Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I have a Best Buy Platnium Case and would like to get a Leather Holster.

OP sandman512

17th October 2010, 03:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

676 posts
For work purposes, I wold like to have a leather holster that can accommodate my Epic that has a Best Buy platinum case. Thanks!
24th October 2010, 03:41 AM   |  #2  
Plano,TX
Thanks Meter: 24

163 posts
More
I've also been searching for a side pouch/case that will hold my Epic with a case on it, but I haven't had any luck. I have the $20 Sprint Protective cover on my Epic.

igear360.com/2010/09/01/review-sprint-protective-cover-czs6842r-for-the-samsung-epic-4g/
26th October 2010, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Fall River, MA
Thanks Meter: 54

579 posts
More
Just as an fyi the best buy case is nothing but a seido case. While I can't specifically help you anything forthe seido case will work for the best buy case.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
29th October 2010, 07:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 68

528 posts
More
I haven't been able to find one that will fit. Why not just buy a leather case for work and take off your platinum case? This is just my preference, but on days when I need a more "professional" look at work, I take my hard case off and use the Samsung Galaxy S leather case with my naked Epic (http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...ET-OCTSBLNBBCC). Then when I have those days when Im doing something more physical and need better protection the hardcase goes back on. In my opinion, the Epic looks better naked anyways.
4th November 2010, 09:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 45

812 posts
I have the Galaxy S leather case and be warned the epic fits very snuggly in it. Heck that link in the post above mine, I typed in epic 4g to test compatibility with the case and they say the epic is not compatible with that case (even though sprint is pushing it). It is to the point where I am thinking about trying the seidio leather case to see if it fits better. I am kinda worried because the seidio case seems like it might be a generic case not specifically cut for our phone.

So yea, I have the leather galaxy s case and I am still looking for a better leather hip holster solution.
10th November 2010, 04:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 59

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7

So yea, I have the leather galaxy s case and I am still looking for a better leather hip holster solution.

I'm with Masterface - same situation. Epic is VERY snug in Galaxy S case and makes it difficult to pull out easily sometimes.

Anyone find a good working leather case? I really miss my blackberry case where you slide the phone in bottom first, lets you grip on each side to get it in and out.

If one doesn't come up soon I may go for the Body Glove belt-clip/swivel/stand/case. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827717
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread