Co0kie's Home Tab offers us a vast array of changes for our home tabs. A lot of the options are only available via registry edits, unless you use CHTEditor.
With this application you can modify all the settings for the mod without having to open a registry editor, as well as being able to export & import all your settings and quicklinks, in case you need to hard reset or flash a new ROM. Multiple settings files can be automatically linked in the start menu, so you can switch layouts without opening the editor. You can also add these shortcuts as quicklinks to switch layouts from the home tab itself.
This application DOES NOT make any changes to Sense. You MUST have Co0kie's Home Tab installed!!!
You can get Co0kie's Home Tab here.
A BIG thanks goes to eboelzner for the Sense Interface SDK UI controls. They've made a vast improvement to the application and he's been a great help getting the latest version looking the part.
You can find the Sense Interface SDK here.
Please read post #2 before...
About CHTEditor v22.214.171.124
CHTEditor v126.96.36.199 final will only work with CHT 2.0.0 final.
There is no backward compatiblity with versions 1.x.x, so you can't import old CHTE settings files. But future versions will be compatile going forward, so you will be able to import you 2.0.0 settings into any 2.x.x version.
CHTEditor v188.8.131.52 Final released. Changes since public beta:
-[new] options added in CHT 2.0 final
-[new] multiple language file support
-[new] HVGA specific setting adjustments
-[fixed] reversed tasks sortby
-[fixed] contact links export/import bug
Requirements and Compatibility
This application requires .Net 3.5 to be installed on your device. You can download it here.
Some people seem to be having trouble installing .Net 3.5. If you are one of them, read this post and this post for 2 different suggestions.
The application has been tested thoroughly and found to be stable for WM6.5. There is an issue when automatically restarting manila in WM6.1, but you get a friendly error message telling you about it. If you get this message then you will need to restart manila manually.
MAKE SURE that you have the same version of the mod and the editor installed - you'll be told when starting the editor if you don't.
(It only has to be the first 3 numbers eg. v184.108.40.206 will work with v220.127.116.11)
- If in the future you upgrade Co0kie's Home Tab to a newer version, please read post #2 below.
- This application can be installed to either the device or your storage card.
- Finally, a lot of time goes into this application and this thread, so I'm sorry but I won't answer any questions that are answered in these first few posts. Any major issues will either be resolved as a new release, or will be mentioned at the top of the thread somewhere.
- Change the settings without a registry editor
- Export and import settings and quicklinks (can also be done via command-line - see post 2)
- Command-line support for import and export of settings (see post 2)
- Create shortcuts to settings files for on-the-fly quick changes from the start menu or quicklinks, without running the editor
- Remove dead quicklinks
- Automatically restarts manila or soft resets for immediate changes
- Multi-language support