Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

android wont boot

3rd October 2010, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

62 posts
hi there i got the new [9/28 build] for htc touch pro2. i installed 2 times right now because when i want to boot it...it says andboot/ doesnt exist.

i got riddin of all the android files before i installed it.

btw cant find the default of start file...

greetings
3rd October 2010, 09:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag hollywood Fl.
Thanks Meter: 2

313 posts
More
double check where your haret.exe is
4th October 2010, 12:39 AM   |  #3  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,551

11,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also, don't use the startup utility. I've found it's still not right... a few times it corrupted my startup.txt, and the update portion is still very broken.
4th October 2010, 08:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

62 posts
screenshot
or maybe its the system.ext2 that i have to rename?

look i dont have it..in the attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Naamloos-1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	412947  
4th October 2010, 09:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag Aliso Viejo
Thanks Meter: 4

151 posts
More
you rename the "startup.txt" to "default text". so when it gets to that haret screen, just press run and itll work.
you mite have to do it after a fresh install if your startup.txt if its size is at a 0.
4th October 2010, 09:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

62 posts
am i a noob
mmm k but like ive shown on the attachment screenshot...i dont have a "startup.txt" i got system.ext2 file

cheers
4th October 2010, 01:58 PM   |  #7  

11,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peruwan

mmm k but like ive shown on the attachment screenshot...i dont have a "startup.txt" i got system.ext2 file

cheers

That's you're problem then. You need a startup.txt... it kinda tells haret where everything is & how to set the system up basically...

There should be a STARTUPS folder. Grab the startup for your device, put it where you run haret from.
4th October 2010, 02:13 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

That's you're problem then. You need a startup.txt... it kinda tells haret where everything is & how to set the system up basically...

There should be a STARTUPS folder. Grab the startup for your device, put it where you run haret from.

have you seen the screenshot on my last message i dont have such thing...i still got the backup from the older build is that a problem to copy paste?
4th October 2010, 03:11 PM   |  #9  

11,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peruwan

have you seen the screenshot on my last message i dont have such thing...i still got the backup from the older build is that a problem to copy paste?

I've seen your magical screenshot dude. I can't really see if that's the root of the SD or what, so that's why I mentioned a STARTUPS folder. Babijoee's builds used to have 'em, I think reef removed it so it wouldn't confuse people... You can reuse an old startup, just make sure that it's setup correctly. If it's not, it could cause issues. Which is why you may want to start over, why the heck do you not have a startup.txt?!?
4th October 2010, 05:04 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

62 posts
theres no STARTUP file nor STARTUP folder in the root thats why ive shown the andboot/ ... ye there was a STARTUP file before i installed this build...

what kinda setup information should i put i got this one from the old

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 force_cdma=0 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=1 physkeyboard=rhod100_uk htc_hw.force_cdma=0 "
boot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread