Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone know who the flagship network operator will be for the desire HD?

Tip us?

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 727

DONATE TO ME
Default Does anyone know who the flagship network operator will be for the desire HD?

THinking of getting the DHD on my network Orange when i'm due for an upgrade in October and i was wondering if it will actually be available? Does anyone know what the flagship network will be?

Please don't say o2 lol, i hate those buggers.

dazultra2000
Old
Thanks Meter 24
As far as I know, Vodafone is going to be the "flagship". HTC seemed to be bigging them up a lot at the launch event.
Orange and T-Mobile are getting the phone too, but they didn't get a mention.
O2 so far aren't even getting the phone at all!

HTC One in Silver
Android 4.3
ROM: Android Revolution HD 22.0

Galaxy Tab 10.1

Also have: SPV (Canary), SPV C500 (Typhoon), SPV C550 (Hurricane), SPV M2000 (BlueAngel), SPV M5000 (Universal), TyTNII (Kaiser), Treo Pro (Panther), Touch Pro2 (Rhodium), Desire S (Saga), Desire HD (Ace), One X

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2880
3rd party online stores are offering the HD on T-Mobile, Orange, O2 and Vodafone...always best to get from a 3rd party as to not get a crap branded handset!!
HTC One M8 GPe (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G_20.30A.4145.01L | Kernel: Stock | CID: GOOGL001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)

dazultra2000
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
3rd party online stores are offering the HD on T-Mobile, Orange, O2 and Vodafone...always best to get from a 3rd party as to not get a crap branded handset!!
Yep, that's what I did with my TP2 and is what I'm doing with my HD

HTC One in Silver
Android 4.3

Galaxy Tab 10.1

Also have: SPV (Canary), SPV C500 (Typhoon), SPV C550 (Hurricane), SPV M2000 (BlueAngel), SPV M5000 (Universal), TyTNII (Kaiser), Treo Pro (Panther), Touch Pro2 (Rhodium), Desire S (Saga), Desire HD (Ace), One X

darrenjdoc
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I have it ordered from a 3rd party on Vodafone. I wonder because it will be the first shipment will it have all the Vodafone crap on it or touch wood it will be sim free ??

dazultra2000
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Depends where you get it from and whether you're first shipment or not.

When I ordered my TP2 from mobilephonesdirect I was first shipment and Voda didn't even have theirs yet - so I got an unbranded one.

I don't know if somewhere down the line Voda got their stock and MPD started selling from Voda stock rather than sim-free stock...

I expect at this stage all stock that doesn't come direct from an operator will be unbranded and sim-free.

HTC One in Silver
Android 4.3

Galaxy Tab 10.1

darrenjdoc
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I ordered it from here immediately once they started taking orders so i should be in the first shipment - http://www.mobiles.co.uk/htc-desire-hd.html

Here's hoping its sim free then m8

themonkster
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I've just sent Orange an email asking about a release date. I'll post back when I hear something.

I never use a 3rd Party. Insurance is 6.00 a month on Orange. They replace the phone the next day usually no questions asked.

If you buy 3rd party you cannot insure your phone direct. You end up paying about 10.00 a month then if you want to claim they try everything to get out of helping you.

In my experience always buy direct. I know the branding is a pain. Custom Roms get rid of the bloatware. A small badge you can put up with.

If you buy a 3rd party phone the main operator will always tell you to contact who you bought your phone from if there's a fault.

That's where you will start having problems.

Sent from my HTC Hero

dazultra2000
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I phoned Vodafone about my TP2 when I got it asking if I can have insurance put on through Vodafone rather than via the reseller and they said "Yep no problem" and put it on for me! Not had to use it, but just saying...

HTC One in Silver
Android 4.3

Galaxy Tab 10.1

themonkster
Old
Thanks Meter 13
That's good maybe it's just Orange. I got a phone from Phones 4 you years ago and Orange wouldn't touch me on insurance. I just like to deal direct because I get really good loyalty discounts.

Sent from my HTC Hero