5,597,084 Members 46,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DroidSans Fallback Indic Font Here

Tip us?
 
sridharrn
Old
(Last edited by sridharrn; 8th September 2013 at 06:08 AM.) Reason: update
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 140
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Cool DroidSans Fallback Indic Font Here

I have worked on the Indic fonts and came with one font which support most of the Indian languages which includes Hindi(Devanagari), Kannada, Bengali, Oriya, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi.

Find the Attached Zip containing DroidSansFallback.ttf, Replace your device's DroidSansFallback.ttf font with this.

Rooted Phone needed.


Note: Android still doesn't support them officially and don't include conjugate processing. Because of which the character rendering is not perfect, but readable.
Like "ಕ ನ್ನ ಡ" is rendered as "ಕ ನ್ ನ ಡ".
check the attachment for example

----------------------------------------------------------------
From 4.0 ICS, its very easy to add fonts

just push you font in /system/fonts folder
edit /etc/fallback-fonts.xml
add an xml node of your font.
restart

ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ.. ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಬಾಳ್ಗೆ, ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ಗೆ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAP201010031628.jpg
Views:	18611
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	412379  
Attached Files
File Type: zip DroidSansFallback.zip - [Click for QR Code] (309.9 KB, 30636 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sridharrn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
akshayadv
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 26
Join Date: Nov 2010
Dear Sridham..
Just one question, what is the original use of DroidSansFallback.ttf ??
Secondly, Galaxy S recent Froyo Update (DDJP6 ROM Supports Hindi, both on facebook and web pages). The font name is Droidhindi.ttf found in system\font directory.

Regards
 
nagagaya
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 122
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharrn View Post
I have worked on the Indic fonts and came with one font which support most of the Indian languages which includes Hindi(Devanagari), Kannada, Bengali, Oriya, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi.

Find the Attached Zip containing DroidSansFallback.ttf, Replace your device's DroidSansFallback.ttf font with this.

Rooted Phone needed.


Note: Android still doesn't support them officially and don't include conjugate processing. Because of which the character rendering is not perfect, but readable.
Like "ಕ ನ್ನ ಡ" is rendered as "ಕ ನ್ ನ ಡ".
check the attachment for example
Can i get for windows mobile 6.5 htc hd2
 
sridharrn
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 140
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayadv View Post
Dear Sridham..
Just one question, what is the original use of DroidSansFallback.ttf ??
Secondly, Galaxy S recent Froyo Update (DDJP6 ROM Supports Hindi, both on facebook and web pages). The font name is Droidhindi.ttf found in system\font directory.

Regards
DroidSansFallback supposed to contain all the language characters..
But its not complete yet..

Droidhindi.ttf!! its good news.
Haven't got my froyo yet need to work on it yet.

By the by can you share the Droidhindi.ttf font?

I heard there is some still doesn't render properly. Are you able to read hindi?
 
sridharrn
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 140
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagagaya View Post
Can i get for windows mobile 6.5 htc hd2
Yes, There is a method to do it.

You can use the same font, remap the SystemFont (Tahoma) to this font using regedit.

Sorry this is an Andriod thread. I will post a method in some windows thread shortly.
 
maanush
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2010
It's not rendering properly :(
 
sridharrn
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 140
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maanush View Post
It's not rendering properly :(
yes, thats what i explain in the note. But its readable.
 
susheelnamdeo
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 105
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default indian language pack

how to replace the font which is in system folder. myfiles does not show system files? File expert shows but does not replace? dual file and ghost file managers do not show system folders?? help!
 
pdev
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: May 2007
Any new development in this issue? I have googled infinitely and posted querry on xda forum. But no reply.
The Samsung and HTC must surely have solution. How can they not release the Hindi/Devenagarik language as open source. Its irony that open source platform like Android is stuck in language issue, while I thougth there are millions of Hindi speaking people around the world.
 
sridharrn
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 140
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Latest Samsung, Sony Ericsson firm wares do support

Latest Samsung, Sony Ericsson firmwares released in India, do support Devanagari and Bengali. But not yet officially from the Google.

For other languages the work around is what I Explained above.

Tags
hindi, indic, kannada, tamil, telugu
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes