Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unrevoked 3.21 and displayed version of Clockwork

Tip us?

STrooperTK421
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Post [Q] Unrevoked 3.21 and displayed version of Clockwork

I'm pretty new to this, but I DID search around and I didn't see anything so...

I have a rooted Aria, I followed the instruction on using Unrevoked 3.21 and all went well after some driver "issues". However, my version of Clockwork is only 2.5.0.1 - I thought Unrevoked 3.21 put version 2.5.0.7?

I also noticed in the menu that there is an option that says apply sdcard:update.zip, what is this for?

Colomonster
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Download rom manager from the market... that is clockwork mods offical app and will get you up to date

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
HTC dINC
MI
UI //MIUI.US
S-OFF Forever optional
//thanks unrEVOked team
ClockWork Recovery //Thanks CWM team
//Shout to ManUp456 digitalstylewars.com 203 indahaus

STrooperTK421
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Well thank you for helping me out with my question! I will do that as soon as possible.

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrooperTK421 View Post
I'm pretty new to this, but I DID search around and I didn't see anything so...

I have a rooted Aria, I followed the instruction on using Unrevoked 3.21 and all went well after some driver "issues". However, my version of Clockwork is only 2.5.0.1 - I thought Unrevoked 3.21 put version 2.5.0.7?

I also noticed in the menu that there is an option that says apply sdcard:update.zip, what is this for?
ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 was for a different platform. For the Aria, 2.5.0.1 is the most recent ClockworkMod version.

The option "Apply sdcard:update.zip" means that if you copy a file to the sdcard and name it update.zip, you can have ClockworkMod flash it.

Regards,

Tom

22-40
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrooperTK421 View Post
However, my version of Clockwork is only 2.5.0.1 - I thought Unrevoked 3.21 put version 2.5.0.7?
You can download ClockworkMod 2.5.1.0 and 2.5.1.1 for the Aria by selecting the "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" option in Rom Manager (at the very bottom). These are experimental-only at this time, however. As mentioned previously, 2.5.0.1 is current for this phone.

shubhamkothari87
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
I hav a wildfire....
I was rooting my phone with unrevoked3, but in d end it said ""rooting failed.Is your firmware too new.""

Wats d problem.....???????
Pls help..!!!!

zervic
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamkothari87 View Post
I hav a wildfire....
I was rooting my phone with unrevoked3, but in d end it said ""rooting failed.Is your firmware too new.""

Wats d problem.....???????
Pls help..!!!!
first problem is probably that you're in the HTC Aria section lol...have you checked the wildfire section?