[AlphaRev] HBOOT S-OFF Desire GSM 1.8

Search This thread

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
booted of usb keep getting the following error.. i have htc desire(gsm) SLCD, hboot 83

edit:
getting the same error in virtualbox, i am running the MIUI rom, not sure what i am doing wrong, if anyone can help i would really appreciate that.. thanxs
can you go into a adb shell and type in cat /proc/cmdline

Give me your adroidboot.mid and androidboot.cid

yes in fastboot

after i type
C:\androidSDK\tools>fastboot flash splash1 desire_stock_splash1.img
sending 'splash1' (768 KB)...

do i need different drivers like unrevoked ones?

thats all i get left it for like 10mins no change
should give u complete or failed immediately

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Nice, real nice :) Maybe add a script to flash old HBOOT to the iso, too? Should help people if stuff goes wrong

Sent from my HDfied HTC Desire

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Nice, real nice :) Maybe add a script to flash old HBOOT to the iso, too? Should help people if stuff goes wrong

Sent from my HDfied HTC Desire

If stuff goes wrong there will be no flashing old Hboot, it will be a brick.

If stuff goes right and they wanna flash old hboot they can via ruu, or fastboot.

ghiki

Oct 1, 2007
Galdakao
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I-DONT-BELIEVE-IT!!! It WORKED for me with VirtualBox!!!! it's amazing!!
thanks!thanks!thanksssss!

Worked with HBOOT 0.75/Leedroid 2.1a/Windows7 x86/Virtualbox 3.2.8 r64453(last, i think) without any issues

fwers

Nov 23, 2009
lol, this is strange, i did 'su' in adb shell and i got permission denied.. should i install another rom then ?
running MIUI.. .24 version right now.

fwers

Nov 23, 2009
Juggalo_X the 2 numbers that you asked for are

androidboot.mid PB9922000
androidboot.cid TELUS001

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Juggalo_X the 2 numbers that you asked for are

androidboot.mid PB9922000
androidboot.cid TELUS001

there is no reason why you are getting invalid device then besides the rom.

flash another one.

http://www.mightyrom.com/mrx/MRX/Bravo/Test/Current/Mighty_X_240910_D.zip

thats the rom i have been working on, its not finished yet but its funtional and stable. still monkeying with stuff. but i know it works as this is what i tested the fasher on for the AlphaREV guys

fwers

Nov 23, 2009
Juggalo_X : that did the trick... thanxs mate.. i guess MIUI was being the cause for it to not work. thanxs again :)

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
With some help from Juggalo_X and Undesirable on IRC, I've successfully flashed to 0.93 S-OFF :)

It seems USB connectivity was lost somewhere along the line. It may have been an incompatibility with the ROM (I was running Kali's CM 6.0.2).

The good news is, my Desire wasn't bricked. HBOOT hadn't even been touched yet. After pulling the battery, it booted just fine.

I flashed to Juggalo's custom ROM (linked above), ran the process again and it worked perfectly this time.

Thanks again for the help guys! Heart attack avoided.

mr_dinosaur

Oct 10, 2009
Singapore
It seems USB connectivity was lost somewhere along the line. It may have been an incompatibility with the ROM (I was running Kali's CM 6.0.2).

Thanks for sharing because I think the same thing may happen on CyanogenMod Nightlies which I've got flashed on my device. I'll flash the ROM you used first before trying to avoid near heart attack moments lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

nht_max

Aug 15, 2005
On Planet Earth :))
Thanks so much for the awesome tool, all of you who have involved in realizing it!

I just have one question before tempting to do the job:
May there be any compatible issue If i decide to do this if my device is running OpenDesire 4.0.32? Like the case of David which he had to flash another ROM to make it through the process. My Desire is at HBOOT 0.75, rooted using the unRevoked 3.2.1 which has just been released and on OD 4.0.32.

Your helps are greatly appreciated:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read more on the following page:

AlphaRev Website.

to our device fund :)

Enjoy!

In case you need it after the process completes successfully:

Flash your recovery using 'fastboot'. Do not ask here how to use FASTBOOT, there's a million tutorials for it if you just search a bit.

The livecd will now ask you to optionally install CWM-AlphaRev Recovery 2.5.1.8. This -should- support PVT4 models as well.

---

AlphaRev 1.8 has been released. This features:

-improved logic
    -on-screen progress (on the phone)
    -optional recovery installation
    -multiple device support

---

More new HBOOTS have been released for bravo.

-PVT4 support
    -6.93.1002 version numbering (better recognition)
    -Downgrade protection (cannot be overwritten by a RUU, unless you flash a downgrader HBOOT first.)
    -Misc is supported to be flashed through fastboot (for usb unbricking or mainver downgrading)
    -SuperCID patched, never need a goldcard again with these hboots. You can now safely flash a RUU, your HBOOT will not be overwritten.

-New sizes for Oxygen and CM7 HBOOT, indicated by the 'r2' tag.

Everyone is advised to upgrade to these new HBOOTS, even when you are using the stock partition table.

Make sure to verify the MD5SUM listed in the table right before you're about to flash these images!
    If you don't, and the file is corrupt, you WILL brick your bootloader.
    Get in! You guys are aaaaawwwsssoooommmeeee! :D

XDA MODS... This needs to be a sticky!

Sent from LeeDrOiD loaded HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    All the HBOOTS are updated as per yesterday, including stock.
    Read the first post for details.
    Hey Guys,

Im pretty new to the hole flashing rom's ect. Is there a screenshot/video tutorial to flash hboot?

/Martin

Flash it using a PB99IMG.zip from HBOOT.

I'm adding zipfiles to the website (which should be renamed to PB99IMG.zip on /sdcard)

If you then enter HBOOT, it asks you to flash that. Unfortunately there's no selecting a zipfile, it's just rename the correct one to PB99IMG.

But honestly, why in the hell would you need to flash radios all the time? (Especially on-the-go)

Thank you.

I missed it with all the noise on the Oxygen thread.

For info, from there http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10125671&postcount=9383

The first few HBOOTS are raw sizes, Oxygen is the only one with YAFFS2 sizes listed. Thats simply because Oxygen came much later :p

I'll adjust the other ones to show actual YAFFS2 size.
    AlphaRev 1.8 released. Bravo PVT4 is now supported (and legend/espresso).

Enjoy :)