Currently supports Gmail / K-9 Mail accounts. For Gmail accounts, Gmail app is required to be installed. The same goes if you wish to have K-9 accounts.
Also, for K-9, keep your notifications in K-9 turned on if you wish to have sound, vibration and LED functionalites. We are not able to retake the full K-9's notification process yet.
You need Gmail 2.3.4 or older. Latest Gmail (2.3.5) update will not work! Unfortunately, the new Gmail update enforces signature-type permission which can't be accessed by any 3rd party notification app.
*FIX* Improved Gmail and K-9 Mail detection code and other fixes
*FIX* minor fixes
*NEW* German translation - done by Matthias Lehmann
*NEW* K-9 Mail support - extends K-9's notification
functionality with interactive or non-interactive per account
customizable on-screen popups
*NEW* optional interactive on-screen e-mail preview (popup)
*NEW* optional default Gmail notification mode
*NEW* custom notifications per account
*NEW* different icons in notification bar for each account
*NEW* new notification icons
*NEW* added extra long duration for on-screen preview
*FIX* few errors
*NEW* option to keep LED turned on (no blinking) - This needs to be supported by your phone HW / SW (ROM) in order to work.
*NEW* option to enable/disable sound and vibration notifications during call
* Notifications about incoming / unread e-mails
* Shows number of unread conversations in notification bar
* Multiple accounts support (Gmail / K-9 Mail)
* On-screen preview of new e-mails (doesn’t interrupt any other application)
* Adjustable level of privacy
* Customizable sound, vibration, LED notifications
* Option to vibrate only in a vibration profile
* E-mail icons
* Display settings (power saving mode)
* Reminder system (sound, vibration, display)
* Quiet hours feature
* Designed for low battery consumption
Hints / Limitations:
* IMAP / POP3 / MS Exchange support
- On TODO list...
* HTC Desire with stock ROM - how to fix LED blinking (let us know if it works for other phones with similar problem)
- On stock ROM, LED blinking will stop in about 5 mins after e-mail arrives. To workaround that we have added refresh during reminders. Simply, set reminders to a period of 5 mins to keep the led on. Btw, you can have reminders 'on' without need to set further Sound, Vibration, Turn on Display.
* LED colors / LED blink rate
- Your phone / rom needs to support that in a way it's accessible via standard Android API (android.app.Notification), otherwise the options won't work for you. Example: HTC Desire - only green and standard blink rate is supported via standard (stock) rom.
- We know that other programs may use some sort of workarounds and other tricks, but currently we don't have any plans to implement that. Example: HTC Desire support via charging LED.
* On-screen display of e-mail visible when the phone is locked (in a sleep mode).
- Currently, not possible. To introduce that, it would mean to play with the Keyguard functionality in Android API which we are not sure we wanna do. Maybe in the future ... on TODO list.
- You could maybe try some other 3rd party apps which implements their own lock screen. Let us know here if you find something which works together with E-mail Notifier.
If you think there is a feature your are missing or a bug which bothers you just let us know.
Martin and Petr from mapeapps
SMS Notifier thread:
Network Counter thread: