Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia upgrade: HD2 or HD7 ?

Tip us?

Bulldog
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8ter View Post
Even at release WP7 will offer better desktop synchronization than Android. I wonder if you people ever do research on your own, or just expect us to regurgitate everything to you on a forum...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
First, I never said Android has better Sync then WM7!!!!. Be Frank I really donít know how good or bad android is with desktop sync. Or else I would have come to end of my decision.
But be frank I do have expected that MS the should have at the beginning better integration of MS office and desktop sync then they going to have now. I mean they are the maker of MS office, Windows desktop etc. I wonder how one will transfer Office documents, PDF files etc. to the device and able to work with those documents without having a file explorer on the device. Where is the SD card that I can use as Mass Storage and transfer files from one computer to another?
it is a joke that I have Windows desktop which has all my information on it then I have my windows phone just beside of it But I canít Sync calendar, contact, Notes, Task, Documents without going through a server. well I can understand that MS trying to push the sales of exchange , SharePoint servers, usage of Live/Hotmailís as they wanted make money with sales of their other softwareís or advertisements in Hotmail/bingsís. But as a user which paying about 700-800USD for device I wanted to have the choice to been my own master.

All the hardware problem you have mentioned are not the issue of the OS but rather it is the problem of HTC which also going to manufacture some of the WM7 devises. HTC is pushing out so many different devices and trying of course making much more money that they can. Naturally the quality
Coming back to Wm6.5! I have/had a HTC HD which is obviously hardware wise much less then HD2 but with cooking my own ROM the device and also the OS has performed greatly.
I could have few application open running at the background and switch between them as I like but still for whole week I didnít need to reset ones. Yes I agree that so many cooked ROMS are out there which have so many crap in it. Furthermore so many guys loading so many different application I wonder how many guys really need some of those regular base.

Well it become again long, at the end everyone is free to choose what one things is right

N8ter
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 127
And google isn't pushimg the use of gmail and google search with android. You're startimg to soumd fanatical, so I won't respond anymore.

And lol @ worrying about Synching media or documents. WP7 will do all that flawlessly via Zune and SkyDrive/Office Web Apps.

Sure, you can multitask on HD2, but ur battery will run out faster than a hooker runs out of condoms. Have fun with that.

Multitasking on smartphones is overrated, anyways. Just something fanbois talk about when an OS they won't use anyways doesn't have it (usually before they use that OS and know absolutely nothing about it, to boot).

Just the lack of decent 3rd party apps will be enough to kill off WM6.5, and of course you'll still be waiting for God knows who to fix the bugs.

I'm not arguing about a phone I own with someone who has never used it... Seriously.

satchef1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'd go with either the HD7 or Desire/HD personally. Buying a HD2 is going to leave you with a choice between poor hacked versions of modern OS's or an abandoned OS with diminishing support.

The hacks are great for existing owners but they aren't really a reason to buy one. Too buggy/unstable.

doministry
Old
Thanks Meter 168
My opinion: for now - get HD2 definitely.

WP 7 has many annoying limitations
which will effectively hold back the platform for over half a year.

And don't listen to idiots saying "WM 6.5 is dead".
I mean - what dead?
Now the platform has thousands of apps,
it will take some time for WP 7 to reach this level.

Devices are working, not disappearing or exploding because of WP7.

WP7 will be a treat when Microsoft will stop it's idiotic policy
and let users use their devices.

Wait for some time for WP7.
a w a r e
SE P800 P910 P990 P1 X1 X2 X10 LG E900 Xperia Arc X10 Mini Sony Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z

Casey_boy
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 55
Can you wait til Christmas? If so, then do! (or, at least, that's what I'm doing and I already have a HD2)

You'll get to see whether WP7 has been ported to the HD2 and, if it has, how it is running.

You'll also get some information about WP7 and whether, or not, it is going down well. That might help influence your decision. Equally, you'll get to see how people are reacting to the HD7.

Oh, and the big plus, I imagine that the HD2 will have dramatically dropped in price and, you never know, the HD7 might have dropped a little, or even some newer phones will have come out...

Casey

N8ter
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 127
WM6.5 is dead. Most of the better app devs have either moved to other platforms, or moving to WP7.

The apps exist, but most of them aren't that good, are badly maintained (if at all), or are clunky as hell (side product of the underlying platform).

Xuan Toan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
HD2 is so great. It can run WM6.5 and Android smoothly. I think it will become the first one can run 3 OSs. You can now switch btw WM, Android easily. HD2 is a great WM6.5 phone, a good Desire, Nexus, Desire HD, Desire Z. HD2 is also a Evo one without 4G funtion (3G, wifi, hotspot are all working).

HTC HD2 Leo
Rom: Dutty's N4s V3
Radio: 2.15.50
Android Build: Mdeejay FroYo HD, Z, Lex, EvoRevoluton...

BELMOT
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Having 2 OS in your device is a huge advantage, belive me, I love having WM 6.5.x and Android Froyo in my Device... HD2 is my best choice

Also it has the requirments for Windows Phone7, so there is a good chance to have it in your HD2 ( there will be some bugs at the biganing )

BELMOT
Xperia X1i
0.72.OliNex HardSPL
EnergyRom

T-Mobile HTC HD2
Cotulla HardSPL
OMEGA ROM
Mdeejay eVo Sense v.2.0 REVOlution
Stock Radio

Special thanks to Cotulla for everything, and we want more for HD2

XDA in My Heart

PzykoSkillz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
N8ter, is it possible that you don't like WinMo? lol

I have an HD2 and love it, but would try to wait like others have said to see about WP7. You never want to get stuff when it first comes out b/c of HW/SW issues.

Andrewtst
Old
(Last edited by Andrewtst; 19th October 2010 at 05:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1371

DONATE TO ME
I won't get HD2 due to:
  • This phone is old. (I know the spec similar / same with HD7 but it feel like getting old device).
  • Official support till WM 6.5.x
  • WM 6.5.x is dead product soon.
  • Soon no more release of WM 6.5.x apps.
  • BAD quality LCD.

I get HD7 because:
  • Design better than HD2.
  • New Phone.
  • Official support WP7.
  • No worried on apps in coming future.
  • Better S-LCD screen.
  • New experience, what for take HD2 since you own X1 before, it is kind of bored owning same things.

** Kindly take notes, HD7 not support surround sound, only HD7 surround edition support surround sound.
Phone: HTC ONE (M8) | | Kernel: Stock | ROM: ViperOneM8 v1.8.0 - 4.4.2 KitKat
Future Phone: ~ nil

Ex. Phone: Nokia 3310, Samsung S500, Nokia 7610, 7270, 7280, SE K750, Nokia N73, LG Viewty KU990, Samsung Pixon, UltraTOUCH, OMNIA II, Nokia 3120 Classic, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S II, S III, Sony Xperia Z, Z Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Tablet: Sony Xperia Tablet Z | ROM: Stock v10.5.A.0.230 - 4.4.2 KitKat
Future Tablet: Still Finding

Ex. Tablet: Google Nexus 10