Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Tab FileSystem

Tip us?

edgardurao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Galaxy Tab FileSystem

Hi. Didn't find anything similar, so here's the question: does anyone know if Galaxy Tab will use the same RFS filesystem as Galaxy S?
Best Regards,

Edgar Durão

ZTE V970 (TMN smart a18) [Android JB 4.1.1] // Bq Kepler 2 [Android ICS 4.0.4]
Past: Samsung Galaxy S i9000 [Android CM 10.1 JB 4.2.2] // Nokia E71 // tmn blubelt

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
I am assuming it does according to the benchmarks.
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

edgardurao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
So bad news for Galaxy S owners.
If you're right, Smasung will not change the filesystem type in the official froyo release.
Best Regards,

Edgar Durão

ZTE V970 (TMN smart a18) [Android JB 4.1.1] // Bq Kepler 2 [Android ICS 4.0.4]
Past: Samsung Galaxy S i9000 [Android CM 10.1 JB 4.2.2] // Nokia E71 // tmn blubelt

LostAlone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Its a good news/bad news situation... Bad news, samsung are sticking with their retard-device-crippling file system. Good news, we already have a half dozen or more different lag fixes. So once you get that up and running we'll off ahead of the pack again anyway...
Galaxy S Running Darky's Raw Steel Edition v3.0 w/ Voodoo - The Fastest In Town Given to my girlfriend then lost some time in 2012.

Asus Transformer Pad TF300T on HYDRO 8-Liquid Butter

jeebspawnshop
Old
Thanks Meter 514
I imagine sztupy from the SGS forum could probably whip together a ULFK for the Tab in a day's work. Seeing as it's just a kernel change, and the kernels are probably 95% similar between the SGS and the Tab...

Now to buy him a Tab to play with :P

at314
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I v been using galaxy tab for the last 10 days. I dont experiance any lag . Yes the benchmark almost the same but no lag .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
Follow me on Twitter

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
There is zero lag on the Tab and i have been using it for two weeks with 90 apps installed.
The browser however, is another story - even with flash disabled.
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

mmorselli
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Using Galaxy TAB since two weeks and I can confirm no lag at all, Samsung Browser is terrible written software, but who needs ? Last Dolphin version is perfect on large display, and is very fast and smooth.

So, the question is: Why TAB have no lag if the filesystem is the infamous RFS ? Maybe RFS isn't guilty ?

zerocool76
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorselli View Post
Using Galaxy TAB since two weeks and I can confirm no lag at all, Samsung Browser is terrible written software, but who needs ? Last Dolphin version is perfect on large display, and is very fast and smooth.

So, the question is: Why TAB have no lag if the filesystem is the infamous RFS ? Maybe RFS isn't guilty ?
Does anybody have the issue with Dolphin Hd 4 that if you go on this forum(via Tab, desktop or android mode doesnt matter) and you click on search thread, the keyboard close when you try to write in the drop menu?Doesn't happen with Skyfire....

mmorselli
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool76 View Post
Does anybody have the issue with Dolphin Hd 4 that if you go on this forum(via Tab, desktop or android mode doesnt matter) and you click on search thread, the keyboard close when you try to write in the drop menu?Doesn't happen with Skyfire....
Yes, I can confirm the issue...