Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Experience & Issues with the new Froyo 2.2 JPM

Tip us?

jbrugger
Old
(Last edited by wacky.banana; 14th October 2010 at 03:57 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [HELP] Experience & Issues with the new Froyo 2.2 JPM

Just got the jm installed. Rooted and OCLF installed.
All seems to work fine but it is not as fast as i hoped. Eclair with OCLF over voodoo felt more responsive.

Pro. Skype is working. Just had a conversation over wifi. Good sound and well working (no hic-ups)

Flash is now working. However some sites using flash ads load slower.

I see som lags in my home screen when switching over apps. Did not have that on my former setup.

For the rest... I'l wait for voodoo to come.

Wonder what other experiences tell us.

Ps. If this thread belongs in general,please move it there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

WickedStyx
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrugger View Post
In the browser go to settings->plugin settings->on demand

varunkumars
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrugger View Post
Just got the jm installed. Rooted and OCLF installed.
All seems to work fine but it is not as fast as i hoped. Eclair with OCLF over voodoo felt more responsive.

Pro. Skype is working. Just had a conversation over wifi. Good sound and well working (no hic-ups)

I see som lags in my home screen when switching over apps. Did not have that on my former setup.

For the rest... I'l wait for voodoo to come.

Wonder what other experiences tell us.

Ps. If this thread belongs in general,please move it there.

How is the GPS ??? Is it completely fixed ?? Is the lock accurate ???

dan 6a
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Accurate to 50 metres on google maps... Locked in v quick tho and it was pointed to where I was.

dan 6a
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Grrr wifi - 3g isn't working well..

When leaving wifi spot I have to reboot phone to get 3g!

march83
Old
(Last edited by march83; 14th October 2010 at 02:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 6a View Post

When leaving wifi spot I have to reboot phone to get 3g!
cycle flight mode. this bug has been in android for like forever and 99 times out of 100 you just need to cycle flight mode and your 3g comes back.

even better, get tasker to do it for you automatically.

edit: even betterer, google fix the bug that's been present for like 18 months...

cantIntoCode
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2585
Posts from other threads say the GPS has improved vastly. I don't have my phone atm to test personally. Although there has yet to be a mytracks upload.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cantIntoCode

mclad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 6a View Post
Accurate to 50 metres on google maps... Locked in v quick tho and it was pointed to where I was.
The real test is drive around in a car and see how accurate it is following you... using JM8 and JPK GPS there were gaps of >1 minute when it was completely lost, or it would show on a different street to the one I was one. As it was it would be completely useless for turn-by-turn navigation.

bouzoubaa
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Guys... i tried JP6 then JPM then JPA ... let me tell you that both JP6 and JPM are identical in terms of performance .. laging a bit much more like JPK before... both of them cannot be repartitioned and should not be ticked so they dont repartition the disk while flashing ... well JPA does have the needed files to repartition with .512 , and i did ... performance in JPA is way way better than both JP6 and JPM ... with both JP6 and JPM i felt like a lagfix is a must have .. with JPA not anymore ... really ... it is fast enough to be able to wait happily for voodoo to get out .. then it will certainly rocket fly

that was my long day experience with the three roms of the day hope to have helped with this feedback

stephengoo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouzoubaa View Post
Guys... i tried JP6 then JPM then JPA ... let me tell you that both JP6 and JPM are identical in terms of performance .. laging a bit much more like JPK before... both of them cannot be repartitioned and should not be ticked so they dont repartition the disk while flashing ... well JPA does have the needed files to repartition with .512 , and i did ... performance in JPA is way way better than both JP6 and JPM ... with both JP6 and JPM i felt like a lagfix is a must have .. with JPA not anymore ... really ... it is fast enough to be able to wait happily for voodoo to get out .. then it will certainly rocket fly

that was my long day experience with the three roms of the day hope to have helped with this feedback
You should try to run many apps at once to see if it still lags, two days experience cannot say it is better than JP6.