5,600,571 Members 33,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] MMAppLauncher v1.0 - Full Start Menu Replacement (WM 6.5, 6.5.x)

Tip us?

omek07
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Maximus.Mobile

Please don put money on this program

or if you cant do anything else make a lite version

Please......

Thanksssss

Maximus.Mobile
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by omek07 View Post
Maximus.Mobile

Please don put money on this program

or if you cant do anything else make a lite version

Please......

Thanksssss
There will be a lite version.

Follow me on

colossus_r
Old
Thanks Meter 367
I was ready to make a cab that it will auto disable the startmenu install the mmApplauncher and make all the reg entrys but....

I am not going to use this if its going commercial....
And i am not goint to test any other version.....

Its developer desicion to go commercial since he put a lot of work to it but a lot of other ppl do the same and the give tey work to XDA for free...

If it will be a free version the i use it and i will make that cab...

Thanks for your work Maximus ..

I still think this is a promising app for replacing the Startmenu
Contributions - WinMo :
What to do before and after a flash
2. My XDA_UC scripts Examples
3. Icons 1. For GTX Roms 2. For Sencity
Android : HowTo 1. Rafdroid 2. Desire_DL 3. Frameworks for Desire_DL
If i helped you please hit "Thanks" button

Devices: Qtek2020i-S200-HTC3540 - ETENx500 - HTCCruise - iPhone(for a while)-HTC HD-HD2-Trophy-Titan Lumia 920

NRGZ28
Old
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo
Thanks Meter 9958
I know I would donate for a full version if he decided not to go commercial. And I'm sure a lot of other people would as well, if I linked it in my ROMs and in all of my threads. That would be a LOT of exposure for him.
.. - Energy ROM Chef -..

Click below for ROM threads

(OneX, OneS, Amaze, Sensation, HD2, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vision, Incredible 2, Desire HD, MyTouch4G)
(Asus Transformer TF101 / TF201 / TF300 )
(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

J_M_H
Old
Thanks Meter 5
NRGZ28, I think your point is moot because this program won't run on your ROMs, according to Maximus. See posts 82 and 86 in this thread. I'm getting the same COM error using 29 Sept 21680 Standard Energy.

I think we need to know what the difference between the free and paid versions (and the price!) will be in order to decide if it's worth it to continue to beta.

NRGZ28
Old
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo
Thanks Meter 9958
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_H View Post
NRGZ28, I think your point is moot because this program won't run on your ROMs, according to Maximus. See posts 82 and 86 in this thread. I'm getting the same COM error using 29 Sept 21680 Standard Energy.

I think we need to know what the difference between the free and paid versions (and the price!) will be in order to decide if it's worth it to continue to beta.
It doesnt run on SOME of my ROMs because it's not finalized yet. It runs on the ROM currently on my device, without a problem... otherwise I wouldn't waste my time in this thread.
.. - Energy ROM Chef -..

Click below for ROM threads

(OneX, OneS, Amaze, Sensation, HD2, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vision, Incredible 2, Desire HD, MyTouch4G)
(Asus Transformer TF101 / TF201 / TF300 )
(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

Maximus.Mobile
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
This thread main purpose is to beta test an windows mobile application. I'm NOT trying to sell or force you to do anything. Also, as how I always do it, people who involve in beta testing usually get access to the "final version".

If you have any other concerns or comments, feel free to email me. I would love to have a conversation.

Please let's have our attention back to the point.

Follow me on

sv0911
Old
(Last edited by sv0911; 7th October 2010 at 01:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 288
Hi Maximus,

im testing your app right now on Omnia i8000 wm 6.5.3
Everything works fine, i only have one question, i have in the wm start menu 2 shortcuts for settings, one is samsung settings
and the other is wm settings which is actually a folder containing sytemsettings, personalsettings, screen a.s.o settings and i can not locate this wm settings shortcut or the folder to add it to MMAppL..
Can you give me a hink where it is located or anyone else knows..?
I looked for it under program files, start menu, windows a.s.o but could not find it...

Greetings
sv0911
"If you like my work...... go and by yourself a drink... and enjoy the ride......"

My latest dedications to xda:
+ T H E M E Harmony Blue
+ T H E M E Gingerfire Black
+ T H E M E Gingerfire Blue
+ T H E M E Black Chrome
+ T H E M E White Chrome
+ T H E M E Glowing Blue

..more releases on my profile statistics...

claus1953
Old
Thanks Meter 89
On my Omnia i900L with ock's Rom Titanium Premium WM 23129, it works quite well. When opening it takes some 8 seconds to show the programs.
The UnauthorizedAccessException i get while in the 2nd last tab, after some 20 seconds to be there, either if i try to launch a program or not. In the settings tab i had the same exception in some occasions, but now i could be there and open up all settings without problems. The only thing is that when i close the setting that i opened, MMLauncher goes in background. Also below the settings there are all programs again, like in the first tab.
(HTC Elfin) sold it
(Samsung Omnia i900L) sold it
SGS I9000T stolen
SGY S5360L sold it
LG P970 (OB) sold it
LG L9 P768g, TELCEL, Stock ROM 4.1.2 V20a (still looking to unlock bootloader without success)
EPad Flytouch 5, The Blazing Dragon by Gaboros ROM

Maximus.Mobile
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv0911 View Post
Hi Maximus,

im testing your app right now on Omnia i8000 wm 6.5.3
Everything works fine, i only have one question, i have in the wm start menu 2 shortcuts for settings, one is samsung settings
and the other is wm settings which is actually a folder containing sytemsettings, personalsettings, screen a.s.o settings and i can not locate this wm settings shortcut or the folder to add it to MMAppL..
Can you give me a hink where it is located or anyone else knows..?
I looked for it under program files, start menu, windows a.s.o but could not find it...

Greetings
sv0911
These setting items are from all the cpl files under Windows. There is no particular folder where all settings items located. You could create a folder under start menu with all custom settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by claus1953 View Post
On my Omnia i900L with ock's Rom Titanium Premium WM 23129, it works quite well. When opening it takes some 8 seconds to show the programs.
The UnauthorizedAccessException i get while in the 2nd last tab, after some 20 seconds to be there, either if i try to launch a program or not. In the settings tab i had the same exception in some occasions, but now i could be there and open up all settings without problems. The only thing is that when i close the setting that i opened, MMLauncher goes in background. Also below the settings there are all programs again, like in the first tab.
UnauthorizedAccessException is from some files under Windows which is probably currently in used and won't share access with other programs. As for the second problem you mention, I've pin point and fix it as it was problem with worker threads fighting to do their job.

Follow me on

Tags
alternative, classy, fast, finger friendly, maximus mobile, replacement, start menu