5,604,730 Members 33,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zune 4.7 Download - WP7 Marketplace Live

Tip us?

prjkthack
Old
(Last edited by prjkthack; 11th October 2010 at 11:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Default Zune 4.7 Download - WP7 Marketplace Live

Just in case anyone was wondering, the Zune client has been updated to 4.7. I don't see any live download links, looks like you need to already have the Zune software installed, and it'll auto-check for updates.

Some nice changes, and the Marketplace for Windows Phone 7 is also live so you can take a look at some of the apps currently available. This just gets me real excited.

That being said, anyone wonder why the Marketplace would be open when no devices are even available. I wonder if devices will be available sooner than we think...

Update: It looks like apps keep getting added and added as time moves on. There were only a handful of apps 10 minutes ago, and now there are a bunch more.

Update 2: Download link! The FULL Zune Client 4.7 package.
prjkthack
Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, iPhone 5s
Microsoft Surface Pro 128GB
Retired: Helio Ocean, HTC Touch Pro, HTC HD2, HTC EVO 4G, HTC HD7, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC HD7S, HTC One X, HP Veer 4G, HTC TITAN, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC Droid DNA

Windows Phone Expert / Development

Aerik
Old
(Last edited by Aerik; 11th October 2010 at 02:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Wow, good discovery. Updating now.
edit: Whats strange is a lot of the apps are already reviewed. I dont get it o.o

prjkthack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerik View Post
Wow, good discovery. Updating now.
edit: Whats strange is a lot of the apps are already reviewed. I dont get it o.o
Well technically the phone has been in testing/use for months now, so i'm sure those reviews are all from internal testers, developers, and the lucky few who get to test out these devices.
prjkthack
Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, iPhone 5s
Microsoft Surface Pro 128GB
Retired: Helio Ocean, HTC Touch Pro, HTC HD2, HTC EVO 4G, HTC HD7, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC HD7S, HTC One X, HP Veer 4G, HTC TITAN, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC Droid DNA

Windows Phone Expert / Development

Omega Ra
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
awesome, I will be upgrading my software tonight after work There will be phones available in the US on AT&T by Nov 8 and sooner in Europe I believe.

Froggenstein
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone have any word on how the Zune software will check it's location? I have a US Zune Pass for my Zune 80 but I'm currently living in the Netherlands (the pass is run on my American bank account). To get the Zune marketplace to show on my desktop I had to set my computer location in Windows to US.

Now the big question is: will a WP7 phone just believe my american hotmail or will it do some nasty IP checks or SIM code checks? I would love to have my Zune account directly connected to my phone, so I'm guessing this will be the deal breaker for me.

emuneee
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
Well technically the phone has been in testing/use for months now, so i'm sure those reviews are all from internal testers, developers, and the lucky few who get to test out these devices.
Yep, got my developer device today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

tboy2000
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Not many apps on the marketplace. How are they suddenly going to have 2000 apps (as stated) on the app store by launch date next week? Confused.

Unlocked Samsung Ativ S
Dell Venue 8 Pro 64gb Windows 8.1
Dell Inspiron One 2320 AIO (QuadCore i7-2600S 2.80GHz, 8gig Ram, 2TB HD) Windows 8.1

*List of WP8 Apps & Games at Full Screen Resolution, No Black Bars*

*My Surface Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*My Leo Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*Make your own HD2 self-contained Kickstand*

br403
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No worries, there are still testing...think about the Netflix, IMDB, Ebay, twitter apps, they are all announced and not there. I think we will see much more 21st ongoing...

Iridox
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
Not many apps on the marketplace. How are they suddenly going to have 2000 apps (as stated) on the app store by launch date next week? Confused.
Many of the apps are still going through the curation process.

vangrieg
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Hmm, how do you see the apps? Do you have a device connected?