XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Request listing of Fascinate Development Threads

Tip us?

Daswolven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Default Request listing of Fascinate Development Threads

Wondering if someone want's to throw up a complete listing of kernels, roms, etc. like all the other Galaxy S variant forums have.

wait.

damn.

nvm.

I really, really miss my Nexus, but at least I have service now.
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.

Devices
___
HTC One - Current
HTC DNA
Motorola RAZR Maxx
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible 2
HTC Thunderbolt
Samsung Galaxy Fascinate
HTC Google Nexus One
HTC G1

wasupwithuman
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daswolven View Post
Wondering if someone want's to throw up a complete listing of kernels, roms, etc. like all the other Galaxy S variant forums have.

wait.

damn.

nvm.

I really, really miss my Nexus, but at least I have service now.
im not the flaming type....but this is really unnecessary.

Daswolven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasupwithuman View Post
im not the flaming type....but this is really unnecessary.
Isn't that like saying "I'm not the racist type, but...."

Of course it's unnecessary. But there's nothing else to do at the moment on here. It's a little frustrating to see the work in the other variant forums, and to hear crickets and hopes in here.

I KNOW incredible people are hard at work right this minute to fix it, but....

It's looking like we will be last to see Voodoo, last to see Froyo, and last to see CM.

I'm not the whining type, but.....

I'm growing restless. lol.
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.

Devices
___
HTC One - Current
HTC DNA
Motorola RAZR Maxx
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible 2
HTC Thunderbolt
Samsung Galaxy Fascinate
HTC Google Nexus One
HTC G1

namebrandon
Old
(Last edited by namebrandon; 30th September 2010 at 08:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
If you're (the general you, not calling anyone out) interested in development, I suggest joining the IRC channel #samsung-fascinate on freenode. This is where you'll get the most up to date information. (For example, we were testing CWM recovery with Koush long before the first post showed up here).

If you'd like a small project to get you in the swing of things, and you're slightly familiar with linux and can get a VM up and running, you could always download the source from Samsung and learn how to compile your own kernel. I've seen a few people in the channel go from knowing pretty much nothing to getting their kernels compiled. Even if you can't get a linux VM up and running, maybe someone in the channel could help you with that.

Obviously thanks to Samsung, the kernel won't boot, but going through the process will help broaden your knowledge and give you some insight into Android and Linux in general. There's plenty to learn, and there's a wide range of people there with varying levels of expertise.

There are a number of us who have been at this since day 1, and since we "know" each other a little better, we often communicate directly between ourselves. If you pop in the IRC channel and don't see anything, don't take that to mean that no work is being done.

There are some major obstacles to be overcome here, and Samsung didn't do us any favors. We're working a number of things right now, getting the kernel source fixed, AOSP, voodoo, etc.. It will take time, but we're getting there.

wasupwithuman
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daswolven View Post
Isn't that like saying "I'm not the racist type, but...."

Of course it's unnecessary. But there's nothing else to do at the moment on here. It's a little frustrating to see the work in the other variant forums, and to hear crickets and hopes in here.

I KNOW incredible people are hard at work right this minute to fix it, but....

It's looking like we will be last to see Voodoo, last to see Froyo, and last to see CM.

I'm not the whining type, but.....

I'm growing restless. lol.
if you notice i did not flame you... I could have, but i respect you as a xda member... I just said this was unnecessary, because it is. Like namebrandon said, join the irc channel, but starting a topic like that, then just saying some nonsense, really doesnt need to be done... Your a senior member, we need to be a good influence for the new people. Like i said, i've seen you help out and i respect that; but lets try to keep the Android Development to Android Development. If it's something like this atleast file it in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
If you're (the general you, not calling anyone out) interested in development, I suggest joining the IRC channel #samsung-fascinate on freenode. This is where you'll get the most up to date information. (For example, we were testing CWM recovery with Koush long before the first post showed up here).

If you'd like a small project to get you in the swing of things, and you're slightly familiar with linux and can get a VM up and running, you could always download the source from Samsung and learn how to compile your own kernel. I've seen a few people in the channel go from knowing pretty much nothing to getting their kernels compiled. Even if you can't get a linux VM up and running, maybe someone in the channel could help you with that.

Obviously thanks to Samsung, the kernel won't boot, but going through the process will help broaden your knowledge and give you some insight into Android and Linux in general. There's plenty to learn, and there's a wide range of people there with varying levels of expertise.

There are a number of us who have been at this since day 1, and since we "know" each other a little better, we often communicate directly between ourselves. If you pop in the IRC channel and don't see anything, don't take that to mean that no work is being done.

There are some major obstacles to be overcome here, and Samsung didn't do us any favors. We're working a number of things right now, getting the kernel source fixed, AOSP, voodoo, etc.. It will take time, but we're getting there.
I'm one of those people... First kernel i've ever compiled.

kirwoodd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
and/or you could harass samsung for the kernel signing keys, no coding ability required.

jt1134
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3123

DONATE TO ME
Jesus people. I'll post a ROM if it'll stop all these nonsense threads.

Voodoo kernel is the works also. Coding helps development, not complaining and being sarcastic.

kirwoodd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
Jesus people. I'll post a ROM if it'll stop all these nonsense threads.

Voodoo kernel is the works also. Coding helps development, not complaining and being sarcastic.
really?
you have the signing key for the kernel?

jt1134
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3123

DONATE TO ME
signing key? don't need no stinking signing key. bootloader'll boot any (working) kernel I've tried

ksizzle9
Old
Thanks Meter 41
HUMAN!!!! YEAH!!! U R EVERYWHERE I LOVE IT!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App