HOW TO: Flash Voodoo Kernels and more... <LOOK HERE FIRST
Ok...I know this can be a complicated process if you run into issues...so here is a detailed how to...Make sure and READ thru the WHOLE post!!!!!
1. ROOT, Flash CWM Recovery
2. Create a FULL nandroid backup
3. Download a kernel of choice - links below
4. Put the kernel on root of sd, or you can leave it in download folder, but DON'T rename the file
5. Boot into Clockwork MOD recovery (either from ROM Manager or manually- hold volume up and down at same time and press power button, then select "apply sdcard: update.zip"
6. In recovery select "Install zip from sd card"
7. Select "Choose zip from sd card"
8. Navigate to the kernel file and select it
9. Let it install, it will take a few minutes...screen will go weird (black with big blue letters) then take you back to recovery.
10. Reboot phone
IMPORTANT: THIS BOOT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME...MAY BE 5-25 MINUTES...WAIT IT OUT. DO NOT PULL BATTERY. EVEN IF IT IS AT A BLACK SCREEN WITH SOFT KEYS LIT UP, DO NOT TOUCH IT. YOU WILL HEAR FEMALE VOICE. THIS IS NORMAL.
11. Once phone boots, download SetCPU from market and set the slider to desired Max. Do not select "Set on boot" and use Conservative mode.
- jt1134 - [RELEASE] Voodoo (v0.2) ext4 lagfix for Fascinate! Now with AOSP boot animations!
- Dirrk - [KERNEL] Dirrk v01 Voodoo lagfix OC/UV
- For Dirrk OC kernels, use the D012 kernels, not D01: D012 - Dirrk
> Open the link>select my folder>the samsung and you will see the D012 kernels...
***If you are using jt1134 kernels with boot animation ability, here is how to add it. Find the boot animation you like, download it to your phone. Do not unzip it. Use Root Explorer or Astro File Manager and copy the bootanimation.zip file into either system/media or data/local. Reboot phone to test out.
HOW TO DISABLE VOODOO LAGFIX
1. Use Astro File Manager or Root Explorer app...open the app
2. Navigate to sdcard/Voodoo folder
3. Create a new blank FILE named disable_lagfix....NOT A FOLDER
4. Reboot phone
IMPROTANT: THIS BOOT WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER THAN THE INSTALLATION OF VOODOO KERNEL BOOT...AGAIN, WAIT IT OUT!!!!! DO NOT PULL BATTERY.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE RUNNING ANY OF VOODOO KERNELS, VERSION 0.2+, YOU CAN FLASH ANY OF THE VOODOO OC KERNELS OVER...INCLUDING JT'S OVER DIRRK'S AND VICE VERSA...IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO A REGULAR KERNEL, YOU MUST DISABLE VOODOO FIRST...ALSO IF YOU WANT TO CREATE A FULL NANDROID BACKUP AS WELL, YOU MUST DISABLE VOODOO LAGFIX. IF YOU BACKUP WITH VOODOO ENABLED, YOUR DATA WILL NOT BACKUP. IF YOU RESTORE YOUR NANDROID BACKUP, THE KERNELS ARE NOT RESTORED.
If you ran into trouble, start HERE:
- Adrynalyne - How to completely remove Voodoo Lagfix
- Odin Files to get you back to stock
-Battery issue can be because your phone is too hot...pull battery and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes...then boot up and see if its there.
-IF uninstalling v0.1, create a FILE in sdcard/voodoo and NOT a folder...
-Once uninstalled v0.1, DELETE the disable_lagfix file, before flashing v0.2...
-Boots take may FOREVER
in between changes, especially after uninstalling.....WAIT it out. It may be 5 minutes, may be 15. Don't start pulling batteries and using Odin just yet.
-READ all instructions carefully and FULLY....
-And lastly, ALWAYS do a nandroid backup.