Battery is not connected.

13th October 2010, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

102 posts
Please help me here lol. Just got this message starting today and my battery is about to die. I plug it in the charger and it won't charge and I get that message. I didn't do anything different today. Flashed voodoo a couple days ago.

Help!
13th October 2010, 11:49 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
Nevermind, started working all of a sudden. Hmmm...
13th October 2010, 11:53 PM   |  #3  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 119

640 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinegts85

Please help me here lol. Just got this message starting today and my battery is about to die. I plug it in the charger and it won't charge and I get that message. I didn't do anything different today. Flashed voodoo a couple days ago.

Help!

have you tried pulling out the batt with the phone on ????

Different charger perhaps ????
14th October 2010, 01:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

181 posts
Quote:

Help!

Good chance it is a bad battery. I just had it happen with two EBAY "oem" G7 (certainly counterfeits in my Epic). Sprint support said this is indicator of bad battery. It is actually specifically in the manual of the Galaxies. eg see page 8 here: http://www.wirelesszone.com/admin/up...f6de50ea6a.pdf

I swapped out to genuine batteries and both worked and both ebay batteries gave me the "battery is not connected."
14th October 2010, 01:20 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero1

Good chance it is a bad battery. I just had it happen with two EBAY "oem" G7 (certainly counterfeits in my Epic). Sprint support said this is indicator of bad battery. It is actually specifically in the manual of the Galaxies. eg see page 8 here: http://www.wirelesszone.com/admin/up...f6de50ea6a.pdf

I swapped out to genuine batteries and both worked and both ebay batteries gave me the "battery is not connected."

I doubt it's a bad battery. I was reading through the voodoo lagfix thread and more than a few people got that error after flashing voodoo.
16th October 2010, 05:06 PM   |  #6  

181 posts
Quote:

I doubt it's a bad battery. I was reading through the voodoo lagfix thread and more than a few people got that error after flashing voodoo.

I see two people total out of perhaps hundreds. to me that makes it almost a certainty they have a bad battery. Ebay batteries are proably 1/20 to 1/50 bad and eve stock batteries in the phones probably have a qc problem of 1/1000

I have bought four ebay batteries and two are giving that exact same message on 100% stock phoens.
19th October 2010, 01:49 PM   |  #7  

4 posts
im getting this same message on a brand new samsung fascinate ordered through amazon. have only installed clockwork mod and a few apps..
22nd October 2010, 06:35 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 14

95 posts
More
I also get that message on a brand new fascinate with root. I plugged the phone into my car charger this morning and it worked and it was working at my office...weird...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
23rd October 2010, 10:44 PM   |  #9  

181 posts
yep, bad batteries
23rd October 2010, 10:54 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,671

9,620 posts
They are NOT bad batteries.

Sheesh. There is a kernel bug doing it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread