1. Copy this SPL to your sdcard and rename it update.zip
2. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.
3. Select apply sdcard:update.zip
4. Once finished, let android reboot.
5. Delete the old update.zip and copy the Froyo OTA to your sdcard and rename it update.zip.
6. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.
7. Select apply sdcard:update.zip
8. Once finished, let android reboot.
9. Delete the old update.zip and copy the Market OTA fix to your sdcard and rename it update.zip.
10. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power.
11. Once finished, let android reboot.
12. Root here.
DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:
* Make sure to have an engineering (s-OFF) SPL installed. If you don't, use the SPL (WORKAROUND) section to flash clockwork recovery and flash the engineering SPL, then start back here.
1. Download the original COC10 build of Cupcake and the 1.6 OTA and rename the 1.6 update to update.zip.
2. Make sure to have the adb binary on your computer, you can grab it from the SDK under the /tools folder. Grab fastboot here.
3. Copy SAPPIMG.nbh to your sdcard.
4. Boot to fastboot mode, power off phone, then: back + power
5. Select hboot mode, blanking, but I believe it is Volume up, the SPL will scan the sdcard and ask to apply SAPPIMG.nbh, enter <yes> by pressing the trackball.
6. Let it install, and boot to Android. *** DO NOT POWER OFF PHONE OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!! ***
7. Copy update.zip to your sdcard.
8. Power off the phone and enter recovery: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.
9. Select: apply sdcard:update.zip
10. Congrats, you are now ready to apply the STOCK (OFFICIAL) update.
SPL WORKAROUND (OFFICIAL):
This is assuming you are running stock 1.6:
1. Download Univeral Androot and install it. Once installed, run it and root. Also, download and install busybox from the market. Open busybox and install the 1.18.0git version.
2. Download cm 22.214.171.124 and extract flash_image from /system/bin/
a. This stand alone flash_image may work also.
b. Some users have reported that after rooting, using ROM Manager to flash clockwork recovery has worked, I was never able to get a 100% workable flash on stock, so use at your own risk.
3. Download this SAPPIMG.zip *** DON"T FLASH, DON"T ASK TO FLASH!!! ***
4. Download clockwork recovery from here and rename it recovery.img.
5. Download this engineering SPL and rename it spl.zip.
6. Download Froyo OTA. Rename to update.zip.
7. Extract hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0 from SAPPIMG.zip.
8. Make sure to have the adb binary on your computer, you can grab it from the SDK under the /tools folder. Grab fastboot here.
9. Enable USB Debugging: Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
10. Copy these files to your /sdcard/
11. Now it's time for adb.
adb shell su cp /sdcard/flash_image /cache/ chmod 755 /cache/flash_image cd /cache ./flash_image /sdcard/recovery.img
13. adb reboot recovery
14. You're in clockwork recovery now: Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> spl.zip
15. You're phone will reboot twice, once done, power off your phone.
16. Press and hold: back + power, this will drop you in fastboot mode with 1.33.2005 and s-OFF.
17. Now we need to flash the new SPL:
fastboot flash hboot hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0
19. Power on the phone and enter recovery: home + power
20. It will probably be the stock recovery again, press: home + power when in recovery with the exclamation mark. Select: apply sdcard:update.zip
21. Let it finish and reboot. Welcome to froyo!
Self-Signed Flashable SPL *** Requires Non-stock recovery ***
Official Flashable SPL
Official Flashable SPL Mirror 1
Froyo OTA Mirror 1
OTA Market Fix
OTA Market Fix Mirror 1
If you like my work, buy my family and I a pizza. Thanks!