Galaxy Tab FileSystem

OP edgardurao

1st October 2010, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 37

248 posts
More
Hi. Didn't find anything similar, so here's the question: does anyone know if Galaxy Tab will use the same RFS filesystem as Galaxy S?
1st October 2010, 09:06 PM   |  #2  
USA
Thanks Meter: 305

1,710 posts
More
I am assuming it does according to the benchmarks.
1st October 2010, 09:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 37

248 posts
More
So bad news for Galaxy S owners.
If you're right, Smasung will not change the filesystem type in the official froyo release.
2nd October 2010, 12:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

164 posts
Its a good news/bad news situation... Bad news, samsung are sticking with their retard-device-crippling file system. Good news, we already have a half dozen or more different lag fixes. So once you get that up and running we'll off ahead of the pack again anyway...
25th October 2010, 04:47 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 610

1,005 posts
I imagine sztupy from the SGS forum could probably whip together a ULFK for the Tab in a day's work. Seeing as it's just a kernel change, and the kernels are probably 95% similar between the SGS and the Tab...

Now to buy him a Tab to play with :P
26th October 2010, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 0

127 posts
More
I v been using galaxy tab for the last 10 days. I dont experiance any lag . Yes the benchmark almost the same but no lag .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
26th October 2010, 09:53 PM   |  #7  
USA
Thanks Meter: 305

1,710 posts
More
There is zero lag on the Tab and i have been using it for two weeks with 90 apps installed.
The browser however, is another story - even with flash disabled.
1st November 2010, 03:03 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
Using Galaxy TAB since two weeks and I can confirm no lag at all, Samsung Browser is terrible written software, but who needs ? Last Dolphin version is perfect on large display, and is very fast and smooth.

So, the question is: Why TAB have no lag if the filesystem is the infamous RFS ? Maybe RFS isn't guilty ?
1st November 2010, 03:27 PM   |  #9  
Flag Aurora, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 2

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorselli

Using Galaxy TAB since two weeks and I can confirm no lag at all, Samsung Browser is terrible written software, but who needs ? Last Dolphin version is perfect on large display, and is very fast and smooth.

So, the question is: Why TAB have no lag if the filesystem is the infamous RFS ? Maybe RFS isn't guilty ?

Does anybody have the issue with Dolphin Hd 4 that if you go on this forum(via Tab, desktop or android mode doesnt matter) and you click on search thread, the keyboard close when you try to write in the drop menu?Doesn't happen with Skyfire....
1st November 2010, 04:16 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool76

Does anybody have the issue with Dolphin Hd 4 that if you go on this forum(via Tab, desktop or android mode doesnt matter) and you click on search thread, the keyboard close when you try to write in the drop menu?Doesn't happen with Skyfire....

Yes, I can confirm the issue...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread