[ROM - 28/09/10] SuperVillain 1.0 (No Sense UI, speed tweaked, based on VillainROM))

Search This thread

nprussell

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
DISCLAIMER

Read this post thoroughly, in its entirity. Don't ask for support on something that's been covered in this post!

VillainROM is sponsored by Hyperbees, LTD - publishers of SpeedX, The Impossible Level Game and more!

GPL Exempt - Uses HTC Binary leaked kernel.

Let's get on with it, shall we?

Well, it's been a long time coming, and in typical VillainROM fashion, we hope it's been worth the wait.

Many of you will know our work from the HTC Hero community; work which started just under a year ago and grew into a team of developers, themers and systems administrators working to produce THE most popular ROMs on the Hero.

Some of us recently attended the HTC press event in London, where we were asked by many, many disgruntled Desire users when we were going to release some ROMs for the device. The good news is, today is the day. For anyone that's been waiting for our ROMs, I apologise for the wait.

So... why the delay?

Yes, you guessed it... midgets. I'm not talking about the little sweets, either... I'm talking about the little fellas. It's nothing at all to do with the fact that I have been lazy, despite having dozens of angry Desire owners (including many of our team) hassling me day in, day out. No, it's not that at all; it's the midgets.
I won't pretend I don't feel guilty about it, though. I'm as guilty as Alan Carr is gay. And that's pretty guilty.

Many of our team own the HTC Desire, so expect to see several of our ROMs appearing on this forum in the future. It's an exciting time to be a Desire owner, with so many talented developers around working on it... not to mention the upcoming release of the Desire HD, and the HTC kernel sources.

So that you're kept in the loop, so to speak, this is one of a series of ROMs for the HTC Desire that will be released over the coming fortnight (ideally). In no particular order, the other ROMs that we'll be releasing in the near future are:

- FroydVillain 1.0.0 (A pure, AOSP build. Immensely fast, but currently quite buggy. This will be sorted prior to release)
- VillainROM HD (I'm working on a stripped down version of this ROM that installs without the need to store half the system folder on your SD EXT partition. This isn't too far away from release now).

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Many of you haven't read this far, and are already thinking 'TL : DR'. I have no doubt about this. I don't care though. That being said, I will 'get to the point' right about now.

Welcome to SuperVillain 1.0.0

The original 'Super' ROM was developed for the HTC Hero. It brings all the best features of Sense, without the chuggy launcher and widgets. So, what you get is all the Sense UI apps, such as the dialler, messaging, people, etc... but without the clutter. The ROM performs very well when compared with a Sense UI rom. The aim is to give a touch of Vanilla to those who simply love the other features that Sense UI offers.

This ROM is dedicated to MikeCoffee of TeamVillain, who still users the 5 month old SuperHero ROM on his HTC Hero.

- Based on build 2.14.207.1 - but has been stripped of Rosie, all HTC widgets
- Uses Launcher Pro (Thanks Federico) - Download ADW if you prefer it.
- Manup456's Revolution Font
- Speedy (try it and see)
- Apps2SD+
- De-odexed & Zip aligned
- OpenVPN Support
- Wifi N Support
- EXT 3 & 4 Support
- CIF Support
- CFQ Support
- Latest Superuser & Busybox
- VR Wallpapers
- UV Kernel - thanks, Neophyte
- System R/W access - overlay method
- Reboot in power menu
- Shiny, VillainROM boot animation (credits go to Alex from the VillainROM forum)
- Huge APN list - thanks, Cyanogen
- Supports major European languages
- PNG Optimised

See post #2 for Changelog

Installation Guide

1. Flash the latest radio image, if you don't have it already
2. Full Wipe
3. Flash the ROM
4. Boot up and enjoy!

Enjoy!

Download Link

Link!]

Circle Battery Mod - Thanks nstrand:

Here's Super Circle Battery F MOD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7305439/upda...ryF-SV_1.0.zip

And original one if needed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7305439/upda...ork-SV_1.0.zip

Addons/Updates

Original Font: Click Here
Wake on OJ and Power: Click Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I would just like to add, although we will try our best to help with any issues on XDA the way this forum works can often make it too hard to do so. Please report any bugs or issues over on the VR forums instead (in the relevant bug reporting section).

Thanks

Enjoy.

bee55

May 11, 2010
quadrant score

Actually, I'm getting pretty low quadrant scores for some reason (around 1,1k)...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER

Read this post thoroughly, in its entirity. Don't ask for support on something that's been covered in this post!

VillainROM is sponsored by Hyperbees, LTD - publishers of SpeedX, The Impossible Level Game and more!

GPL Exempt - Uses HTC Binary leaked kernel.

Let's get on with it, shall we?

Well, it's been a long time coming, and in typical VillainROM fashion, we hope it's been worth the wait.

Many of you will know our work from the HTC Hero community; work which started just under a year ago and grew into a team of developers, themers and systems administrators working to produce THE most popular ROMs on the Hero.

Some of us recently attended the HTC press event in London, where we were asked by many, many disgruntled Desire users when we were going to release some ROMs for the device. The good news is, today is the day. For anyone that's been waiting for our ROMs, I apologise for the wait.

So... why the delay?

Yes, you guessed it... midgets. I'm not talking about the little sweets, either... I'm talking about the little fellas. It's nothing at all to do with the fact that I have been lazy, despite having dozens of angry Desire owners (including many of our team) hassling me day in, day out. No, it's not that at all; it's the midgets.
    I won't pretend I don't feel guilty about it, though. I'm as guilty as Alan Carr is gay. And that's pretty guilty.

Many of our team own the HTC Desire, so expect to see several of our ROMs appearing on this forum in the future. It's an exciting time to be a Desire owner, with so many talented developers around working on it... not to mention the upcoming release of the Desire HD, and the HTC kernel sources.

So that you're kept in the loop, so to speak, this is one of a series of ROMs for the HTC Desire that will be released over the coming fortnight (ideally). In no particular order, the other ROMs that we'll be releasing in the near future are:

- FroydVillain 1.0.0 (A pure, AOSP build. Immensely fast, but currently quite buggy. This will be sorted prior to release)
    - VillainROM HD (I'm working on a stripped down version of this ROM that installs without the need to store half the system folder on your SD EXT partition. This isn't too far away from release now).

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Many of you haven't read this far, and are already thinking 'TL : DR'. I have no doubt about this. I don't care though. That being said, I will 'get to the point' right about now.

Welcome to SuperVillain 1.0.0

The original 'Super' ROM was developed for the HTC Hero. It brings all the best features of Sense, without the chuggy launcher and widgets. So, what you get is all the Sense UI apps, such as the dialler, messaging, people, etc... but without the clutter. The ROM performs very well when compared with a Sense UI rom. The aim is to give a touch of Vanilla to those who simply love the other features that Sense UI offers.

This ROM is dedicated to MikeCoffee of TeamVillain, who still users the 5 month old SuperHero ROM on his HTC Hero.

- Based on build 2.14.207.1 - but has been stripped of Rosie, all HTC widgets
    - Uses Launcher Pro (Thanks Federico) - Download ADW if you prefer it.
    - Manup456's Revolution Font
    - Speedy (try it and see)
    - Apps2SD+
    - De-odexed & Zip aligned
    - OpenVPN Support
    - Wifi N Support
    - EXT 3 & 4 Support
    - CIF Support
    - CFQ Support
    - Latest Superuser & Busybox
    - VR Wallpapers
    - UV Kernel - thanks, Neophyte
    - System R/W access - overlay method
    - Reboot in power menu
    - Shiny, VillainROM boot animation (credits go to Alex from the VillainROM forum)
    - Huge APN list - thanks, Cyanogen
    - Supports major European languages
    - PNG Optimised

See post #2 for Changelog

Installation Guide

1. Flash the latest radio image, if you don't have it already
    2. Full Wipe
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Boot up and enjoy!

Enjoy!

Download Link

Link!]

Circle Battery Mod - Thanks nstrand:

Here's Super Circle Battery F MOD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7305439/upda...ryF-SV_1.0.zip

And original one if needed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7305439/upda...ork-SV_1.0.zip

Addons/Updates

Original Font: Click Here
    Wake on OJ and Power: Click Here

just use rootexplorer to delete the htc.lockscreen.apk from system/app folder then reboot phone

cheers Raze, so i dont have to add anything? just delete said file and i will have stock lockscreen?

Thanks, raze.

edit: Yes this is correct. many thanks raze.
    omg this rom is so ****ing stable and fast !!!!!!!!!!!! please update it, i will donate! better then all other roms!