G2 Shut off by itself this morning and won't turn on.

8th October 2010, 03:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
Early this morning, I unplugged my G2 from the outlet before leaving to work. The damn thing just shut off and won't turn on again...

I tried the power button, the optical pad button+power, took out the battery and back in multiple times, many times plugged in and not plugged in.

What a POS phone, I mean we get a 1.3gb usable space not the advertised 4gb, it also "corrects" itself with a hidden mirror OS so it's very difficult to root, plus the damn loose hinges and the screen ribbon exposed when the hinges are fully opened, the screen also has a very subtle yellow hue, plus reports of random reboots, market problem where google goggles won't install, live wallpapers crashing and freezing up, and finally the POS just dying on me when I need it for work.

If you have a G2 with no problems (yeah right) then congrats. I'm really considering withdrawing from the extended contract and going with the iFail.

Sorry for the rant, just a little pissed off and the customer service lady was a real bitch.
8th October 2010, 03:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hollywood, CA
Thanks Meter: 40

163 posts
More
ok

8th October 2010, 03:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvah

ok

Yup. Oh BTW. The e39 is also a POS.
8th October 2010, 04:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 6

322 posts
More
You're not alone, man. Between this and the Vibrant headache, I fear my days with T-Mo are numbered. It was a fun decade, but it doesn't look as if they plan to change their course anytime soon.

Unless, of course, they want to start carrying the Desire HD?

We'll see what G2 #2 brings tomorrow. If it's more of the same problems, I will be a disappointed man.
8th October 2010, 04:56 AM   |  #5  
Flag 805
Thanks Meter: 18

221 posts
More
This happened to me too. But I managed to power it back on after fiddling with removing the battery.
8th October 2010, 05:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

154 posts
More
Yeah my g2 refused to turn on a couple of times now without taking out the battery and putting it back in.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
8th October 2010, 06:06 AM   |  #7  
Flag Hollywood, CA
Thanks Meter: 40

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkev150

Yup. Oh BTW. The e39 is also a POS.

Sweet observation. You should stay away from both then.
8th October 2010, 07:05 AM   |  #8  
Flag Davis, CA
Thanks Meter: 118

1,989 posts
More
I don't blame you. T-Mobile's customer service has been **** for me too. First they tell me I can exchange it at the store only to have the store tell me no, sorry you have to ship it back. Then they make me pay for shipping, too. As far as the G2 goes, it broke while in my pocket, so no thanks. Maybe they'll rework the hinges soon. Otherwise, I'm just gonna use this crappy ass G1 until the Desire HD comes around.
8th October 2010, 03:00 PM   |  #9  
Flag Mill City

30 posts
More
mines shut off this morning.. first, my on-screen Android Keyboard went missing.. so I shut it off, turned it back on. Then it asked me if I'd give access permission to Google App Engine?? Are they going to start monitoring my apps now?? Just asking? Don't know what that does.. anyways, so after that.. my G2 just sat there til I wen t to go check the time and my phone was off! tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't! So I took the battery out and rebooted. Its on now but this is the second time this week! And not to mention my hinges are starting to become an issue as well! Not cool! They need to bring the Desire HD over so I can replace my G2 with that!
8th October 2010, 03:25 PM   |  #10  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 4

209 posts
More
Yeah it happen to my g2 as well. This phone is really not making my android experience any good. tmo need to address these issues ASAP, and i work for them!!! im going to check the "known issues" on the g2 when i get into work 2mrow and see wat is up with this.

i suggest you all who is having these issues to give tmo a call so they have enough calls from customers to generate a ticket with HTC and lvl3 techs to address these issues. Just because tmo is not on these forums and reading about customers issues.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread