G2 OTA Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Stryf3

Nov 12, 2007
SoCal
I am not seeing any real info on the OTA update. I got it this afternoon. I have noticed so far

- Wifi calling
- Hotspot capability
- Can now update Goggles

funkeee

May 25, 2010
Really ? Can someone provide instructions on how to upload it. This could be very useful for the root cause. We all called the other guy for trolling. Did a mod delete that thread?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Fuskand

Oct 12, 2009
I have anecdotal evidence from other websites claiming to be receiving an OTA update.

EfemaN

Oct 12, 2010
You're kidding me... I returned my G2 because I get terrible signal indoors on campus, and I couldn't live without my BB's UMA so I figured I'd wait until it was enabled. The tards on the phone and in the store said it's looking closer to December for the release...

EDIT: Err... that was a useless post. I hope the updates become widespread; I'll definitely rush back to get the phone.

Last edited:

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
If this is real.... this could be big for getting perm. root available. Either way the tether option is sweet! Did the radio version change anyone? My G2 is off and charging right now... My signal is crap compared with my MTS. Really need a newer radio version.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
You're kidding me... I returned my G2 because I get terrible signal indoors on campus, and I couldn't live without my BB's UMA so I figured I'd wait until it was enabled. The tards on the phone and in the store said it's looking closer to December for the release...

That's what you get for I having no patience.... sorry! I had to say it:p
I'm glad I kept mine. But I had no other choice for an android qwerty.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Isn't there usually a code to force updates or am I mistaken on this?

I was thinking there was but there is a section in "About phone" for system updates. Mine says up to date but I guess thats if you missed your prompt or something...

Sorry for 4 posts in a row but... I'm just excited! Dude, this better be real or I'm fly to Cali and ***** slap you. Ha! Seriously, though.... thanks for the info!

acis

Oct 13, 2009
I was thinking there was but there is a section in "About phone" for system updates. Mine says up to date but I guess thats if you missed your prompt or something...

Right but I think there is a USSD code for forcing an actual check for OTA updates that are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts