Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Rosie Remap - Sense 2.1

Tip us?

L0cke
Old
(Last edited by L0cke; 23rd October 2010 at 10:46 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Default [MOD] Rosie Remap - Sense 2.1

Currently tested and working on VillainROM 12 and another Sense ROM. Therefore it should work on any official 2.1 Sense ROM, but don't blame me if it doesn't.

These mods remap the right hand Rosie button to other apps. In the example screen shots you can see the Camera has been mapped. In theory I should be able to assign many other apps to this right hand button (and possibly the left and middle buttons) but for now this is a good start.

I have to give credit to hawst, who you can find over on xda here. He provided me the code for the mod and helped me along the way.

There are two varieties of the mod, one for the default Sense UI and then one for my Rosie Theme, both of which can be seen below.

The mods are all in MetaMorph format so there's less impact on your current configuration as it only replaces the classes.dex and a couple of .png images.

To install download MetaMorph from the Market (Free) and apply

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CAMERA

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

CONTACTS

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

MARKET

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

DEFAULT - For returning to the default mapping
Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie
The Following User Says Thank You to L0cke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ddotpatel
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Very nice pal. Will come in handy when Legend gets 2.2.
Favourite Useful Links,...
BTDAG's [Guide] Complete Newbie Guide to Install a Custom Rom & Newbie FaQ
PHAELOX's [HOW TO] Make your own bootscreen and create signed zip
Some useful info from BONESY on adding apps to a base ROM here --> How to create "update.zip" for integrate apps?

Past to present,... Nokia 3330, 6120, 6820, 6600, 6630, N80, N73, 5800
Never again,... Now,... HTC HERO BABY!!!

L0cke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddotpatel View Post
Very nice pal. Will come in handy when Legend gets 2.2.
Yeah, I'm hoping that having acquired the know-how to do this, I can apply it to the 2.2 port from the Legend... when/if that comes.

cyberon
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Great job!

Do you think you can create a version where right button gets people?

Thanks

L0cke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberon View Post
Great job!

Thanks
Shouldn't be a problem. Let me see what I can do

L0cke
Old
(Last edited by L0cke; 15th October 2010 at 11:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberon View Post
Great job!

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpool81 View Post
Shouldn't be a problem. Let me see what I can do
Okay Cyberon... try these. They are in MetaMorph format, so download that from the Market (Free) and apply.

I have tested the Themed one for 'My Theme', but not the Stock one, but should be fine.

I will update the main post when I get a chance

EDIT: See first post for new links.

cyberon
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Okay Cyberon... try these. They are in MetaMorph format, so download that from the Market (Free) and apply.

I have tested the Themed one for 'My Theme', but not the Stock one, but should be fine.

I will update the main post when I get a chance
Great!

I will try it as soon i get home!

Thanks.

captainstu72
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Currently tested and working on VillainROM 12 and another Sense ROM. Therefore it should work on any official 2.1 Sense ROM, but don't blame me if it doesn't.

These mods remap the right hand Rosie button to other apps. In the example screen shots you can see the Camera has been mapped. In theory I should be able to assign many other apps to this right hand button (and possibly the left and middle buttons) but for now this is a good start.

I have to give credit to hawst, who you can find over on xda here. He provided me the code for the mod and helped me along the way.

There are two varieties of the mod, one for the default Sense UI and then one for my Rosie Theme, both of which can be seen below.

The mods are all in MetaMorph format so there's less impact on your current configuration as it only replaces the classes.dex and a couple of .png images.

To install download MetaMorph from the Market (Free) and apply

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CAMERA

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

CONTACTS

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

MARKET

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

DEFAULT - For returning to the default mapping
Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie
jpool81: Thanks for the awesome mod - I flashed back to VillainRom12 over the weekend on my hero and this was a godsend!

I have one issue though - I have tried flashing the camera zip for stock rosie, and it seems to have an issue - it has teh camera icon, but it acts like the contacts code.

Not sure if I was being special, but I did try it from a backup I had before flashing the contacts one as well, and got the same result.

(not that is an issue for me, as I want to use contacts really, but thought I should let you know - if it is something you think I have done wrong just let me know!)

L0cke
Old
(Last edited by L0cke; 18th October 2010 at 05:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstu72 View Post
jpool81: Thanks for the awesome mod - I flashed back to VillainRom12 over the weekend on my hero and this was a godsend!

I have one issue though - I have tried flashing the camera zip for stock rosie, and it seems to have an issue - it has teh camera icon, but it acts like the contacts code.

Not sure if I was being special, but I did try it from a backup I had before flashing the contacts one as well, and got the same result.

(not that is an issue for me, as I want to use contacts really, but thought I should let you know - if it is something you think I have done wrong just let me know!)
Ah, my bad. I had compiled the right file but not put it in the zip. Will correct as soon as poss and let you know when It's done.

I have tested the others and they are all okay, so it's just the Camera at the mo.

Also, you mentioned flashing the zip, I have updated them all now to be MetaMorph's

EDIT: Main post updated with the corrected files for the Camera.

standal.10
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is it possible to make it for HTC Desire with Sense 2.2 ?