[Q] Xperia X10 won't turn on.
Hi. The phone application was not functioning well and the F/C dialog showed up. I powered off the phone and from that point, the phone won't turn on.
- The battery was fully charged before this happened.
- When I press the power button, the phone vibrates for half a second, the screen brightens up but does not show anything but a black screen.
- I removed SIM and SD cards, removed the battery and performed the above steps but nothing happened.
- I also tried to put on the charger to see what's going on. Once I plug the charger, the phone's screen brightens but shows only blank (even without pressing the power button)
- When connected to the charger, the green light for charging is on for some minutes, then goes off automatically.
- I tried to connect it to the PC, and PC Companion finds the device as usually. It even shows the dialog on the pc screen to mount the device.
- I tried a hard reset, but does not work
- On some point, the sony logo appeared and then a dialog saying: "sorry process system is not responding". The first time I pressed Force Close and the phone turned off. Immediately after that, the phone turned on and showed the exact message. I pressed "Wait" but nothing happened in the next 15 minutes.
- I called Sony's support center and they suggested a software update. Did the process exactly as it should, but again, even after the software update the screen shows nothing but black. It is all the time brightened for some reason.
- I tried to turn off the phone for some time by removing the battery, but as soon as I put the battery back on, the phone's screen brightens and stays that way forever.
The phone was functioning perfectly up until this issue. The only application I had installed apart from some games, was AWDLauncher. On the screen I had only a TASK widget and a battery status widget.
The phone is 3 months old and has been always in perfect condition.
ANY help would be appreciated!!!!