Post Reply

[DEV] unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot V1 (RELEASE:TBA)

OP unCoRrUpTeD

8th October 2010, 08:32 PM   |  #1  
unCoRrUpTeD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 235
 
1,703 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot V1

COMING SOON


Head on over to the official thread for unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot >>>>>>>> Dual Boot
Last edited by unCoRrUpTeD; 27th April 2011 at 05:41 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2010, 08:32 PM   |  #2  
unCoRrUpTeD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 235
 
1,703 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Reserved for no reason at all.
Maybe i can find a use for it
Last edited by unCoRrUpTeD; 26th November 2010 at 04:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2010, 08:53 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Shawnee, ks
Thanks Meter: 31
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by unCoRrUpTeD

Reserved for future use

HELL YEA!!! been waiting for this man..you are awsome! look forward to the release with anticipation. I did want to ask..whats a sufficient Micro Sd card to you(size wise)? i currently have a 2gb with about 1gb left would that be enough or should i go buy a 4gb?
Last edited by t12icky0; 8th October 2010 at 09:02 PM.
8th October 2010, 09:10 PM   |  #4  
pwachleman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Thumbs up
+1 on this, will be really useful! Thanks for your work!
8th October 2010, 09:22 PM   |  #5  
unCoRrUpTeD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 235
 
1,703 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t12icky0

HELL YEA!!! been waiting for this man..you are awsome! look forward to the release with anticipation. I did want to ask..whats a sufficient Micro Sd card to you(size wise)? i currently have a 2gb with about 1gb left would that be enough or should i go buy a 4gb?

I currently have the partitions for /system and /data set as 200Mb. i am going to try and add on more for /cache, but I am looking into making it as small as possible, since many would not be installing a lot of extra apps. It could be as small as 330Mb total.
The Following User Says Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2010, 10:19 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Shawnee, ks
Thanks Meter: 31
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
so will i need that APPS2SD thing for this?
8th October 2010, 10:36 PM   |  #7  
unCoRrUpTeD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 235
 
1,703 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t12icky0

so will i need that APPS2SD thing for this?

No. I will have instructions on setting up your sdcard
Right now my script is linux based. I'm not sure how much can be done with a batch script, but it will direct you in what you will need to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2010, 10:42 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Shawnee, ks
Thanks Meter: 31
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by unCoRrUpTeD

No. I will have instructions on setting up your sdcard
Right now my script is linux based. I'm not sure how much can be done with a batch script, but it will direct you in what you will need to do.

sweet..your the man..cant wait!
8th October 2010, 10:48 PM   |  #9  
obsanity's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 425
 
1,737 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
One important thing I would like to propose here for the developer is a "standard" location somewhere on the SD card which would keep all the common data such as contacts, recent sms, call logs, etc. so that multi boot environment can share data without loss or duplicates.

In other words, boot to CM6 tonight and in two days when you decide to go back to stock ROM, all your sms, phone calls and such are picked up right where you left them in CM6 and vice versa.

Other than that, this sounds like an awesome thing. Can't wait to have the phone boot one ROM for Monday, another for Tuesday, and another for Wednesday and another...
8th October 2010, 10:54 PM   |  #10  
s0be's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 425
 
707 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsanity

One important thing I would like to propose here for the developer is a "standard" location somewhere on the SD card which would keep all the common data such as contacts, recent sms, call logs, etc. so that multi boot environment can share data without loss or duplicates.

In other words, boot to CM6 tonight and in two days when you decide to go back to stock ROM, all your sms, phone calls and such are picked up right where you left them in CM6 and vice versa.

Other than that, this sounds like an awesome thing. Can't wait to have the phone boot one ROM for Monday, another for Tuesday, and another for Wednesday and another...

Not really possible. Different rom versions (2.1 vs 2.2) store the data in different formats. You'll have to rely on something like titanium backup to handle it.

The Following User Says Thank You to s0be For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual booting, sd card
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes