Search This thread

Matt4542

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 5, 2010
Connecticut
www.matt4542.net
Here is a mirror

How to get back to stock if you are having issues:
1. You will need to flash a sbf, you can find guides here for Windows and here for Linux.
2. Reboot recovery by pressing X on the keyboard and turning it on
3. Press the search key so a menu pops up
4. Navigate to wipe data with the volume keys. Select with the camera button.
5. Then navigate to reboot with the volume keys and select with the camera key.

You are back to stock and you can root!

The File Manager was included in this rom so you are able to install the Bootstrap application so you can restore a back up or flash a different rom. Wipe your data after this.

kageurufu

Jul 28, 2010
Sweet, i am so excited for this. Gonna install it as soon as I get a chance, downloading now. I can't wait to see if you guys figure out custom kernels

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

bladearronwey

Feb 2, 2008
around
I'm real curious to hear what you guys found that will allow custom kernels on this phone. I already read over what birdman and nenolod were trying and it seems they threw in the towel. I read some other posts on droidforums about initiating essentially a second boot second to trick the phone into loading a custom kernel, but nothing more on that topic. Really curious to see how you might be able to implement this

facelessuser

Jan 31, 2009
Nice work guys. I will probably give this a try this weekend.

I too would like to hear your theory on how to get a new kernel on the phone. Not in a hurry to see it happen, but just curious to hear the underlying theory.

Though, I do understand if you are waiting to get it released before sharing. Just don't forget to let the community know when/if you get it worked out. It will open a lot of doors for some of these rom cookers around here, and rom cookers of the future.

kageurufu

Jul 28, 2010
and just installed it, sans computer intervention (thank god nothing went wrong or I'd be SOL for 5 hours lol, im at work)
mounted, wiped cache/data, remounted, installed, remounted, and wiped cache/data again just to be safe
now I'm waiting for it to restore all my apps and stuff so I can get everything reconfigured and have a glorious blur free phone! thank you so much devs, this is fantastic

AndyRoss

Nov 22, 2008
Oviedo, FL
Hey guys, awesome ROM! Very stable so far!

One thing I noticed: The "Car Home" application shows up in Android Market, but the update fails when attempting to apply it. Not sure what the cause of this is just yet. If I can glean more information from my own testing, will let you know.

Thanks again for the work you've put into this!

- Andy

facelessuser

Jan 31, 2009
Hey guys, awesome ROM! Very stable so far!

One thing I noticed: The "Car Home" application shows up in Android Market, but the update fails when attempting to apply it. Not sure what the cause of this is just yet. If I can glean more information from my own testing, will let you know.

Thanks again for the work you've put into this!

- Andy

I am not sure why that happens, but if you really want the new one from market, you can just remove it from /system/app and then it will install fine from market. I have had that issue with other apps before. Honestly, with a lot of these apps in the market now, there really isn't much need to include them in the rom.

Phoible

Aug 27, 2010
Seems to work pretty well. Got stuck in a boot loop because I didn't wipe my data, so I rebooted recovery and wiped it. Problem solved.

The only problem I'm having is that I can't get Backup Assistant to work, so I can't restore my phone numbers.

I downloaded the stock app rar, and tried doing an ADB install for BackupAssistanceClient and BuaContactAdapter, but I get "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]".

I tried copying over BuaContactAdapter.apk and BackupAssistanceClient.apk manually (to /system/app) and setting permissions, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Jester822

Oct 3, 2010
Seems to work pretty well. Got stuck in a boot loop because I didn't wipe my data, so I rebooted recovery and wiped it. Problem solved.

The only problem I'm having is that I can't get Backup Assistant to work, so I can't restore my phone numbers.

I downloaded the stock app rar, and tried doing an ADB install for BackupAssistanceClient and BuaContactAdapter, but I get "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]".

I tried copying over BuaContactAdapter.apk and BackupAssistanceClient.apk manually (to /system/app) and setting permissions, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Here's what I did with another ROM. Go to VZW with your pc. Navigate to contacts. Export contact list as Outlook CSV. Go to your gmail acct and import the CSV. Sync phone contacts to gmail. Important to do the outlook export though. Regular CSV doesn't populate gmail contacts properly.

cold21blooded

Jan 16, 2009
cleveland
one thing with the bootloader i remember when i first got my eris was people on the fourms would keep emailing htc for the bootloader keys because it was hard to crack and htc gave them up ... maybe if we flood moto with emails and stuff they'll loosen up like htc

Stephan_

Mar 28, 2010
Just a quick question. If and when we flash this, are we still rooted? If so, can I just install bootstrap and reboot recovery and restore? Or do i have to do the whole root process again like if it was an original phone from store?

Yes, it comes with root. No, you do not want to restore. Restoring will bring you back to the backup you created. This rom comes with Superuser.apk (root) no need to re-root.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

one.

Sep 26, 2010
SE Michigan
I seem to remember the alpha thread saying not to flash themes over this....but don't think it was mentioned this go round....still the case? (assume so). Figured it was worth noting in the first post if that's the case.

Also....I just installed this, and am also stuck unable to get it programmed.

First time it started the music and then got a failed message. Since then I don't even get the music, and after 20 seconds or so I just get a "Please enter the # you're calling about" message and if entered, it just tries to transfer me to cust service.

WhosToBlame

Aug 14, 2010
I seem to remember the alpha thread saying not to flash themes over this....but don't think it was mentioned this go round....still the case? (assume so). Figured it was worth noting in the first post if that's the case.

Also....I just installed this, and am also stuck unable to get it programmed.

First time it started the music and then got a failed message. Since then I don't even get the music, and after 20 seconds or so I just get a "Please enter the # you're calling about" message and if entered, it just tries to transfer me to cust service.

Have you tried *22899 send? Should go straight into programing the phone