Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

android wont boot

Tip us?

peruwan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default android wont boot

hi there i got the new [9/28 build] for htc touch pro2. i installed 2 times right now because when i want to boot it...it says andboot/ doesnt exist.

i got riddin of all the android files before i installed it.

btw cant find the default of start file...

greetings

ilikepu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
double check where your haret.exe is
IM LIKE HANS SOLO BUT STROKING MY OWN WOOKIEE

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,534

DONATE TO ME
Also, don't use the startup utility. I've found it's still not right... a few times it corrupted my startup.txt, and the update portion is still very broken.

peruwan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default screenshot

or maybe its the system.ext2 that i have to rename?

look i dont have it..in the attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Naamloos-1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	412947  

uncleswoop
Old
Thanks Meter 4
you rename the "startup.txt" to "default text". so when it gets to that haret screen, just press run and itll work.
you mite have to do it after a fresh install if your startup.txt if its size is at a 0.

peruwan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default am i a noob

mmm k but like ive shown on the attachment screenshot...i dont have a "startup.txt" i got system.ext2 file

cheers

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3,534

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by peruwan View Post
mmm k but like ive shown on the attachment screenshot...i dont have a "startup.txt" i got system.ext2 file

cheers
That's you're problem then. You need a startup.txt... it kinda tells haret where everything is & how to set the system up basically...

There should be a STARTUPS folder. Grab the startup for your device, put it where you run haret from.

peruwan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
That's you're problem then. You need a startup.txt... it kinda tells haret where everything is & how to set the system up basically...

There should be a STARTUPS folder. Grab the startup for your device, put it where you run haret from.
have you seen the screenshot on my last message i dont have such thing...i still got the backup from the older build is that a problem to copy paste?
WWW.STILOLOKO.COM LA PAGINA MAS LOKA DE EUROPA

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3,534

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by peruwan View Post
have you seen the screenshot on my last message i dont have such thing...i still got the backup from the older build is that a problem to copy paste?
I've seen your magical screenshot dude. I can't really see if that's the root of the SD or what, so that's why I mentioned a STARTUPS folder. Babijoee's builds used to have 'em, I think reef removed it so it wouldn't confuse people... You can reuse an old startup, just make sure that it's setup correctly. If it's not, it could cause issues. Which is why you may want to start over, why the heck do you not have a startup.txt?!?

peruwan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
theres no STARTUP file nor STARTUP folder in the root thats why ive shown the andboot/ ... ye there was a STARTUP file before i installed this build...

what kinda setup information should i put i got this one from the old

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 force_cdma=0 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=1 physkeyboard=rhod100_uk htc_hw.force_cdma=0 "
boot
WWW.STILOLOKO.COM LA PAGINA MAS LOKA DE EUROPA