Originally Posted by gleff1
Just a quick question.. when I try and do this, I only get a list of about 5 choices.. none of which are my CSC here in Australia. Is there an easy way to add a product code to the list? eg. is it just a matter of adding a code to an XML file or something?
BTW.. I'm running JPM
- I face similar issue, GT-I9000
- Old firmware: DXJG4; P.Code:HKA XME; Rooted; LagFixed; Quadrant:2100
- Bricked. I managed to get download mode, flash JM9 with Odin, reboot, factory reset.
- The phone seems to be working fine cept at recovery mode it said multicsc can not acces to /system/csc/xme/system
" and after a couple of reboots, it says "multicsc can not acces to /system/csc/ /system
- Open dialer and typed: *2767*4387264636# and found PCode:GT-I9000HKAXME; Checked firmware:XWJM9; cannot root; No LagFix; Quadrant:814
- I used CSC_I9000OLBJG4
- Asian Multi-CSC (Unbranded, PCODE(s) CCM, DGI, GLB, MIS, MM1, SIN, SMA, STH, THL, UMB, XEV, XME
, XSE, XSO, XSP, XTC, XTE, XXV)
- When I ran *#272*???????????????# the variant / product code (XME) was not on the list to choose from. In fact, only CCM, DGI, GLB, MIS, MM1, SIN, SMA, STH was available. It was like the bottom part of the list went missing. (I scrolled, it's NOT there). Cannot type in screen on top either.
- Also been looking to install XME.zip (found this somewhere in xda) with adb. (actually I really don't know what I'm doing on adb. Noob)
- Cannot root. Reflashed 3 times, all succesfull but nothing happens when update.zip at recovery screen.
1. How to install XME? Do I really need to? (I havn't found any problems except unable to root. Phone, SMS, MMS, GPS, Market, WiFi - ALL good)
2. I cannot root because of CSC issue?
I need to root and lagfix. Any ideas?