[MOD][S-OFF] AOSP Based ROM Custom MTD Partitions Nexus One - Easy Flash/Patch
This recovery & patch allow installation of AOSP based ROM (CyanogenMod/OpenDesire/DeFrost) with partition sizes set to match that of Nexus One.
No more need for Apps2SD hacks!
It is very easy to install, however requires security to be disabled on your device (S-OFF in FASTBOOT).
Steps to install:
1. Download AOSP Based ROM to your SD card.
2. Download nexified-boot-patch-v1.0.0-bravo.zip
to your SD card.
3. Reboot in Fastboot
4. Fastboot flash recovery nexified-recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-bravo.img
5. Reboot into recovery
6. Wipe data/factory reset
7. Flash ROM
8. Flash nexified-boot-patch-v1.0.0-bravo.zip
9. Reboot & Enjoy
Both the recovery, and the boot patch, have kernel cmdline:
Advantage is more space on DATA, whilst keeping phone as close to AOSP as possible. Nexus One is current developer phone, and it's partition sizes are 145MB for system, 197MB for data, 95MB for cache, same as what this patch achieves. Meaning your phone is as close to Android/AOSP as Google intended.
The patch also removes "dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1" from build.prop which places dalvik-cache on the cache partition as per AOSP.
I have done this to my phone and am personally very happy with it, I have restored all my apps and still have 70MB free in data, and dalvik-cache resides in cache.
My current partitions are:
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 208092 0 208092 0% /dev
tmpfs 208092 0 208092 0% /mnt/asec
/dev/block/mtdblock3 148480 118376 30104 80% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock5 202368 130124 72244 64% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock4 97280 46536 50744 48% /cache
7431564 5484240 1947324 74% /mnt/sdcard
7431564 5484240 1947324 74% /mnt/secure/asec
/dev/block/dm-0 3124 1504 1620 48% /mnt/asec/com.google.android.stardroid-1
Do not flash radio via recovery, only via fastboot. You should not be flashing radio via recovery anyway, it is strongly discouraged.
- AlphaRev - for bringing S-OFF to HTC Desire
- Firerat - for the original mtd patch which I learned a lot from.
- Lbcoder - for the initial information on how to modify partitions via kernel commands, i learned a lot from him as well.
- Skraw ( CM forums ) - for getting lbcoder interested
- Koush - for AnyKernel
- Cyanogen & Co - for giving us all such great ROMs to play with
- Amon_RA and Koush - for giving us something to patch
- Kali- for porting CM6 to Desire thanks a bunch
I am doing this to try and spark further interest in this, in the hopes that other developers may improve on it, as the default partition sizes on the desire are crap.
How to uninstall / set partitions back to normal:
Boot into Fastboot
Fastboot flash standard/unmodified clockwork recovery or amon_ra
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash ROM & Reboot