[APP] 27-OCT-2010 Circular battery Indicator with % (No root required)
*For the latest update, check the bottom of the post, ENJOY*
yesterday i wanted to get a battery status bar for my desire just like the picture below
found a thread here that explain how to get it
Super Circle Battery with % |Version A-I & Z (Custom)| Desire 2.2 ROM
However i found out that i am un-able to use it because the requirments for installing (what i have been told in the thread) is that your device has to be
2. Have different ROM than the stock ROM
personally i find it very inconvenient to root & flash a new ROM just to get this battery circular percentage (thats all i want, I am pretty satisfied with the stock FROYO 2.2)
I have modified an APK, used an existing programming logic (Battery Indicator - Open Source Project) but with different presentation.
the APK can be installed to your Desire (and probably other android phones without any problems) and it will show you what you want in the notification bar, just like in the screenshot below
- You will not need to root your device (this APP will not change any system files in the framework-res.apk)
- You will not need to install different ROM
- Small size APK, you can just download, install and enjoy
I have tested this APP on my Desire with stock FROYO 2.2 without any problems I have not tested it on any other device.
The App does not alter any system files, worst case scenario you will get FC. but just to be on the safe side, install on your own risk
wold appreciate any feedbacks
- Battery Indicator from Darshan Computing (Freeware & Open Source)
- Graphics provided by Fightspit (Thank you!)
To answer some of the questions
- the Circular Battery Indicator does not use a lot of battery resources, the device broadcasts a message when the battery status changes, the app catches this broadcast and update itself to show the right percentage, it is as simple as that, so it is extremely light weight on the CPU.
-It is impossible to remove/hide the original battery icon on the status bar without root privileges, and if you have root you dont need this app, chances are you already found away to alter the original/stock battery icon to match your desire (check first post for the link on how to change stock battery icon if you have root).
-I am considering uploading this to the market, to reach a bigger market and making the updating process easier, dont have lots of time to do this now, but i am surly considering it
-for all the people who are interested in the control switch more than the app itself Lol ... its called "SwitchPro" widget
A version for the Desire's twin brother, Nexus One
(and all other phones that has white status bar) check the attachments for downloads
Fixed some small FC issue reported by a friend
Alright a new version, with gradient color fill, less complicated code, and new icon
if you liked the app, hit the "Thanks" button