Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[HELP] Experience & Issues with the new Froyo 2.2 JPM

OP jbrugger

13th October 2010, 10:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Gouda
Thanks Meter: 3

72 posts
More
Just got the jm installed. Rooted and OCLF installed.
All seems to work fine but it is not as fast as i hoped. Eclair with OCLF over voodoo felt more responsive.

Pro. Skype is working. Just had a conversation over wifi. Good sound and well working (no hic-ups)

Flash is now working. However some sites using flash ads load slower.

I see som lags in my home screen when switching over apps. Did not have that on my former setup.

For the rest... I'l wait for voodoo to come.

Wonder what other experiences tell us.

Ps. If this thread belongs in general,please move it there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
Last edited by wacky.banana; 14th October 2010 at 03:57 PM.
13th October 2010, 11:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

172 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrugger

In the browser go to settings->plugin settings->on demand
13th October 2010, 11:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 87

537 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrugger

Just got the jm installed. Rooted and OCLF installed.
All seems to work fine but it is not as fast as i hoped. Eclair with OCLF over voodoo felt more responsive.

Pro. Skype is working. Just had a conversation over wifi. Good sound and well working (no hic-ups)

I see som lags in my home screen when switching over apps. Did not have that on my former setup.

For the rest... I'l wait for voodoo to come.

Wonder what other experiences tell us.

Ps. If this thread belongs in general,please move it there.

How is the GPS ??? Is it completely fixed ?? Is the lock accurate ???
13th October 2010, 11:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

245 posts
Accurate to 50 metres on google maps... Locked in v quick tho and it was pointed to where I was.

14th October 2010, 01:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

245 posts
Grrr wifi - 3g isn't working well..

When leaving wifi spot I have to reboot phone to get 3g!

14th October 2010, 02:04 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 6a

When leaving wifi spot I have to reboot phone to get 3g!

cycle flight mode. this bug has been in android for like forever and 99 times out of 100 you just need to cycle flight mode and your 3g comes back.

even better, get tasker to do it for you automatically.

edit: even betterer, google fix the bug that's been present for like 18 months...
Last edited by march83; 14th October 2010 at 02:08 AM.
14th October 2010, 02:11 AM   |  #7  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 2,585

1,599 posts
More
Posts from other threads say the GPS has improved vastly. I don't have my phone atm to test personally. Although there has yet to be a mytracks upload.
14th October 2010, 02:16 AM   |  #8  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 6a

Accurate to 50 metres on google maps... Locked in v quick tho and it was pointed to where I was.

The real test is drive around in a car and see how accurate it is following you... using JM8 and JPK GPS there were gaps of >1 minute when it was completely lost, or it would show on a different street to the one I was one. As it was it would be completely useless for turn-by-turn navigation.
14th October 2010, 02:23 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 69

450 posts
Guys... i tried JP6 then JPM then JPA ... let me tell you that both JP6 and JPM are identical in terms of performance .. laging a bit much more like JPK before... both of them cannot be repartitioned and should not be ticked so they dont repartition the disk while flashing ... well JPA does have the needed files to repartition with .512 , and i did ... performance in JPA is way way better than both JP6 and JPM ... with both JP6 and JPM i felt like a lagfix is a must have .. with JPA not anymore ... really ... it is fast enough to be able to wait happily for voodoo to get out .. then it will certainly rocket fly

that was my long day experience with the three roms of the day hope to have helped with this feedback
14th October 2010, 02:39 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

64 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouzoubaa

Guys... i tried JP6 then JPM then JPA ... let me tell you that both JP6 and JPM are identical in terms of performance .. laging a bit much more like JPK before... both of them cannot be repartitioned and should not be ticked so they dont repartition the disk while flashing ... well JPA does have the needed files to repartition with .512 , and i did ... performance in JPA is way way better than both JP6 and JPM ... with both JP6 and JPM i felt like a lagfix is a must have .. with JPA not anymore ... really ... it is fast enough to be able to wait happily for voodoo to get out .. then it will certainly rocket fly

that was my long day experience with the three roms of the day hope to have helped with this feedback

You should try to run many apps at once to see if it still lags, two days experience cannot say it is better than JP6.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread