Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[APP] My Home Page

OP BrooklynAvi

13th October 2010, 07:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 72

492 posts
More
I'd like to introduce my new app, My Home Page. My Home Page is a unique app and the first of its kind. It allows you to create a custom home page for your mobile browser using your favorite links. The home page you create is then stored on your SD card for quick access so each time you open your browser, the web sites you visit on the regular basis are just one click away. This means no more fumbling through a ton of bookmarks to open your favorite web site. There are a few types of styles and themes from which to choose and more are being worked on every day. The best part is that absolutely zero programming or design knowledge is required. If you can create a bookmark then you can create a custom home page. It’s literally that simple.

App Web Site: http://www.aaandroid.com/index.php/myhomepage/
Developer Contact: contact [at] aaandroid.com
Price: Free/$1 (initial release price, normally $1.99)
Free Version: Beta 1.0.3
Pro Version: 1.0

The free version is ad supported. The pro version will remove ads and add a couple of themes. As My Home Page is developed further, more extra features will be added to the pro version.

My Home Page, available for purchase in the Android Market, SlideME.org and AndAppStore.com.

Features
  • Customize your browser’s home page with your favorite links
  • Unlimited folders
  • Unlimited links
  • Bookmark import
  • Google search box
  • Multiple home page types
  • Multiple theme types
  • Multiple font sizes
  • Support for stock Android browser and Dolphin Browser HD
  • Backup/restore option
  • Automatic setting of custom home page for root users

13th October 2010, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So, this basicly generates a html file that sorts and displays what you specify in the app?

I used to make homepages like this myself using html on the computer and storing it on SD card and making it the homepage manually, however I love this idea. An app that will just do it all from the phone just saves the coding/updating on computer AND transfering to the SD card. Pretty slick idea. Checking it out now.
14th October 2010, 08:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 78

992 posts
More
Just nabbed Pro from the Market. I like how this looks. Also a Cachemate fan. Keep up the awesome work.
14th October 2010, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag STL
Thanks Meter: 30

181 posts
More
Error
I get an error when trying to set the home page......I setup a couple folders, added some links, then hit the 'Set Home Page' button, and click OK to confirm. It grants super user permissions, and then an error pops up:

Code:
An error has occurred:  Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare().  Please report it to the developer.
14th October 2010, 09:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cologno Monzese, Milano
Thanks Meter: 2

256 posts
More
Good work and great idea. I suggest to insert the possibile to import an external (from SD) file for import the bookmarks.
If I have right understand, in this moment is possibile to import only from the Android Browser, I would like to export and prepare file from the Mac.

Thank's.
Last edited by Tsuneku; 14th October 2010 at 10:31 PM.
15th October 2010, 06:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag STL
Thanks Meter: 30

181 posts
More
Just an update that I got this to work if I turned off the option to use superuser.
16th October 2010, 06:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag Brooklyn

492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keredini

I get an error when trying to set the home page......I setup a couple folders, added some links, then hit the 'Set Home Page' button, and click OK to confirm. It grants super user permissions, and then an error pops up:

Code:
An error has occurred:  Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare().  Please report it to the developer.

I'm working on this error. If you can post a logcat to pastebin.com it would be a big help. The app is actually working. You will just have to set your home page using the manual method.

This is also why I released it as a beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic6

Just nabbed Pro from the Market. I like how this looks. Also a Cachemate fan. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks a lot for the support.
17th October 2010, 03:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Brooklyn

492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuneku

Good work and great idea. I suggest to insert the possibile to import an external (from SD) file for import the bookmarks.
If I have right understand, in this moment is possibile to import only from the Android Browser, I would like to export and prepare file from the Mac.

Thank's.

I am looking into this as an option for a future version.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
browser, home page, links, root, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread