Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery is not connected.

Tip us?

jbrdr985
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery is not connected.

Please help me here lol. Just got this message starting today and my battery is about to die. I plug it in the charger and it won't charge and I get that message. I didn't do anything different today. Flashed voodoo a couple days ago.

Help!

jbrdr985
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nevermind, started working all of a sudden. Hmmm...

mexiken
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinegts85 View Post
Please help me here lol. Just got this message starting today and my battery is about to die. I plug it in the charger and it won't charge and I get that message. I didn't do anything different today. Flashed voodoo a couple days ago.

Help!
have you tried pulling out the batt with the phone on ????

Different charger perhaps ????
Current: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V)
Fully stock

Current: Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545)
ROM: CM 11 Nightly Builds
Radios: MK2

aero1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Help!
Good chance it is a bad battery. I just had it happen with two EBAY "oem" G7 (certainly counterfeits in my Epic). Sprint support said this is indicator of bad battery. It is actually specifically in the manual of the Galaxies. eg see page 8 here: http://www.wirelesszone.com/admin/up...f6de50ea6a.pdf

I swapped out to genuine batteries and both worked and both ebay batteries gave me the "battery is not connected."

jbrdr985
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero1 View Post
Good chance it is a bad battery. I just had it happen with two EBAY "oem" G7 (certainly counterfeits in my Epic). Sprint support said this is indicator of bad battery. It is actually specifically in the manual of the Galaxies. eg see page 8 here: http://www.wirelesszone.com/admin/up...f6de50ea6a.pdf

I swapped out to genuine batteries and both worked and both ebay batteries gave me the "battery is not connected."

I doubt it's a bad battery. I was reading through the voodoo lagfix thread and more than a few people got that error after flashing voodoo.

aero1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I doubt it's a bad battery. I was reading through the voodoo lagfix thread and more than a few people got that error after flashing voodoo.
I see two people total out of perhaps hundreds. to me that makes it almost a certainty they have a bad battery. Ebay batteries are proably 1/20 to 1/50 bad and eve stock batteries in the phones probably have a qc problem of 1/1000

I have bought four ebay batteries and two are giving that exact same message on 100% stock phoens.

m1cawber
Old
Thanks Meter 0
im getting this same message on a brand new samsung fascinate ordered through amazon. have only installed clockwork mod and a few apps..

mypantsaretorn
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I also get that message on a brand new fascinate with root. I plugged the phone into my car charger this morning and it worked and it was working at my office...weird...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

aero1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
yep, bad batteries

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,671
They are NOT bad batteries.

Sheesh. There is a kernel bug doing it.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!