[App] Mobile Currency Converter v1.6

Search This thread
G

GuestK00104

I have created a simple currency converter application with HTC Sense Interface Style.
Exchange rate downloaded from Yahoo! Finance. Downloaded exchange rate cache for user specified period.
All suggestions are welcomed.

Tips:
Do you really need all 153 currencies code supported by Yahoo!?
If not, copy the CurrencyList.csv from the application directory and trim down the file to suit your needs.
This can speed up the startup time too.

Thank you very much eboelzner shared his Sense Interface SDK.
This application is built upon Sense Interface SDK.

Thank you very much the AlphaMobileControls at CodePlex.

Thank you very much stickfigure design the application icon.

Changelog:
  • v1.0 - 13-Oct-2010
    * Initial Release
  • v1.1 - 25-Oct-2010
    * [Bugfix] Exception w/ message "Value cannot be null."
    * [Request] Exchange Conversion Currencies
  • v1.2 - 07-Dec-2010
    * [Bugfix] Incorrect Exchange Rate for some Currencies
  • v1.3 - 28-Jan-2011
    * [Request] Localization for Traditional Chinese
    * [Request] Localization for French
    * [Request] Localization for German
  • v1.4 - 02-Feb-2011
    * [Feature] Language Selector in Settings
  • v1.5 - 06-Feb-2011
    * [Bugfix] Exception w/ message PlatformNotSupportedException
    * [Request] Localization for Indonesian
  • v1.6 - 25-Feb-2011
    * [Request] Localization for Spanish
    * [Request] Localization for Russian
    * [Request] Change Exchange Button to Icon
    * [Request] Update Exchange Rate in Action Menu
    * [Feature] Clear Cache function in Action Menu
    * [Feature] No Cache option in Cache Expiration settings

Prerequisite:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
4581a9c7702a881b910aaac597bcd4ede984fc070c6a4945b0f6d36cf89313d66g.jpg
ec9def4d35c476a2cbbe01b6f0c47db858ee730c27c61b6a2a5a41789a539c3c6g.jpg
6361dfd8b0a64ccdd62c2f16657dc58bcf963a00d8815ea7186e89748cba3cdd6g.jpg

Last edited:

Homer-S

Aug 30, 2006
works fine on my HD2

could you maybe add the calculation in both directions at the same time

eur - $

$ - eur

otherwise you have to scroll so many times to have both informations

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
This could be really great if it would be possible to choose more currencies to convert, between 4-6 dependening on available space on the screen, just like the Windows Vista/7 currency gadget
Can you please add this??

slicer

Aug 18, 2008
CAMBRAI
Really nice app ! Thanks a lot.
Can I make two suggestions ? :
- an Invert button, next to the submit one, to add the possibility of inverting the currency,
- possibility to translate the app.

Great job !

hallauers

Jun 14, 2007
Doesn't work on HD2 with Elegancia v5 ROM

Get failure message from the .NET Framework. When trying to the 3.5 version referenced with the tool I get a message stating that a newer version is already installed.

G

GuestK00104

Get failure message from the .NET Framework. When trying to the 3.5 version referenced with the tool I get a message stating that a newer version is already installed.

I think .NET Compact Framework has been installed on your device.
If you're using cooked ROM, it may be cooked into the ROM.

ys222

Jun 18, 2008
Tel Aviv
some suggestions

Really nice app ! Thanks a lot.
Can I make two suggestions ? :
- an Invert button, next to the submit one, to add the possibility of inverting the currency,
- possibility to translate the app.

Great job !

Agree with all the above :)
1. option to have the Scroll more faster/ smoother
2. Option to search the currency by key type
3. option to remember last 3 uses (like in Babylon)
there are some minor stability bugs related to the fact that he doesn't connected to network, but I'm sure that you already aware of those

Tann San

Feb 8, 2010
Hi, I really like your app, I've been waiting for a nice free currency convertor for ages. I live in the UK but do most of my work in Sweden so the three currencies I use are Swedish Krona (SEK), British Pounds (GBP) and Euros (EUR). So this morning I invoiced for a job I did yesterday:
Mobile Currency Converter said:
Convert this amount: 15000
From this currency: Swedish Krona (SEK)
To this currency: British Pound (GBP)
It gives me:
Mobile Currency Converter said:
Exchange rate: 9.5364
15,000.00 SEK = 143,046.00 GBP
Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to of made 143 thousand pounds yesterday but I'm fairly sure my client wouldn't be paying me that much ^_^

The online convertor I normally use says it should be £1417.26 so I'm not sure what's going wrong. I'm fairly sure I haven't messed anything up since there's only three fields in your app for me to play with (excluding the Menu option).

G

GuestK00104

Hi, I really like your app, I've been waiting for a nice free currency convertor for ages. I live in the UK but do most of my work in Sweden so the three currencies I use are Swedish Krona (SEK), British Pounds (GBP) and Euros (EUR). So this morning I invoiced for a job I did yesterday:
It gives me:

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to of made 143 thousand pounds yesterday but I'm fairly sure my client wouldn't be paying me that much ^_^

The online convertor I normally use says it should be £1417.26 so I'm not sure what's going wrong. I'm fairly sure I haven't messed anything up since there's only three fields in your app for me to play with (excluding the Menu option).

I'm sorry about that, the calculation in the application is based on the data return from Yahoo!. For your case, Yahoo! really return 9.5104 as the exchange rate. Please see http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SEKGBP=X

At the moment, I have no way to solve this problem. Sorry about that.

Tann San

Feb 8, 2010
When I look at the Yahoo Currency Converter it says the exchange rate is 0.0952 which is the same value as the Yahoo Exchange page but divided by 100 and possibly rounded up. Might not be rounded as it could just be a slight difference in the time the two values where made by Yahoo.

Ross202

May 17, 2008
Sydney
Won't Work - HD2

Hi I get the following error message - EndOfStreamException. I have net3.5 installed:(

Edit - Uninstalled and then reinstalled - same problem. Then uninstalled and reinstalled then placed a value in the amount to be converted. App then worked properly and no errors.

Seems to fail if you don't load a value into the currency amount when the App is opened for the first time. Hope this is useful

Last edited:

Stano 74

Sep 2, 2008
Problem with net 3.7

Hi everybody,

I have the problem that I have installed already the net 3.7 and the application looks for 3.5. All my other application work with 3.7 without any problems. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wasn't rude, please don't misunderstand me. You are a irresponsible software developer. Yes, I will not use this app anymore. Thank you for advice.

Hello !

I think that joeylicc rightly, it develops an implementation which is based on an external source to convert the currencies. Can't you hold it reponsable of this problem? Me, I do not regard that a bug, but as an external problem!
    Now, instead of criticizing his work, could you be more constructive and why not, propose another URL which would give better results of conversion!?

joeylicc, for my part, I thank you for your excellent work, for the support which you give and especially, to share your softwares.
    Do not change anything and especially, does not pay attention to this kind of completely disagreeable and free remark!

King Regards, JBS68