS-Users.
Thanx to BHS Interceptor, who made fantastic xml-files, so that each Hometab, Widget, Links are saved in "standard" and also much improvements in Theme-Saving.
And sure: If you can save a Layout... you can switch it with each Profile... Just look to the next main point
Important Notes & Hints:
- After Flashing a new ROM, please make at least a new Baseline. CHTS will name this Baseline according to the name of your ROM
- Recommended also: Saving the whole Sense sometimes. So if something is messed up, then you can get mostly your Sense back = "Lifesaver". This can be the last chance of you before you have to do a Hard-Reset
- Before you add a new Skin or new Widget: Save you Layout (extended) - if something is wrong with the new Skin or Widget... you can easily fall back to the state before.
- With CHTSwitchGui you have access to all saved Baselines, Layouts, Themes and Full-Saved-Sense
- In "Beta-Mode" you can also save Themes, but this will be explained later.
Compare with Layout saving: Each Layout cann be assigned to a profile and switched automatically with it. So you get the appropriate Layout according time or your current location. If you prefer manually - simply switch the Layout together with the Profile by Quicklink.
Important Notes & Hints:
- Please be careful especially if you switch Layouts by Location - not that Loco changes Location very often, because you haven't recorded all cells.
- Check, if Layout switching is working also while locked on your device. If not, set "Switch while locked" to off or activate at least "Switch while locked, but no Layout" in CHTS-Settings
much CHT-Quicklinks, which gives you the opportunity to directly set or control your Sense-/CHT-/CHTS-Settings.
So if you e.g. don't want, that your Device connects via GPRS, then simply activate the NoData-Switch. Or if you need Wifi-On-Standby, then you have a toggle for it. 3G-Only? No problem - use the Quicklink.
Also you can control the current states of your device by a short look to the state of the appropriate Quicklink.
Important Notes & Hints:
- the Links are a seperate .cab, which is also attached to this post. Please look into Installation-Hints in this Post.
- Some Toggles/Quicklinks needs an additional App, which is also linked inside the Installation-Hints.
The Wallpaper-Changer was heavily extended against the previous version (see Changelog below). The Wallpaper-Scheduler is simple to configure and you can also make different settings for each Profile.
So as example: If you are at home or somewhere, then you can adjust Wallpaper-Scheduler to a low timeout, e.g. 10 minutes, if you are at work you can switch it to e.g. each 4 hours and at night you can switch it off. Therefore that all Porfiles can be manually or by time or by your current Location triggered - you can easy define, which Wallpaper-Scheduling you want.
But nevertheless: If you don't use any Profile-Switching, the Wallpaper-Changer reacts intelligent and battery-friendly. There is an interface together with CHT, which detects user-activity... and if you are inactive and your device is anyway not in use, the Wallpaper-Changer will wait, until you use it again.
You can define different directories for each part of Wallpapers, also you can choose, if the files shall be choosed randomly or alphabetically or by windows-sort (this is device-dependent: sometimes alphabetically, sometimes by date).
You can define filters, e.g. if you choose "grandma*.jpg" for AllTabs, then you should always see different Walls of your Grandma e.g. in your SMS-Tab (or the Grandmaster )
And also a nice feature: Wallpapers according to your Weather. Appropriate 9-/44-weather-wallpaper-packs are to find easily at xda-devs and some are also to find in the follwing Posts here in Thread.
Important Notes & Hints:
- Please make asure, that you defined in CHTS also the Default Wallpaper Directories, that your Quicklinks will work in each Profile, where you haven't defined a special directory for this profile
- Look for the size and dimension of the wallpaper-files. So if you use a directory for e.g. wide-walls, then they should be at best 960x800. Also the filesize should be according to the hints, which can be read in CHT-Thread for the Wallpapers
You can set many things for your different purposes. There you also don't need profiling in any way.
Just define Settings for one Profile (recommended "SaveMyDay" and let it run 24/7 in manually mode)
Just a list of the main (not all! there are more!) Key Feautures of a single Profile:
- Sense scheduling for each profile
-- update times for Weather, Stocks, QuickGPS,...
-- update times for new state Quicklinks of CHT
-- Proximity and more
- Data Scheduling
-- switch on/off/let-it-like-it-is for BT (visible & hidden), Wifi, GPRS, 2G/3G, Radio, Network, Flightmode, Phone
-- Special "Network" switch: Turn off your phone like in Flightmode, but no need for a PIN!!!
-- No Data! So you can diable GPRS for all apps inside a profile
-- Roaming detection and define actions for it, e.g. asking, switching Network on/off, No Data
-- Idle Timeout configurable on your needs in a profile
-- special useful features, e.g. like switching off GPRS, if you activate Wifi manually
- Backlight&Power Scheduling
-- Set Backlight for each profile different. This saves much Energy!
-- Set timeouts, when display shall go off
-- Set timeouts, when device shall be suspended
- Assigning Layouts to different profiles!
-- switch them to whatever profile which suits to your current wishes. At work you need Tasks and other quicklinks in front? no problem. In spare time your music player and a totally different outfit? it needs 10 seconds to change it
-- Combine it with all the other key features
- System Scheduling
-- Define Sound profile - normal, vibrate, muted (as expected)
-- independent setable System and Phone volume
-- adjusting InCall-Volume suitable to your needs in a profile
-- adjust Sound-file for Ringtone, Reminder, SMS, Email, Voicemail.
-- adjust popups for reminder & notification popup (no popup, vibrate, sound,...)
-- special settings, e.g. phone volume down if pickup, louder ring in pocket...
- Executing up to 3 apps
-- new Scripts by RoryB: MortScripts to toggle settings
-- easy to configure
-- computing .exe out of a .lnk to faster settings
-- executed after Sense Restart, if you changed the Layout in this profile.
-- also you are able to kill each executeable by defining it here.
- Configure 3rd-party-apps
-- Email-Scheduling for each Account, you have configured
-- service WMLongLife activation/deactivation
-- service MachCell / GPSMod activation/deactivation
-- Windows Live Synchronisation
-- ...more to come
Important Notes & Hints:
- Please have a look, that the settings doesn't interfere with any other 3rd-party-Apps.
To close the circle: All things above can be assigned to different Profiles. Profiles can be switched manually (by Quicklink), timed (different for each day) or by Location (together with CHTSLoco).
So if you need vibrating Ring at Work, WiFi at home, Bluetooth somewhere,... and so on - simply configure it. In CHTS-Settings (and CHTSLoco-Settings) you can configure it according to your purposes. The most things are self-explaining - for further things, just consult the Quick-Manual or the whole Manual (which will be updated for the new features somewhen, too.. but nevertheless: Also in the older version of Main Manual the basic functionalities are explained good)
Important Notes & Hints:
- Please look into CHTS-Main-Settings for "Powering Device while Profile Switch", if this works for your device. At best, test Profile change while device suspended. If all is switched correctly, it's o.k.. Most recommended is "smooth" and "regular" powering
- If you have a quite "slow" device, then it could be good to set "Profile Change Delay Rate" to a higher (==slower) value, if some Settings are not applied.
- If you want to change your Profile also while locked, please prefer "Change Profile while locked, but no Layout", if you also want to switch a Layout with this Profile. Much devices are not able to change their Sense-Layout, while they are locked.
CHT v2 -> CHT 2 - Thread
if CHTS is already installed, otherwise start with step 8:
1 switch to manually mode
2 Sense switching off recommended
3 Save CHTS-Settings
4 Save Loco-Settings
5 uninstall Loco, CHTS & CHTS-Quicklinks (please start with Loco-Uninstall)
7 at best (not really needed, only there were problems so far) : Remove all CHTS-Quicklinks/Toggles
8 If you want to use Location-Switch: Install & Configure MachCell (see also part configuration & CHTSLoco-Thread) - if you have CDMA you MUST use MachCell, if you have GSM, you CAN use MachCell.
Download+Thread here: *GPSMod/MachCell*
9 If you want to use 2g/3G-Toggle &-Quicklinks: Install & Configure WMLongLife (see also part configuration)
Download+Thread here: *WMLongLife*
10 Install CHTS-cab to Main Storage (Loco is inside)
11 Quicklinks-cab to Main Storage
12 start CHTS one time, look only, no save&apply, no language change
13 start Loco one time and exit, then start it again(then import saved settings, if needed)
14 Start CHTS and look, if you have to reassign the Locations. Then save&apply.
15 now you can apply the quicklinks
Recommended steps after Installation:
- Save Baseline (left Softkey-Menu of CHTS)
- Save current Layout (left Softkey-Menu of CHTS)
- Save Full Sense (left Softkey-Menu of CHTS)
- Test Location identification by Quicklink, that Locations are correct recognized. Then assign Location to a Profile
- IF you have any problem, then please try to reproduce the problem while CHTS-Logging & Loco-Logging is switched on. All Logs are to find in \<Storage Card>\_CHTScheduler\Logging. Please use .zip (not .rar, .7z,...) for attaching Log here as feedback
QUICK MANUALManual!!! also MANUAL as .pdf-File - redesigned by CLHatch!
Click on pic to download the quick manual or/and manual - now you can easier take it with you on your phone
The Configuration Hints for MachCell, WMLongLife, Windows Live and the most important CHTS are to find in Post #2 due to a better overview.
Link to fast switch to Post #2: *click here for Post #2*
How timed configuration for Profile switching of CHTS works is well explained in Main Manual!
How you can access single features of CHTS is explained in Quick Manual!
Some explainations of the basic functions to understand (please also read FAQs) in following posts) :
You can switch your Profile - if you want - by CHTSwitchGui or by Quicklink.
If you need for a special space of time another Profile - you will find in CHTSSwitchGui the options for "timeouted" mode, where you can e.g. switch for 2 hours to "SpareTime" and then CHTS shall automatically revert back to manually mode and "SaveMyDay"
1. Manually mode: You have all in your hand. You can see in CHT which profile is active. switch it by Quicklinks or CHTSwitchGui
2. Timeouted mode: You are in a meeting - then you can define a timeout by setting the timeout time or by Date&time and define, to
which mode or profile should CHTS turn afterwards
3. Automatically mode: An easy, intuitive way, you can define your personal rhythm of your day - no need to be think about overlapping times - for each day seperately and fingerfriendly configurable. Please read chapter 4 in manual to learn more.
This is a new menu-point in CHTS. You can assign a Profile to a CHTSLoco-Location. If Location changes, the Profile changes according to your settings:
-- In assigned Loc no Time Switch: If you are in a Location, which you have assigned to a profile, then CHTS would ignore the timed switch. So you can move where you want also if it wouldn't suit to the timed profile - as long as the Location is known, you will always get the suitable profile
-- ...except in/out of GoodNite: This belongs to " In assigned Loc no Time Switch" - and simply means: If CHTS should activate GoodNite or get out of GoodNite by Time, this switch is made also if all other time switches are ignored because of the assigned Location.
Sounds difficult, ey? But it isn't. It's only not easy to explain for me. The GoodNite-Thing simply makes asure, that you define your Sleep Time and this is mostly in a known location... But mostly the wrong profile to sleep.... and perhaps you don't want location changes while sleeping (e.g. if cells are togglings).
So define your typical minimum sleep time and disable loco changes in GoodNite... and your Smartphone is sleeping with you
-- Time profile in unassigned Loc: If Location is not assigned to a profile (but known), CHTS will switch to the timed profile. If this is off, CHTS does no change in unassigned locations
-- Time profile in unknown Loc: If Location is unknown (mostly marked with a "?") - CHTS will use the timed profile.
The rest is explained in CHTSLoco-Thread. Please keep in mind: What you configure in Loco is used by CHTS to switch profile, if you assigned it. So at best: Don't assign too much profiles at the beginning and observe, if Loco is switching fine your Location and all Cells for one Location are good recorded.
Then look, if the above mentioned Settings are ok. Then begin to assign more Profiles to the Locations.
Therefore that Loco is the only App, which I know, which is able for personal-indoor-location-identification: Please check the possibilities, and what you really need for Profile switching and which Locations are more for Fun.
So e.g. you can identify your Kitchen, Bathroom, Living Room seperately by Loco - but I would assign the same Profile to all of them - otherwise you will get Profile switches very often if you run around your habitation with your device
*click on pic to resize*
So - all together I hope, you think it's useful with its features. Just keep in mind: Each feature can be "single-applied" - so if you need only a Wall-Changer or some Quicklinks or a special configuration for Sense+CHT - then only use this..
*Download CHTS 2.30 (Loco 1.10 integrated) *
(Link to CHTSLoco-Thread: CHTSLoco)
*Download CHT QUICKLINKS 0230*
*Main Manual for CHTS (pdf,zipped, 750kB)*
*Quick-Manual for CHTS - fast start (pdf,zipped, 28 kB)*
*Manual for CHTSLoco - best practises for configuration (rtf,zipped, 100 kB)*
Credits: Please read about box of CHTS for the many helpful people for this App!
THANX TO ALL OF THE CHTS BETA TEAM, WHO HELPED!!!
This App is completely free and donations are not expected, but always appreciated. So if you want,
donate for work done