Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 46,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 Shut off by itself this morning and won't turn on.

Tip us?

mrkev150
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default G2 Shut off by itself this morning and won't turn on.

Early this morning, I unplugged my G2 from the outlet before leaving to work. The damn thing just shut off and won't turn on again...

I tried the power button, the optical pad button+power, took out the battery and back in multiple times, many times plugged in and not plugged in.

What a POS phone, I mean we get a 1.3gb usable space not the advertised 4gb, it also "corrects" itself with a hidden mirror OS so it's very difficult to root, plus the damn loose hinges and the screen ribbon exposed when the hinges are fully opened, the screen also has a very subtle yellow hue, plus reports of random reboots, market problem where google goggles won't install, live wallpapers crashing and freezing up, and finally the POS just dying on me when I need it for work.

If you have a G2 with no problems (yeah right) then congrats. I'm really considering withdrawing from the extended contract and going with the iFail.

Sorry for the rant, just a little pissed off and the customer service lady was a real bitch.

gjvah
Old
Thanks Meter 40
ok

Samsung Galaxy SIII - Stock Rooted - Main Device
HTC One X - Stock / Returned to AT&T.
Nokia Lumia 900 - Stock - Secondary
HTC Sensation - ARHD - Backup
G2X - HellFire Sandwich ICS
G2 - MIUI
Nexus One - Vanilla
Treo 700wx, iPhone 3Gs, Nokia N72 - collecting dust.

mrkev150
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvah View Post
ok

Yup. Oh BTW. The e39 is also a POS.

Jon C
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You're not alone, man. Between this and the Vibrant headache, I fear my days with T-Mo are numbered. It was a fun decade, but it doesn't look as if they plan to change their course anytime soon.

Unless, of course, they want to start carrying the Desire HD?

We'll see what G2 #2 brings tomorrow. If it's more of the same problems, I will be a disappointed man.

Fuskand
Old
Thanks Meter 18
This happened to me too. But I managed to power it back on after fiddling with removing the battery.
Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!

Current Phone: GSM Galaxy Nexus!
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 16GB

joebobjoe
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah my g2 refused to turn on a couple of times now without taking out the battery and putting it back in.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

gjvah
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkev150 View Post
Yup. Oh BTW. The e39 is also a POS.
Sweet observation. You should stay away from both then.

Samsung Galaxy SIII - Stock Rooted - Main Device
HTC One X - Stock / Returned to AT&T.
Nokia Lumia 900 - Stock - Secondary
HTC Sensation - ARHD - Backup
G2X - HellFire Sandwich ICS
G2 - MIUI
Nexus One - Vanilla
Treo 700wx, iPhone 3Gs, Nokia N72 - collecting dust.

ericc191
Old
Thanks Meter 118
I don't blame you. T-Mobile's customer service has been **** for me too. First they tell me I can exchange it at the store only to have the store tell me no, sorry you have to ship it back. Then they make me pay for shipping, too. As far as the G2 goes, it broke while in my pocket, so no thanks. Maybe they'll rework the hinges soon. Otherwise, I'm just gonna use this crappy ass G1 until the Desire HD comes around.
My Optimized Honeycomb Wallpaper Packs

Current: AT&T HTC One X (White)
Backup: Still Deciding
Last Resort: Samsung Slider

tonyfate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
mines shut off this morning.. first, my on-screen Android Keyboard went missing.. so I shut it off, turned it back on. Then it asked me if I'd give access permission to Google App Engine?? Are they going to start monitoring my apps now?? Just asking? Don't know what that does.. anyways, so after that.. my G2 just sat there til I wen t to go check the time and my phone was off! tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't! So I took the battery out and rebooted. Its on now but this is the second time this week! And not to mention my hinges are starting to become an issue as well! Not cool! They need to bring the Desire HD over so I can replace my G2 with that!
-----------------------------------

G1 > Nexus One > G2 > Amaze 4G

fryrice8850
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah it happen to my g2 as well. This phone is really not making my android experience any good. tmo need to address these issues ASAP, and i work for them!!! im going to check the "known issues" on the g2 when i get into work 2mrow and see wat is up with this.

i suggest you all who is having these issues to give tmo a call so they have enough calls from customers to generate a ticket with HTC and lvl3 techs to address these issues. Just because tmo is not on these forums and reading about customers issues.