No registration required

[Q] Boot Animation. update.zip

OP symanuk

15th October 2010, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to make an update.zip file to change vodafones boot animation?
I would like to have the stock animation or a custum animation.
15th October 2010, 10:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag leicester
Thanks Meter: 63

642 posts
Donate to Me
More
don't think this has been done yet as the images used on Samsung bootup are something like QMG images but there isn't a converter readily available yet
Last edited by waz000000; 15th October 2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: remembered what file type they where
31st October 2010, 02:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

79 posts
More
Wait, what? It's impossible even if we want to remove/change the boot? How come there are some threads explaining to change the boot sequence? And, I have a bunch of PNG Vodafone images on my phone.

PS: Why isn't there any response in all of the threads regarding changing/removing the boot sequence ? Newbie here.
31st October 2010, 02:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,182

3,223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi Pegart, i have no knowledge of custom boot animations but here is what i know.
Samsung Galaxy i9000 is very different from other android phones in the way the system is. The boot animation pngs you see are the shutdown ones and you could change it. With SGS tools (available free in market) you can change boot sounds. The startup is in qmg in which there is no way to change yet. over in the vibrant forums they are working on it and i think they have done it and you should ask in the vibrant forums how they done it which might help you

Hope this information helped you
31st October 2010, 03:45 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

79 posts
More
Thumbs up
Great, thanks for the answer. Much appreciated. Will check the Vibrant subforum.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot animation, update.zip, vodafone
Previous Thread Next Thread