T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more
Post Reply

Car Cradle Application

OP DoyleChris

28th September 2010, 07:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
I have had the Fascinate now for about 2 weeks and love it. First time on the android operating system and getting used to it. I have had windows mobile before.

The question i got is the Car Cradle Application on android 2.1 that comes on the phone is nice since me and the wife travel alot, but what gets me is that the navigation button in the middle of the screen goes to VZNavigator. I ave google maps installed and trying to find Nav & Go to install on it but i would like to change the button on the car cradle to go to google maps or another navigation app besides VZNavigator any idead how to do that.
28th September 2010, 07:12 PM   |  #2  
ksizzle9's Avatar
Senior Member
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 42
 
947 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Yup. Root, uninstall vz navigator, Bing, and it will default to Google maps

they call me...kick ass
28th September 2010, 08:18 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Holland
Thanks Meter: 22
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
hmm...so I did what you said and my car cradle app FC's whenever I select View Map, Voice Search, and Navigation. How did you get yours to work? I have uninstalled VZNav and bing.
28th September 2010, 08:37 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
The app still looks for vzw navigator and bing which is why it FC's. Take a CarDock.apk file out of a deodexed 2.1 ese81 build and move it to system/app/ with root explorer. This will give you google car dock. The only glitch I have found is it FC's when you click the contacts button but all the Google stuff works.
Last edited by fascination; 28th September 2010 at 08:41 PM.
30th September 2010, 10:31 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 183
 
929 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
I use this one: http://www.appbrain.com/app/car-dock...k.ig88.carhome

1st October 2010, 02:51 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
This app was posted in the vibrant section a while back. It's a samsung app that someone downloaded from the market. I installed google maps prior to installing this and then renamed cardock.apk in the system/apps folder. Install the file and you will another version of the car dock. It looks the same except it doesn't have the home button. The maps and navigation buttons link to google maps. The voice search opens google search. The contacts button opens contacts just like the original dock. The regular search button opens bing in the browser.


http://db.tt/pixCKD2


Here's a screen shot.



Sent from my Fascinate
1st October 2010, 06:36 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwarrior

This app was posted in the vibrant section a while back. It's a samsung app that someone downloaded from the market. I installed google maps prior to installing this and then renamed cardock.apk in the system/apps folder. Install the file and you will another version of the car dock. It looks the same except it doesn't have the home button. The maps and navigation buttons link to google maps. The voice search opens google search. The contacts button opens contacts just like the original dock. The regular search button opens bing in the browser.






sent from my Fascinate

I installed the app you posted, but it looks nothing like your screenshot. Mine displays 6 basic boxes?
1st October 2010, 07:00 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascination

The app still looks for vzw navigator and bing which is why it FC's. Take a CarDock.apk file out of a deodexed 2.1 ese81 build and move it to system/app/ with root explorer. This will give you google car dock. The only glitch I have found is it FC's when you click the contacts button but all the Google stuff works.

That worked great, thanks for the tip!! Wish I could figure out the contacts though.....
1st October 2010, 07:39 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 50
 
564 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie02

I installed the app you posted, but it looks nothing like your screenshot. Mine displays 6 basic boxes?

Same Story...
1st October 2010, 02:38 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 34
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Not sure if you're following this story or not, but Google just released a standalone cardock.apk. It's supposedly in the market, but I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully it's not just for froyo.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Fascinate General by ThreadRank