More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

App to reboot phone into winmo

OP smithisize

15th October 2010, 04:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 28

789 posts
More
Is there an app for XDAndroid that will allow the phone to reboot completely, into WinMo? Save a little time?

Regards

Smith
15th October 2010, 05:15 AM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,581

11,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
Soft reset not fast enough for ya?

You can do the whole power off routine, but I assume that's what you mean by 'save a little time' - is that is too time consuming, and actually powers off the device.

I'm sure there's a widget or some such thing...
15th October 2010, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

96 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithisize

Is there an app for XDAndroid that will allow the phone to reboot completely, into WinMo? Save a little time?

Regards

Smith

I use Quick Boot (you can download it from the market) then add the reboot widget to your home screen, one tap and you're set.
15th October 2010, 07:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

789 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnes1984

I use Quick Boot (you can download it from the market) then add the reboot widget to your home screen, one tap and you're set.

Don't you need root for that? I would obviously assume XDAndroid has root, but idk enough about android haha
15th October 2010, 08:39 PM   |  #5  

11,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithisize

Don't you need root for that? I would obviously assume XDAndroid has root, but idk enough about android haha

XDAndroid comes out of the box rooted
15th October 2010, 10:32 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

789 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

XDAndroid comes out of the box rooted

Yeah, I discovered that when the app worked what a nifty feature
18th October 2010, 10:35 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 229

997 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Soft reset not fast enough for ya?

You can do the whole power off routine, but I assume that's what you mean by 'save a little time' - is that is too time consuming, and actually powers off the device.

I'm sure there's a widget or some such thing...

There's no soft reset in XDAndroid. Are you thinking of Neopeek, where reset is available next to power off by holding down the power button?

But back on point, I was also using Quick Boot for a while, but it reboots so fast, I'm very suspicious of it. I get enough random SD card errors creating FOUND.01 or whatever folders without using reboots that presumably aren't following the shutdown routine.
18th October 2010, 11:26 PM   |  #8  

11,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko

There's no soft reset in XDAndroid. Are you thinking of Neopeek, where reset is available next to power off by holding down the power button?

Every phone has a soft reset. There's a little pin you press with the stylus that's under the battery cover... Are you not familiar with hard/soft resets..?
19th October 2010, 07:19 PM   |  #9  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 1,369

1,389 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko

But back on point, I was also using Quick Boot for a while, but it reboots so fast, I'm very suspicious of it. I get enough random SD card errors creating FOUND.01 or whatever folders without using reboots that presumably aren't following the shutdown routine.

Well...actually, if I hold down the end key, it will power down, go silent, blah blah blah. It's a little screen that pops up and shutdown is an option, so it's not just Neopeek's version that can do this. As far as reboot the phone, you are correct that there is no stock way to do this, but as pointed out earlier in this thread there is the app on the market with a reset widget. Otherwise, you could always learn to alter the code and make this option available yourself. That would be cool. I would appreciate it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread