Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New ROM, won't announce new txt msgs

Tip us?

steve76063
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] New ROM, won't announce new txt msgs

After upgrading to the new ATT Tilt2 ROM, I've lost the ability to have new text messages read out loud. I've got the option set to Announce New Messages, and it'll still read new emails coming in, but not text messages...anyone know of any menu or registry setting that might restore the reading of text messages???

cajunflavoredbob
Old
(Last edited by cajunflavoredbob; 17th October 2010 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6813
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76063 View Post
After upgrading to the new ATT Tilt2 ROM, I've lost the ability to have new text messages read out loud. I've got the option set to Announce New Messages, and it'll still read new emails coming in, but not text messages...anyone know of any menu or registry setting that might restore the reading of text messages???
Start > Settings > Personal > Voice Command
Highlight Messaging, tap Options, and uncheck the box that says "High priority messages only."
¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯ New users: Please click HERE or HERE before posting ¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯

PHP Code:
public class XDA {
    public static 
void main(String[] args) {

System.out.println("XDA Member");
                if (
You beg for thanks) {

"Go Jump Off a Bridge!";
        }
    }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord. –Proverbs 18:22 KJV

steve76063
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yep, I've already done all that...I did it when I first got the new ROM loaded.
I've enabled/disabled/enabled it a number of times since then, and one time, a message did come in and get 'announced'. After that, silence again

That's why I'm looking for a registry setting somewhere--I'm sure something's gotten messed up.
Tags
announce messages