Really easy, this will fix either android.process.acore force closing or google.services.framework force closing.
WARNING!: This will wipe contacts. It seems acore fc's when there are corrupted contacts. Usually by restoring contacts on an incompatible ROM....
And will temporarily wipe market list. So backup your contacts!
Step by step:
0. Make sure Sync is off, leave it off for some time! 1. Go into settings 2. Select Applications 3. Select Manage Applications 4. (If you are on 2.2) Select the All tab 5. Scroll down until you find Contacts Storage (select it). 6. Wipe data+clear cache(If available) 7. Hit back 8. Scroll down until you find Google Services Framework (select it) 9. Wipe data+clear cache (if available) 10. Reboot and enjoy 11. (optional) Enable Sync again
If this works for you, can you reply stating what ROM your on? (Eg, Stock 2.2, Cyanogenmod 5.08, MIUI 0.9.24, etc)
Or if it doesn't work for you, do the same thing?
It can be caused by corrupted database entiries in ANY of the syncs, Gmail, Calender, etc, but I've found contacts are the most likely culprits. This is a band-aid solution, if the problem is reappearing than there is probably something wrong with the source data being synced. Or an external application trying to do modifications (eg, a custom contacts application).
If you don't want to wipe all contacts:
It happened on my galaxy s too, when I viewed my contacts I got force close.
But after I tried many contacts backup tool on the market, I found that my contacts had 1 contact with no first name and no last name on it.
So I use contact removal from the market to remove that contact.
After that I got no force close again.
And my contact do not need to be wiped clean before.
Maybe this can resolved the contact error for some.
At least this worked on my galaxy s.
Thanks to this user here Bear55 for a more detailed explanation:
This solution will work in some cases but not for others. Read this guide for why the problem is happening and how to fix it: http://www.google.com/support/forum/...5968cd2e&hl=en
It is most likely a corrupted record on one of the services that you are syncing.