Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot V1 (RELEASE:TBA)

Tip us?

unCoRrUpTeD
Old
(Last edited by unCoRrUpTeD; 27th April 2011 at 05:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Default [DEV] unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot V1 (RELEASE:TBA)

unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot V1

COMING SOON

Head on over to the official thread for unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot >>>>>>>> Dual Boot
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

unCoRrUpTeD
Old
(Last edited by unCoRrUpTeD; 26th November 2010 at 04:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Reserved for no reason at all.
Maybe i can find a use for it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t12icky0
Old
(Last edited by t12icky0; 8th October 2010 at 09:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by unCoRrUpTeD View Post
Reserved for future use
HELL YEA!!! been waiting for this man..you are awsome! look forward to the release with anticipation. I did want to ask..whats a sufficient Micro Sd card to you(size wise)? i currently have a 2gb with about 1gb left would that be enough or should i go buy a 4gb?

pwachleman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
+1 on this, will be really useful! Thanks for your work!

unCoRrUpTeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by t12icky0 View Post
HELL YEA!!! been waiting for this man..you are awsome! look forward to the release with anticipation. I did want to ask..whats a sufficient Micro Sd card to you(size wise)? i currently have a 2gb with about 1gb left would that be enough or should i go buy a 4gb?
I currently have the partitions for /system and /data set as 200Mb. i am going to try and add on more for /cache, but I am looking into making it as small as possible, since many would not be installing a lot of extra apps. It could be as small as 330Mb total.
The Following User Says Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t12icky0
Old
Thanks Meter 30
so will i need that APPS2SD thing for this?

unCoRrUpTeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by t12icky0 View Post
so will i need that APPS2SD thing for this?
No. I will have instructions on setting up your sdcard
Right now my script is linux based. I'm not sure how much can be done with a batch script, but it will direct you in what you will need to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to unCoRrUpTeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t12icky0
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by unCoRrUpTeD View Post
No. I will have instructions on setting up your sdcard
Right now my script is linux based. I'm not sure how much can be done with a batch script, but it will direct you in what you will need to do.
sweet..your the man..cant wait!

obsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 425
One important thing I would like to propose here for the developer is a "standard" location somewhere on the SD card which would keep all the common data such as contacts, recent sms, call logs, etc. so that multi boot environment can share data without loss or duplicates.

In other words, boot to CM6 tonight and in two days when you decide to go back to stock ROM, all your sms, phone calls and such are picked up right where you left them in CM6 and vice versa.

Other than that, this sounds like an awesome thing. Can't wait to have the phone boot one ROM for Monday, another for Tuesday, and another for Wednesday and another...

s0be
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 425

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsanity View Post
One important thing I would like to propose here for the developer is a "standard" location somewhere on the SD card which would keep all the common data such as contacts, recent sms, call logs, etc. so that multi boot environment can share data without loss or duplicates.

In other words, boot to CM6 tonight and in two days when you decide to go back to stock ROM, all your sms, phone calls and such are picked up right where you left them in CM6 and vice versa.

Other than that, this sounds like an awesome thing. Can't wait to have the phone boot one ROM for Monday, another for Tuesday, and another for Wednesday and another...
Not really possible. Different rom versions (2.1 vs 2.2) store the data in different formats. You'll have to rely on something like titanium backup to handle it.

The Following User Says Thank You to s0be For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
dual booting, sd card