[Dec 10][SD] NexusHD2-FRG83D V1.8 (PPP + RMNET) [Kernel: hastarin r8.5.3_oldcam]
If you would like to use a SD version, please read and download V1.8 below.
V1.8 is the final SD version.
If you would like to boot this SD version with magldr, you can replace with a new rootfs.img
which is patched by nzxtneo.
NexusHD2-FRG83D V1.8 SD version (PPP + RMNET)
This is the latest, fastest, stable and clean *stock* Android build
for HTC HD2.
This build includes Google Nexus One's OTA update (FRG83D - Android/Froyo 2.2.1). (released on Nov. 18, 2010)
Quadrent score is about 1866 when using a sync file system.
Complete backup website (Find the older versions in the link below):
The default kernel is hastarin r8.5.3_oldcam
, please visit his post below for more information:
What is working:
- "Stock" build except blocking ads (hosts file is replaced) and adding "H" (HSDPA) icon and battery % icon
- By default it is hastarin's EVO based kernel (support for PPP), but you can switch to N1 based kernel (support for RMNET) easily.
Switch to RMNET by executing "conn_RMNET_with_michyprima_R11_AXI.sh" or "conn_RMNET_with_huanyu_HAVS-BFQ-OC-UV-AXI_925mv-0.1.d-n1.sh" in the GScript folder and then reboot.
Switch to PPP by executing "conn_PPP_with_hastarin_r8.5.3_oldcam.sh" or "conn_PPP_with_hastarin_r8.5.3_eb_oldcam.sh" in the GScript folder and then reboot.
oldcam means the old camera driver for Nexus One build.
eb means the older battery driver with extended battery support.
Install "GScript Lite" from Android Market to execute these .sh files.
E.g.: You will see the text below if executing "conn_RMNET_with_michyprima_R11_AXI.sh" successfully.
RMNET is ready.
michyprima_R11_AXI is ready.
- Create 512 MB data.img (You can specify the different data image size in startup.txt)
- Rooted: superuser privileges (su and busybox) included
- Some apps included (Delete any apk files in the AndroidApps folder before first boot if you don't like any of them.)
- GPS (works great. I got a location within 15 seconds.)
- 5MP Camera with flash, auto focus and zoom
- Camcorder with flash
- LED status notification
- Keypad LED control
- Auto Backlight
- Bluetooth (BT headset is fully supported in calls, music streaming/A2DP, and files transfer.)
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- WiFi Tethering/Hotspot (works with RMNET. For PPP, please install android-wifi-tether on Google Code)
- USB Tethering (Please install android-wired-tether on Google Code)
- USB Mass Storage (You can copy files from PC to PC. But Android apps cannot see the copied files in the phone before rebooting.)
- The battery power consumption on standby is about 5~7mA (less than 1% per hour) without SetCPU installed.
- To my knowledge, the battery life is related to the WM ROM, radio version, and all the apps running in the background.
- The default CPU clock rate is set to 245MHz ~ 998MHz, but you can install SetCPU to overclock.
- Turn off the live wallpaper for better performance and battery life.
- Install LauncherPro for a smoother home screen.
- I have included the following apps in the AndroidApps folder, they will be installed at first boot:
- DSPManager 1.0.apk
- ES File Explorer 126.96.36.199.apk
- Fancy Widget 1.3.0.apk (Time & Weather)
- Superuser 188.8.131.52.apk
- TeslaLED 2.0.4 Gala.apk
- About 3G/HSDPA:
- The stock Nexus One ROM only shows 3G icon in the status bar no matter if you are in HSDPA or not.
- You can check under "Settings > About phone > Status > Mobile network type". If it says HSDPA, you are on the 3.5G network ("H" Network).
- With v1.8, I have included FRG83D_stockbar_add-on_H_icon_and_battery%_icon.zip in the "Android/root" folder.
- If you don't like this add-on, please delete the folder named "root" located in the "Android" folder before first boot.
Mod edit: Link removed
- Please install MoreLocale 2 from Android Market to enable more languages if needed.
- Please visit Nexus One Help website and try to find the answer when you encounter any software issues on NexusHD2-FRG83(D). Thanks.
- Extract the Android folder (with all files in in) to root of your SD Card. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- If you already have an Android folder on your SD Card DELETE IT OR RENAME IT, because this version MAY BE INCOMPATIBILE with older releases !!!
- After copyng everything to your SD Card ensure you have at least 600 Mb free space for data store
- After you have done all steps go into Android folder and tap CLRCAD (for working sound), and after that just tap HaRET.
- On first run when there is "Creating a new datastore" just give it time to complete, and on first boot be patient and give it time to load everything.
- If you get some strange errors, or Android does not work, try to reformat SD card and try everything from the start.
- HD2 needs radio 2.08 or above to run Android. If you never upgrade your radio, you may not be able to run Android on HD2.
>>>> All apps will now function and install correctly. If you have an issue installing an app from the Android Market or another source, then go through the following steps:
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Unmount SD card
>>>> - Now install your app, it will now install correctly and function fine
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Mount SD card
My HD2 WinMo Info:
ROM: Stock 1.66.709.3 (76641) CHT
- Please install the latest 7-Zip 9.20 or WinRAR for uncompressing.
- If upgrading from the previous versions, please copy the original "data.img" to your new extracted Android folder.
- Cotulla - for making all this possible
- dan1j3l - for rootfs and liblights
- Markinus - for the "official" EVO kernel
- hastarin - for the EVO kernel
- huanyu - for the N1 kernel
- michyprima - for the N1 kernel
- Rajko - for the Compass fix
- mdebeljuh - for the G-Sensor workaround
- jdivic - for the G-Sensor workaround
- Letama - for the libhtc_ril_wrapper.so used by PPP
- aussiebum - for the suggested PPP options
- bangsters - for setting the size of data.img in startup.txt
- Cass67 - for the Bluetooth fix with EVO based kernel
- darkstone - for the readme and his build for reference
- gauner1986 - for the lights.htcleo.so
- Geo411m - for the FRG83D Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox ROM and add-ons (11/24)
- mattc - for the tweaks in rootfs
- memin1857 - for the tips that fix the auto backlight issue
- NetRipper - for the latest haret.exe (9/14)
- shu8i - for the readme
- Bluetooth headsets testers
- Everyone on #htc-linux & #htc-linux-chat, devs at xda-forums
If I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.
If you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation.
Thanks for your generous donations:
and other anonymous donators
P.S.: Screenshots below have some apps not included in downloaded 7-zip file.