DI18 update for non-stock files/kernels - *now with deodexed ROM!*

Search This thread

Firon

Aug 31, 2007
For those who removed stock files/apps and can't update with the normal update, here's a modified version that will work for you.

This update will not trash your recovery or root. You do not need a stock kernel for this update.
It will restore the required stock files/apps and update your modem from DI07 to DI18.

Update to DI18 - flashes new DI18 kernel
md5: ebfe0a1d4e59819a1fa35ff115f2b1b2
Update to DI18 - keeps existing kernel
md5: c686afd641f502bc88fc79796500592c

It's been tested on my phone and a few others and confirmed to be working. This also removes mobileAP i9000 modifications fully and restores stock build.prop (so you won't get the fingerprint assert).

DEODEXED ROM BELOW

Stock DI18 Deodexed FULL ROM update v3
This is a FULLY STOCK deodexed DI18 ROM update.zip! Flash with clockworkmod and you will get the -full- DI18, kernel and modem from DI18. It is not pre-rooted.
md5: f23c9fce3304145f0e8665a97dd1b863

Stock DI18 Deodexed FULL ROM update v3 *no kernel or modem*
md5: a54036b554b4ae8df20e5f685a88fcbd

Changes:
v3 - fix phone and camera FCs (thanks noobnl!)
v2 - removes existing .odex files and clears your dalvik-cache to solve FCs with various apps. If you flashed v1, you can fix it without reflashing
v1 - initial release

Use One click root 2.2.5 to root this ROM (w/ superuser support). I may post a pre-rooted ROM later.

*Additional Notes*
If you're on a fully stock ROM, then you don't need my update and can use the official Samsung DI18 update

Standalone DI18 modem updater, works regardless of what modem/baseband you have installed - md5: 4f897cf5a82d11926be68bd2594d0cf3
Standalone DI18 kernel updater, will flash stock DI18 kernel - md5: bb057a476af2e236cc34224c8b537226

Bluetooth will break if using non-DI18-based kernels. Upload speeds will not improve without a DI18-based kernel.

Last edited:

specialk0324

Aug 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
I can personally attest to this working. Still retained root. Still have Bose v2 and mixup running. Everything is exactly the same before the update. Thank you!!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Dude your awesome. This worked great and only added email and mobile ap. Didnt add anything else. Question tho can i still use noobnls rom with this new update or do i have to wait for a compatible one?

U need a donate button i would give u a few bucks for this. Now i expect a update like this every ota update lol jk. Great work bro. :)

id_twin

Nov 10, 2009
Denver, CO
Works like a charm. However, speeds didn't improve for me, and now it says my build is Tha Boss Rom - MixUp kernel. Even though I've never installed/flashed Boss. Nice work either way.

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
Just installed the update, and everything seems to be working fine. Is the Firmware version still supposed to read "2.1-update1"?

Works like a charm. However, speeds didn't improve for me, and now it says my build is Tha Boss Rom - MixUp kernel. Even though I've never installed/flashed Boss. Nice work either way.

Installing just the MixUp kernel will make it read that - the kernel was made custom for that ROM.

Firon

Aug 31, 2007
Just installed the update, and everything seems to be working fine. Is the Firmware version still supposed to read "2.1-update1"?

Firmware hasn't changed.

I'm gonna make a second version that also updates your kernel, since this update did actually bring a new kernel. But many of you probably wanna stick with your custom kernel, so I'll just offer both up.

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Firmware hasn't changed.

I'm gonna make a second version that also updates your kernel, since this update did actually bring a new kernel. But many of you probably wanna stick with your custom kernel, so I'll just offer both up.

Yep sticking with the fluff kernal its treat me well. :)
@Firon Do u know if i can still use noobnls andomedia rom with this new update, since its based off the d107?

Sep 20, 2010
Sorry to be a noobish bother, but am having a bit of trouble with this update. When I use the stock recovery mode to update, I get an error "E:signature verification failed Installation aborted."

What can I do to correct this? My phone is just rooted, no custom roms or kernels.

edonnelly

Oct 13, 2009
Sorry to be a noobish bother, but am having a bit of trouble with this update. When I use the stock recovery mode to update, I get an error "E:signature verification failed Installation aborted."

What can I do to correct this? My phone is just rooted, no custom roms or kernels.

Try the zip from the first post in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=796885

I was like you, rooted but no other changes. I just renamed that file to update.zip put it on my sd card and did a stock recovery. Worked perfectly and didn't affect root.

gobmonster

Jul 24, 2007
Well, this really sucks. I installed and now my stock music app wont open. It keeps force closing on launch..

I had music mod installed before i updated, and now i cant get it to run even after reinstalling.