OP Caspers25

8th October 2010, 07:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area,Ca
Thanks Meter: 0

254 posts
More
what do you think i should use?

i dont know which is better,what do you prefer?

how do i switch from clockwork mod recovery to Amon Ra anyways?
8th October 2010, 07:57 AM   |  #2  

20 posts
The choice essentially boils down to personal preference. Amon-ra arguably has a nicer looking interface (I prefer it at any rate), while Clockwork integrates with Rom Manager. I currently have Amon-ra installed. You can flash Amon-ra from Rom Manager; the menu entry near the bottom should say "flash alternate recovery".

Another feature of Clockwork is that it allows the user to navigate through subdirectories to select the zip file to flash. Not a killer feature for me, but I'm not everyone.
8th October 2010, 08:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area,Ca

254 posts
More
Well that's not what to has at the bottom. It says ra something but the doesn't say amon ra recovery. Is amon ra recovery the alternative recovery? Hm, I have no idea how to do this. Help?

Sent from my HTC EVO
8th October 2010, 08:40 AM   |  #4  

44 posts
Stick with Amon, I don't think clockwork backs up the Wimax flash partition which is pretty big since people seem to be messing up their wimax radios/settings.
8th October 2010, 09:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area,Ca

254 posts
More
I don't even know how to get an amon ra recovery on my phone.

Sent from my HTC EVO
8th October 2010, 09:43 AM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,521

6,772 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ive been using amon_ra since I rooted and it's done me good so far. You can find a link to amon_ra's thread in my sig.
8th October 2010, 10:13 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

71 posts
Install rom manager from the market. Then just press the flash alternate recovery. It should install
Amon's recovery. If that option is greyed out, install clockwork first, then the option to install the alternate recovery should be able to be selected.
8th October 2010, 11:28 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers25

what do you think i should use?

i dont know which is better,what do you prefer?

how do i switch from clockwork mod recovery to Amon Ra anyways?

You surely realize that you are asking a simple question in the Development forum, right?

You do realize there is a forum for questions, right? It's called ....... Evo 4G Q&A.

You do realize you are taking up someone's valuable time and making them MOVE YOUR post to the correct forum, when as a adult (?) you should have been able to do that in the first place, when you created the post.

Please... have some respect for these forums, create your posts in the appropriate forum, it's really not that hard to do.

Oh, wait I take all this back.....Your nym sounded familiar so went back and saw some of your posts to see why it rang a bell.

You're the guy with questions such as

Cm6, what is it?
Does unrevoked forever come with Nandroid?
Does anyone know how to do a nand backup?

Dude, you really should just stop creating any new posts and READ. Every question you've asked, are questions that should have been answered by doing the most basic of reading, BEFORE you even root your phone.
Last edited by poolphreak; 8th October 2010 at 11:40 AM.
8th October 2010, 01:35 PM   |  #9  

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolphreak

You surely realize that you are asking a simple question in the Development forum, right?

You do realize there is a forum for questions, right? It's called ....... Evo 4G Q&A.

You do realize you are taking up someone's valuable time and making them MOVE YOUR post to the correct forum, when as a adult (?) you should have been able to do that in the first place, when you created the post.

Please... have some respect for these forums, create your posts in the appropriate forum, it's really not that hard to do.

Oh, wait I take all this back.....Your nym sounded familiar so went back and saw some of your posts to see why it rang a bell.

You're the guy with questions such as

Cm6, what is it?
Does unrevoked forever come with Nandroid?
Does anyone know how to do a nand backup?

Dude, you really should just stop creating any new posts and READ. Every question you've asked, are questions that should have been answered by doing the most basic of reading, BEFORE you even root your phone.

thank GOD we have mods like YOU to make this a better posting experience
stalk much?
8th October 2010, 01:35 PM   |  #10  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 424

2,942 posts
More
^^This guy is RIGHT!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread