Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] Rosie Remap - Sense 2.1

OP L0cke

15th October 2010, 02:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Royston
Thanks Meter: 241

803 posts
More
Currently tested and working on VillainROM 12 and another Sense ROM. Therefore it should work on any official 2.1 Sense ROM, but don't blame me if it doesn't.

These mods remap the right hand Rosie button to other apps. In the example screen shots you can see the Camera has been mapped. In theory I should be able to assign many other apps to this right hand button (and possibly the left and middle buttons) but for now this is a good start.

I have to give credit to hawst, who you can find over on xda here. He provided me the code for the mod and helped me along the way.

There are two varieties of the mod, one for the default Sense UI and then one for my Rosie Theme, both of which can be seen below.

The mods are all in MetaMorph format so there's less impact on your current configuration as it only replaces the classes.dex and a couple of .png images.

To install download MetaMorph from the Market (Free) and apply

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CAMERA

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

CONTACTS

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

MARKET

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

DEFAULT - For returning to the default mapping
Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie
Last edited by L0cke; 23rd October 2010 at 11:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to L0cke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2010, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Leeds, UK
Thanks Meter: 7

1,161 posts
More
Very nice pal. Will come in handy when Legend gets 2.2.
15th October 2010, 04:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Royston

803 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddotpatel

Very nice pal. Will come in handy when Legend gets 2.2.

Yeah, I'm hoping that having acquired the know-how to do this, I can apply it to the 2.2 port from the Legend... when/if that comes.
15th October 2010, 04:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 197

897 posts
More
Great job!

Do you think you can create a version where right button gets people?

Thanks
15th October 2010, 04:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Royston

803 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberon

Great job!

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem. Let me see what I can do
15th October 2010, 06:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Royston

803 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberon

Great job!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpool81

Shouldn't be a problem. Let me see what I can do

Okay Cyberon... try these. They are in MetaMorph format, so download that from the Market (Free) and apply.

I have tested the Themed one for 'My Theme', but not the Stock one, but should be fine.

I will update the main post when I get a chance

EDIT: See first post for new links.
Last edited by L0cke; 16th October 2010 at 12:40 AM.
15th October 2010, 06:13 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 197

897 posts
More
Wink
Quote:

Okay Cyberon... try these. They are in MetaMorph format, so download that from the Market (Free) and apply.

I have tested the Themed one for 'My Theme', but not the Stock one, but should be fine.

I will update the main post when I get a chance

Great!

I will try it as soon i get home!

Thanks.
18th October 2010, 09:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Fareham
Thanks Meter: 23

713 posts
More
Quote:

Currently tested and working on VillainROM 12 and another Sense ROM. Therefore it should work on any official 2.1 Sense ROM, but don't blame me if it doesn't.

These mods remap the right hand Rosie button to other apps. In the example screen shots you can see the Camera has been mapped. In theory I should be able to assign many other apps to this right hand button (and possibly the left and middle buttons) but for now this is a good start.

I have to give credit to hawst, who you can find over on xda here. He provided me the code for the mod and helped me along the way.

There are two varieties of the mod, one for the default Sense UI and then one for my Rosie Theme, both of which can be seen below.

The mods are all in MetaMorph format so there's less impact on your current configuration as it only replaces the classes.dex and a couple of .png images.

To install download MetaMorph from the Market (Free) and apply

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CAMERA

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

CONTACTS

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

MARKET

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

DEFAULT - For returning to the default mapping
Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

jpool81: Thanks for the awesome mod - I flashed back to VillainRom12 over the weekend on my hero and this was a godsend!

I have one issue though - I have tried flashing the camera zip for stock rosie, and it seems to have an issue - it has teh camera icon, but it acts like the contacts code.

Not sure if I was being special, but I did try it from a backup I had before flashing the contacts one as well, and got the same result.

(not that is an issue for me, as I want to use contacts really, but thought I should let you know - if it is something you think I have done wrong just let me know!)
18th October 2010, 11:27 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Royston

803 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstu72

jpool81: Thanks for the awesome mod - I flashed back to VillainRom12 over the weekend on my hero and this was a godsend!

I have one issue though - I have tried flashing the camera zip for stock rosie, and it seems to have an issue - it has teh camera icon, but it acts like the contacts code.

Not sure if I was being special, but I did try it from a backup I had before flashing the contacts one as well, and got the same result.

(not that is an issue for me, as I want to use contacts really, but thought I should let you know - if it is something you think I have done wrong just let me know!)

Ah, my bad. I had compiled the right file but not put it in the zip. Will correct as soon as poss and let you know when It's done.

I have tested the others and they are all okay, so it's just the Camera at the mo.

Also, you mentioned flashing the zip, I have updated them all now to be MetaMorph's

EDIT: Main post updated with the corrected files for the Camera.
Last edited by L0cke; 18th October 2010 at 06:58 PM.
21st October 2010, 11:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Is it possible to make it for HTC Desire with Sense 2.2 ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread