I'm also a noob, but I figured it out.
1. download the other file on post #4. The "bundle."
2. open up windows explorer, if you're running windows, so you can open up the SD card. Make sure it's formatted in FAT32 (right click on the SD card in explorer and look through the properties, or just click "format."
3.unzip the bundle file, there should be a folder named "andboot" in it.
4. copy everything from "andboot" and copy it to the SD card.
5. Go into the folder, in all the junk you just copied, called Startup Config.
6. Find your model, "Topaz" and copy the statrup.txt file, not the other one.
7. Go back up to the top of the SD card and paste it there.
8. Disconnect the phone, and go in through file explorer and run the file Harnet.exe on the SD card.
It will take some time, but it should all boot up fine.
Watch the video, it should help, if not, ask more questions.
(it wouldn't let me post the link, so search youtube for TheDeadCPU and watch his video on XDAndroid 2.2)