5,604,507 Members 46,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G2 won't connect to cell network after unlocking

Tip us?

guhl99
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Default logcat of radio from boot on

Attached you can find the logcats of radio from boot on.

The lc_radio.txt has been created with the PIN-input enabled, the other one with the PIN-input disabled.

Could somebody please do the same thing with a phone that still registers on a network? (of course it would be best with an unlocked phone, but also a normal T-Mobile registration would be interesting)

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt lc_radio.txt - [Click for QR Code] (70.2 KB, 108 views)
File Type: txt lc_radio_nopin.txt - [Click for QR Code] (51.4 KB, 59 views)

bluemoko
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Mine too, now all the way from eBay to me and the unlock block network signal >.<

Already try flash original IMG but nothing change..

jashsu
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by guhl99 View Post
Could somebody please do the same thing with a phone that still registers on a network? (of course it would be best with an unlocked phone, but also a normal T-Mobile registration would be interesting)

Here's a log of an unlocked G2 connecting to T-Mo US from init to a stable state. I edited out my personal data with tildes. An eleven tilde redaction indicates a phone number. Fifteen tilde redactions are IMEI. "310260~~~~~~~~~" are IMSI. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt lc_radio.txt - [Click for QR Code] (77.5 KB, 67 views)

gpou
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashsu View Post
Here's a log of an unlocked G2 connecting to T-Mo US from init to a stable state. I edited out my personal data with tildes. An eleven tilde redaction indicates a phone number. Fifteen tilde redactions are IMEI. "310260~~~~~~~~~" are IMSI. Hope it helps.
Does anybody know where the file holding info about cid and mcc mnc is located in android filesystem. Maybe this file corrupted after unlocking.

bluemoko
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpou View Post
Does anybody know where the file holding info about cid and mcc mnc is located in android filesystem. Maybe this file corrupted after unlocking.
I don't think is is about the corrupt file. Since after I unlock and lose cell connection I have find a complete ROM and flash it on top and nothing change. The phone still not function.

Right now I just hope that the solution is in some area we can touch or flash. Not deep down in some un-flashable or sign with some special key.

jashsu
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
The CID information is probably held in the baseband's storage. MCC/MNC info is held in a variety of places, but the one you are missing is also likely in the baseband.

I'm wondering if it isn't a problem with your sim cards. Could you guys try using a T-mo US sim and checking logcat?

gpou
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The CID information is probably held in the baseband's storage. MCC/MNC info is held in a variety of places, but the one you are missing is also likely in the baseband.

I'm wondering if it isn't a problem with your sim cards. Could you guys try using a T-mo US sim and checking logcat?
The logcat provided is with a T-mo sim.
Also after talking with the htc suport through their ticketing system they didnt help me at all. all they could do is offer me advices of how to hard reset my device.
Anyway the baseband files is in the filesystem??
Can we see or modify them through ADB?

gpou
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoko View Post
I don't think is is about the corrupt file. Since after I unlock and lose cell connection I have find a complete ROM and flash it on top and nothing change. The phone still not function.

Right now I just hope that the solution is in some area we can touch or flash. Not deep down in some un-flashable or sign with some special key.
Apparently the problem is a corrupted baseband file. I believe that tha firmware we have just hasn't that files

jashsu
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
The logcat provided is with a T-mo sim.
Also after talking with the htc suport through their ticketing system they didnt help me at all. all they could do is offer me advices of how to hard reset my device.
Anyway the baseband files is in the filesystem??
Can we see or modify them through ADB?
It is not in the Linux filesystem at all. All the stuff pertaining to the radio (including the storage of settings like CID and subsidy lock) are controlled and stored by the baseband processor and baseband software (collectively known as the "radio").

gpou
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
It is not in the Linux filesystem at all. All the stuff pertaining to the radio (including the storage of settings like CID and subsidy lock) are controlled and stored by the baseband processor and baseband software (collectively known as the "radio").
So unless we get a new radio update its difficult to do something